“Always a pleasure...”
Review of Hoffman Haus

Hoffman Haus
Ranked #9 of 82 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 December 2012

I found the Hoffman Haus just over a year ago, while searching for the perfect venue to hold my wedding. After visiting the property and talking with the staff and owners...we decided this would be the most magnificent place to have our wedding. All of the rooms are incredible, the grounds are beautiful, and the owners and staff make you feel right at home. The breakfast is delicious, the beds are very comfortable, all of the rooms are clean, there are always cookies in the main house. It is situated just one block off Main Street, making it very peaceful but also so convenient to town...everything is within walking distance. We planned our wedding for late January 2012...crossing our fingers for about 3 months that our unpredictable Texas winters would pull through, and bring us a beautiful day. We couldn't have asked for a better wedding venue. Having our closest family and friends us for our entire wedding weekend, and not having to call our wedding quits by a certain hour was perfect for us. My husband and I have stayed at the Hoffman Haus three times in the past year, never to be let down...and always leave wising we could stay longer. This past weekend we were in town with four of our friends, and we stayed in the Farmhouse. Couldn't have been better. Can't wait to come back again. Thanks for everything, Hoffman Haus!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great, I've stayed in four different rooms...always comfortable. None of o...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 December 2012

My husband treated me to this cozy B&B for my birthday and we had a great time. The room (we stayed in the Morning Star) was very clean and charming and the breakfast was delicious every morning. The only thing we were a little bit bummed about was that the advertised gas fireplace didn't work...it was the main reason we chose that particular room! Otherwise...the stay and the room were wonderful and we would stay here again if ever in Fredericksburg.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
AchmedHoffman, Owner at Hoffman Haus, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2012

We appreciate the kind review and apologize for the confusion over the fireplace in Morning Star. Our website states that we have a fireplace with ceramic logs, but goes no further with explanation. We will definitely amend that to better explain how the fireplace works in that room. Several years ago we had a fireplace in one of our rooms catch fire, Texas Star, thank God with no injury to our guests, but it destroyed the room and almost destroyed the Great Hall. Since then we have retrofitted our fireplaces with faux logs and candles just to be safe. We will definitely rework our room description, and thanks for the "heads up".

Reviewed 28 November 2012

My husband and I have been visiting Hoffman Haus as a couple and with our children and extended family for years. It's the perfect distance to walk to Main street, the perfect distance to get away from it. The staff is extraordinarily accommodating, giving you everything you need, then giving you complete privacy. Every room is beautifully appointed, every breakfast a delicious surprise. I never want to leave. No one does it better than Leslie and Hugh.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2012

Had a memorable stay at Hauffman Haus during the Thanksgiving holidays. Fantastic accomodations and superb breakfast. All the family were able to get houses that fit their needs. Lots of privacy but also nice areas for us to all get together and visit.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at Hoffman Haus to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary. Our stay far exceeded our expectations! It is located just a couple blocks off Main Street which made it so convenient to get to all the shops, restaurants and wineries. We stayed in the Morning Star room and it was so beautiful, cozy and clean. The bed and furniture were very comfortable. They delivered breakfast to our door each morning in a cute picnic basket and the food was plentiful and delicious!!!! And I mean delicious! The room had all the amenities we needed (mini fridge, microwave, tv, dvd player). The main building has a little library with books, dvds and board games. Our only disappointment was that it was not a working fireplace in the room. Overall our stay was fantastic and we would HIGHLY recommend Hoffman Haus to family and friends.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2012

My wife and I recently got married at Hoffman Haus and it was the single best experience of our lives (so far). The property is beautiful and quaint giving a feeling of staying in a remote environment away from the city even though it is located one street from the main strip in downtown Fredericksburg. We stayed in the Basse House which was extremely nice however we were able to visit most of the rooms on the property and every room is great with each room having its own individual unique qualities. All of the staff were very polite and helpful and the Property Manager Courtney Mode is extremely easy and pleasant to work with. My new wife and I definitely plan to return to Hoffman Haus very soon. I would definitely recommend Hoffman Haus to family, friends, and anyone who wants to have one of the best experiences at a HIll Country B&B.

Room Tip: The Farm House or Basse House are great for large families or groups
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gabriel M
Reviewed 6 November 2012 via mobile

My husband and I planned a quick getaway. Hoffman Haus was more than we expected. Great customer service, attention to detail, delicious breakfast delivered to your door in a picnic basket. I would highly recommend Hoffman Haus to family and friends.

• Stayed: November 2012