“It will do”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We stayed over the Labor Day weekend and this was a last minute trip. room was clean. Location is pretty good. About 8 blocks from Main street. Bed was a little hard and lumpy. but hey the room was about half the cost of other motels in the area.. for the price it was just fine. We would stay again.

Room Tip: They have smoking and non smoking rooms.. We got a smoking room and it definately smelled of stale c...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 August 2013

A good clean hotel, with a fair price, not far from the main drag and next to a convenient store. I seen some reviews that appear to be from jaded individuals. It's was a really treat to get away from the city and enjoy seeing the stars. The air temp dropped to 69 ℉ and it set the tempo for relaxation. The wife and I had great time here.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Thrall77
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Contrary to the erudite reviewers who compared this place as somewhere akin to a 19th century tenement, my experience was much more fulfilling. The staff who I interacted with were professional and polite. The room in which I slept was clean, and pleasantly free of roaches and bed bugs. And speaking of beds, I have stayed in a first class hotel with beds comparable to the rocks at Stonehenge. My king size bed at the Econo Lodge in Fredericksburg was so soft and comfortable that I slept like a baby. My only whine: the price was perhaps a tad high, but then again, it's a tourist town on a weekend in summer. Overall, I recommend this place, and one can spend their savings on Main Street!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank BritBond
Reviewed 27 July 2013

The room was small, which, in fairness, they did warn us about. But they did not warn us about the ants and cockroaches, or that the AC was not able to be regulated so that we either froze or fried throughout the night. Also, the smoke alarm went off in the middle of the night (for no apparent reason that we could gather), and we could hear every word of conversation from the “patio”/smoke area just outside our room. All in all…my advice is to search elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2013

This Hotel is old, no problem. However it has not been maintained. The carpeting was gross, filthy dirty torn up inspots and smelled bad. The bathroom was discusting, stained toilet and shower very poorly cleaned. The walls were desperate for a good cleaning and some paint. The receptionist was rude upon our arrival, after that desk help was at best poor. Look somewhere else if you want a clean room.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I stayed at this motel with my kids during a 3 week roadtrip and was pleasantly surprised. Although the mattresses could use updating, the beds were comfortable. The rooms were quiet and a decent size. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The front desk employees were very friendly and helpful. There was a Continental breakfast in the morning and it was delicious. They kept restocking the pastry and doughnut supply and the coffee was delicious. A very good value.

Room Tip: Choose a room by the pool
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2013

The people were friendly enough, but this older property has not been maintained. The location does not allow you to walk to downtown. Knowing that this was an Econo Lodge I had low expectations, but they were not met.

If I was stranded on the road I would stay there. If I had camping gear, I would probably opt to camp out instead of staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family