“Our most enjoyable Anniversary ever!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hoffman Haus

Hoffman Haus
Ranked #6 of 81 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“Our most enjoyable Anniversary ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2005

I wanted to search for a nice, classy place for my wife and I to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary (and my recent retirement, after 26 years in the USAF). I came across the Hoffman Haus, on-line, under “Top Rated B&B’s in Fredericksburg, TX.” I wanted somewhere that was romantic, quite, and unlike any place we had been before (without the children of course & as a surprise for my wife). I hit the jackpot! The owners, Leslie & Hugh, along with Catharine, the manager, immediately made us feel welcomed, like close family and/or old friends. Their hospitality is second to none. They have really put their hearts and souls into this place. Along with the unique, “out-in-the-country” setting, you will find the different suites/rooms and a very nice garden area to walk thru or just sit in. There is a large Conservatory, complete with an area for a banquet or wedding, a formal dining room, and a library with plenty of books & videotapes for guests to use. Here, along with the other friendly guests, we enjoyed “happy hour” from 5-7 PM complete with complementary wine, wonderful hors d’overs, and beautiful, live piano music. It was an excellent finish to each day and relaxing beginning to our romantic evenings. We truly enjoyed getting to know the other guests, who found the Hoffman Haus as exciting and unique as we did. Leslie and Hugh spent time getting to know everyone and went out of their way to ensure any special needs/requests were met (such as dietary needs for breakfast). Along with Catharine, they’re the most down to earth, family oriented, friendly people you could ever meet.

A delicious, carefully prepared hot breakfast was delivered to our door each morning, in a wicker basket, complete with cloth napkins. Our “Alamo Suite” was, clean, very spacious, romantic, exciting, very well decorated and well worth the cost. We had everything we needed in our room, including a nice balcony to sit out on, over looking the courtyard from our second floor suite. The Hoffman Haus is just a little ways off Main St in Fredericksburg and very close to everything, although you would never know it. The out of way location gave you a feeling of privacy and that we were much farther away from the tourist area. I recommend you visit their website to see how beautiful and different the Hoffman Haus really is. We plan on returning with the entire family very soon. I have highly recommended this bed and breakfast to the owners and co-workers of the firm where I work, as well as all our friends.
Our thanks to all the folks at the Hoffman Haus for making our 20th wedding anniversary, one we will always remember.

• Stayed August 2005
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2005

Ladies- If you are looking for an excellent hide away where you will be pampered and petted, look no further than the Hoffman Haus Bed & Breakfast in Fredericksburg, Texas!
I recently ventured forth on a Sunday through Thursday retreat with a few friends with the plan of "just sitting quitely and smelling the flowers." With a little (quite effortless) pre-planning, I worked with the very charming Manager of Hoffman Haus to create the retreat of my dreams. I scheduled breakfast to be delivered to my suite or served to the group in the dining room on different days. We even breakfasted in the garden, which is a haven unto itself! The manager also provided access to a very skilled young woman chef who created wonderful menus for Lunch, Tea, and Dinner to be prepared and served as we wished. There were heavenly soups and salads created entirely of fresh, locally grown produce. And desserts worth the extra calories and fat grams consumed! The gentlelady also very graciously scheduled spa services for us at the Herb Farm, and a special Chef's Table dining experience at the very popular restaurant, Cuvee.
I stayed in the Basse House in the large suite with the most divine garden tub! I must admit that after viewing the possibilities, I jumped in my car and drove immediatly to the Herb Farm and procured a selection of soaps and bath salts. Not a day of my soul reviving retreat went by that I didn't spend quite a bit of time with a great book in that awe-inspiring tub! In the evenings I was embraced by the calm, cool decor of the room and the wonderfully soft linens. My friends and I felt completely detached from the world during our stay. We were so refreshed that I know we will schedule another visit quite soon.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2005

I had heard that this property had new owners who have spared neither expense nor attention to detail to create an elegant and welcoming home-away-from-home for people looking for top-notch accomodations in the Hill Country. My daugher and I just had to book a room to see for ourselves.

We weren't disappointed. I haven't seen an inn or b&b this well done in many years (especially in Texas!). The rooms are quietly sophisticated: down comforters, leather sofas and chairs, good paintings. Fantastic antiques. A mini-kitchen with china, gourmet coffee (french press!). Baths with highest quality fluffy towels and deluxe bath soaps and such. Gardens that offer shade, quiet, and reflextion. A gorgeous library totally at the guests' disposal (and filled with wonderful books and vidoes).

A proper breakfast delivered to our door promptly at 9 a.m. Complimentary appetizers and wine served in Great Hall every evening with the owner in attendance to fill us in on the property's history and the area's better attractions.

I can't heap enough praise on this gem. When my daughter is ready to marry, I will suggest (strongly!) that her wedding plans include Hoffman Haus. A garden wedding was in rehersal when we visited and I can see may daughter now taking her vows in the seclusion and grace of this lovely spot.

• Stayed May 2005