“Short, but oh so sweet!”
Review of Hoffman Haus

Hoffman Haus
Ranked #7 of 80 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
Dunnellon, Florida
“Short, but oh so sweet!”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We spent the last evening of our Texas visit at the farm house on the Hoffman Haus property. We reserved the farmhouse especially so we could enjoy a meal cooked together with our son and his girlfriend and our longtime friends. Due to unforeseen changes we were still able to do just that, but with a twist. My husband and I spent the better part of the evening at the Hill Country Memorial E.R.(if you ever need emergency treatment, this E.R. Is outstanding). When we arrived back at the farm house our son, his girlfriend and our wonderful friend had but together a meal(my chef husband was the featured cook that evening)fit for a king! Hoffman Haus graciously provided any cooking implements that were not already in the kitchen and we had an evening to remember! We ate by candlelight in the dining room and it was a late, lovely dinner that we will not soon forget. The house is like an old friend and we were so comfortable, it was like we were at home. My husband, in all his discomfort, slept like a baby, the beds are so amazingly comfortable, we all slept well. Our breakfast was delivered in covered baskets, just a little earlier then normal, as we had requested, and we were treated to a complete gourmet breakfast. One last thought, as my good friend and I sat at the dining room table, gazing at all the book lined shelves we both agreed how wonderful it would be if we could just stay there long enough to read them all, in the comfort of this very cozy house...sigh...Hoffman Haus has truly created on its property, an ideal, immaculately clean, getaway, close enough to everything, yet worlds away.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Texas
Reviewed 4 August 2013

My husband and I stayed In 'the Cottage' room for a long weekend. The staff are friendly at checkin and very helpful. The room is large, comfortable and very clean. While the property maintains and older ambiance, the rooms are very modern and updated. The Bathroom is huge with a large claw foot tub and oversized walk in shower. Plenty of pillows, comfortable bed and good working AC rounds out a wonderful stay. Breakfast is always served at 9am, and for early risers this may seem like a wait. It wold be nice to be able to pick a time. Easy walk to Main Street.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Fredericksburg has a rich German history, so I was really excited to book the Hoffman Haus. It already had great reviews, an ideal location, & the reasonable rates - even on a holiday. We booked 1 night - 4th of July. Though no rooms were available online, I emailed them to see if anything opened up. Sure enough, rooms were being held for a wedding, but they were able to release one for us! Courtney was so friendly & really went the extra mile to assist us. Reserving the room was super easy & fast. When we arrived, Flora was very helpful, giving us maps & tips on places to check out. Their website is terrific - you see photos of each room & what you get - it's as simple as that. We requested the Crockett room - very Texan & rustic; big room, high ceiling, super cozy, fantastic shower. We got "The Alamo" DVD from their Great Hall dvd/reading room & had such a nice relaxing evening after watching the 4th of July fireworks. Breakfast is brought to your door at 9 am via picnic basket & it's delicious! Eggs, waffles, fruit - all warm & fresh. Their location is perfect - close walking distance to Main Street and a close drive to Enchanted Rock/vineyards on Main/other towns. We wish we could've stayed another night, but we look forward to returning!

Room Tip: Crockett room was cozy. It's on the top floor, so if stairs aren't your thing, there are oth...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lenabeans1
Burleson
Reviewed 3 July 2013

My son got married at HH and the entire facility was reserved for family & friends. The cabins had rustic touches to them, but had all the amenities to make them superb vacation spots. Comfy beds, large baths with superb quality of products, good sized living area with mini "kitchen in a cabinet", great cable tv stations, nice porch sitting rockers and many other things. There were even a couple of HH cats that wandered in your room if the door was open and surveyed it all and then walked off to visit other guests. It was just wonderful having everyone in one location so we could gather together on covered porch by the Great Room. It is such a hassle to try and determine where to go for a social outing, coordinate it among all the guests, drive several autos, and find a place that can accommodate us all. There were 30 or 40 of us gathering on the covered porch every evening. We didn't have to drive & worry about drinking and driving. If someone was tired, they just walked to their cabin and didn't worry about inconveniencing others. It was like a big family reunion. The breakfasts in a basket were off high quality and the staff at HH went the extra mile to see to our needs and happiness. Flora was particularly helpful and friendly. The wedding was beautiful outside in the garden area and the Great Hall provided plenty of space for our after wedding dinner and dancing. This place is amazing for a group get together. I loved being able to run next door if I needed to change clothes or visit with my sister. And if I wanted to go to bed early, I didn't bother anyone. If you are thinking of having a family reunion or wedding, this is the perfect site. And if you need a caterer August E's is the best!! There is also a restaurant August E's that has exquisitely fine dining with steak that melts in your mouth, grilled quail, crab cakes and too many other to mention. Who would have ever thought such fine dining would be found in Fredericksburg. Dawn and Leu run the restaurant and the catering service. They are fantastic people and felt like old friends before we left. They catered the dinner the night before the wedding at 4.0 Cellars and catered the wedding at HH. The steak was amazing and fork tender. The grilled quail was so flavorful and the cheesy crab cake appetizers were smooth and so tasteful. Overall Hoffman Haus is a top notch facility with friendly and helpful staff and luxury accommodations packed in rustic charm. And you can walk to town. We had a slight overflow of guests that stayed at the Hampton Inn and they walked over for our group gatherings. SUPERB & TOP NOTCH Highly recommend this facility for couples, groups, special occasions or solo if you want to get away and kick back and relax. The town has everything you could want. The only issue I had was the sink counters are too tall in the Quad cabins. They are taller than the traditional "man sink" in some new homes. I couldn't lean over the sink to wash my face. The cabinet the sink was in was beautiful with lots of drawer space, but if the legs were cut off it would be more practical and useful. I wish I had a step stool. But the bathroom was vey large with two separate sink/cabinet setups, old style tub and separate shower plus a private potty room.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Donna M
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Spent June 27-30 at HH for my cousin's wedding. We stayed in one of the "Quad" cabins (#21) and absolutely loved it. A beautuful, good sized living room with our "hidden' kitchen and beautiful furnishings; a big, private bedroom w/comfy beds (very comfy which truly impressed us) it too, had beautiful furnishings. A great bathroom that had plenty of room for my husband and I to get ready at the same time without being in each other's way. Breakfast is a treat, as is the mini-fridge stocked with water and various juices.
I met Courtney and Shonda, along with other members of the staff that were simply amazing. They treated us like old friends. We spent quite a bit of time on the big porch outside the main "Hall". It was a great gathering place to have a glass of wine (or two) and visit with friends and family who traveled from all over to celebrate the wedding.
Last but certainly not least....please visit Gabi at the on- site Day Spa. As someone who takes my massages seriously, Gabi is the BEST. We sure kept her busy! She was so accomodating to all of us. Again, simply the best!
My husband and I plan to visit again in the fall and I'm already planning a girl's trip. If you are thinking about a get-away...HH is the place for you.
We promise you won't be disappointed!!

• Stayed June 2013
Leslie W, Owner at Hoffman Haus, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
Thank you all for leaving such kind posts. This past wedding weekend was one of the best and everyone who stayed with us just seemed to get into the spirit of Hoffman Haus. With coolers of drinks on the front porch and comfortable rocking chairs in use it was a fun relaxed two days of celebrating a darling couple!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 1 July 2013

My daughter and I enjoyed a mid-week getaway at HH. I have stayed at several B&Bs in the Fredericksburg area, but this place surpasses them all--in all categories: decor, cuisine, amenities, atmosphere. Their hospitality was impressive, and our room was lovely. The owner and staff were friendly and happy to answer our questions. I look forward my return stay---right after I convince my husband to take me.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Katie D
Ballground, Georgia
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We were traveling and tasting along the 290 hwy wine trail and decided to spend the night in Fredericksburg. Sooo glad we found HH. Upon arrival, we met the sweetest receptionist. Breakfast is not to be missed, delivered in a picnic basket right at 9am. The bed was super comfy. And a cookie is waiting for you. FYI: everything closes down in Fredericksburg around 5pm. except restaurants.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple