“Very nice motel. super friendly employees at front desk. excellent coffee!!”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Houston, Texas, United States
“Very nice motel. super friendly employees at front desk. excellent coffee!!”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I stayed at this motel with my kids during a 3 week roadtrip and was pleasantly surprised. Although the mattresses could use updating, the beds were comfortable. The rooms were quiet and a decent size. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The front desk employees were very friendly and helpful. There was a Continental breakfast in the morning and it was delicious. They kept restocking the pastry and doughnut supply and the coffee was delicious. A very good value.

Room Tip: Choose a room by the pool
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Muscat, Oman
Reviewed 9 July 2013

The people were friendly enough, but this older property has not been maintained. The location does not allow you to walk to downtown. Knowing that this was an Econo Lodge I had low expectations, but they were not met.

If I was stranded on the road I would stay there. If I had camping gear, I would probably opt to camp out instead of staying at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Burleson, Texas, United States
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Would not recommend. Stayed in room 130 that had three queen beds. AC unit took forever to cool room and was very loud. Mattresses were worn out and uncomfortable. When I sat on bed with comforter on, began feeling like I was being bit and began itching. Made trip to Walgreens to get can of Lysol probably more for a mental placebo since it don't work on bed bugs or lice. Other products would cause us to vacate room for two hours. Member of party woke up with several bites on him. Shower worked halfway since plumbing needs to be addressed. Toilet barely flushed but I think I fixed after examining the tank. Yes, the hotel is cheaper than others in town but you get what you pay for!

Room Tip: avoid room 130!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 15 June 2013

This is a very low end motel. I have never received directions on how to turn on the shower...thta should have been my clue. The breakfast was so light I would not even call it continental. The sheets felt so rough my skin needs lotion. There was no do not disturb note or no maid needed sign. For $100 a night not worth it however if I had only paid $54 I it would be what I expected. I wont stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Allen, Texas
Reviewed 25 May 2013

We've been visiting Fredericksburg every year for that past ten years or so. We always go in the spring time to view the beautiful flowers along the Texas highways in the hill country. I was a little apprehensive about the reservations that our friend made for us but we were all very happy with the rooms, the hospitality and the location. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
central tx
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Clean ,comfy bed, close to most of the attractions in Fredericksburg. About a mile from Lady Bird Johnson Park , and about a mile from down town. Awesome location and you get exactly what you would expect for a motel with "economy" in it's name. I would say it's a bargain for the traveler that all their going to do is basically bath and sleep.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Green Valley, Arizona
Reviewed 3 April 2013

This is an older property that is run by a couple who live on premises and cannot do enough to make your stay enjoyable. When I reported the ice machine was not dispensing ice, the gentleman offered to get me some ice from their freezer.

The rooms are very clean and the housekeeping staff is great. When I left the following morning, the housekeeper was cleaning the room next door. She made a point of coming out and wishing me a safe trip-nice gesture. The continental breakfast with delicious German pastries, fresh fruit, juice and coffee or special teas was great.

My only problem was I do not like insects. About 8 PM I noticed a huge black bug crawling around the door. It quickly decided to join me on the bed which sent me into a panic. I called the front desk and the gentleman came and said, "Oh, it's not a roach, it's just a cricket" Unfortunately seeing one bug even if just a cricket made it hard for me to sleep. About midnight after the front desk had closed until 7:30 in the morning, I turned the light on to work on the computer and saw two more "crickets"-one behind the bed that scampered behind the headboard and the other one by the TV. I stayed awake most of the night with the light on hoping that would keep the insects hiding. I didn't see them again, but when I opened my suitcase tonight where I am staying I found a half dead "cricket" inside my suitcase.

With little sleep my plan to leave at 7 AM was not possible. When I went over for the breakfast, I told the woman at the front desk who I had not seen before my sleep and enjoyment of my stay had been hindered by huge black bugs. Her reply was "It's just a cricket."

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo