“Roach on my face”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I woke up to a tickling sensation on my cheek in the middle of the night. I jumped up startled to see a LARGE roach under my pillow. My husband killed it with a shoe and flushed it down the toilet. This happened around 2 AM and I couldn't get back to sleep. The office wouldn't open until 7 AM, so I couldn't complain to anyone until then. When I told the office clerk what had happened when they finally opened she said "the rain draws bugs out." It didn't start raining until 4 AM. There were also ants around the bathroom and mini fridge. I would have looked over the ants if the roach thing hadn't happened. I called Choice Hotels International to complain and received an email from the General Manager saying "sometimes these Texas critters make their way inside". I grew up in Texas, and in my opinion, this is an excuse. She told me I would receive a refund, but I ended up getting a $30 credit (doesn't even cover one night's stay).

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ashley C
FBGEconoLodgeGM, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Comments posted regarding a stay last June.....problem was addressed.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

When we arrived at 4:30 our room was not ready but I understand was big room and they were quick about it....need to improve vending machine need a snack machine...and breakfast....and I got bit by some bed bugs while I was there so bad had to go see the dr....front desk was kind and so was housekeeprs...just look into the bed bug situation and ur vending machine options

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for posting your comments. Guest comments and compliments encourage us in continuing to offer satisfying and relaxing accommodations to visitors to the beautiful Texas Hill Country. I apologize for the problem you experienced and hope that you will return in the future to allow us the opportunity to serve your lodging needs again.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

We had the corner room 130 and it was very quiet and clean,the only thing was that the beds were a little or a lot firm....but that's my only complaint...the food every where was so good but not for someone on a Budget. You better bring lots of money,to Fredericksburg ...They boost up them Prices to the Sky!!! Some of it was just too Ridiculous! Especially if you want to have a good Time.... And we did ,but we left broke....;-)

Room Tip: I would recommend this hotel....
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
whitefbg, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to record your comments regarding your recent stay at the Fredericksburg Econo Lodge. You stayed in one of our 3-bed rooms and they are tucked away in quiet corners. Fredericksburg and the Texas Hill Country have a lot to offer the weekend traveler and we are glad you had a great time. We hope to see you again soon! Thanks again!

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Stayed one night for a last minute girls weekend. We stayed in room 130 which has 3 queen beds and is in a corner. The property is older but was clean. The mattresses were very bouncy but the sheets and bedding were comfortable. We noticed no noise from other rooms and we all agreed we had a good nights sleep. Bathroom is small but clean. The dressing area was f nice size. L shaped which was good for 3 women all dressing.

The staff were extremely friendly and eager to offer restaurant suggestions. Best value in Fredricksburg.

It is not walking distance to Main Street, at least not for us after a full day hiking Enchanted Rock.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to comment online regarding your recent stay at Fredericksburg Econo Lodge. We strive to provide clean, comfortable and peaceful lodging to each and every one of our guests. You positive comments are an encouragement to us. Thanks again!

Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Yes it's economical but the walls are paper thin, the mattresses hard, and the AC wasn't working. It's ok for the night if you don't plan on getting enough rest for a day of hiking. Visiting Fredericksburg was a last minute decision and we couldn't find anywhere to stay that wasn't going to break the bank but I wouldn't stay here again. Very uncomfortable.

Stayed: March 2014
whitefbg, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations during your recent lodging experience at the Fredericksburg Econo Lodge. I will address the issues mentioned in your comments. However, please know that we are in the process of upgrading mattresses and hope to have that problem alleviated soon. I hope you give us another opportunity to serve your lodging needs when you visit Fredericksburg. Thank you.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

These Rooms flat out suck, you get what you pay for though. Fat chick at front desk is lazy, rude and is lucky to be employed by this $h¡t hole. Save your $$ you're better off going somewhere else. Most definitely will not be staying at an econo Lodge again.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Mr. Sick77 in Portland OR: As GM of this Econo Lodge, I am sorry that you had such a terrible time during your recent stay. Our team seeks to give a positive experience to each of our guests. Even though your comments are not the norm, I will be addressing the issues you mentioned with my staff members.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Great location -close enough to town but not close to heavy traffic
The queen beds are quite comfortable and clean.

German pastries were a nice surprise and delicious!

Staff made us feel very welcomed and chatted with us like we were family.

• Stayed: February 2014

Thank you for posting positive comments regarding your stay at Fredericksburg Econo Lodge. In keeping with the friendliness of the Texas Hill Country, all of the staff like to visit and interact with our guests. We hope you return soon.