“Great Location, Great Staff”
Review of Sunday House Inn

Sunday House Inn
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Nacogdoches, Texas
“Great Location, Great Staff”
Reviewed 24 March 2011

I loved this place! I will start with the beginning of the stay and work up to checkout:

First off, this place is in a perfect location with a super affordable price! Just a few steps away from downtown on Main St.

We showed up thirty minutes before check-in, but they told us that they just completed cleaning and gave us our keys. While we settled in I received an email with directions to where I was supposed to be that evening. I could not open the attachment on my phone, I went to the front desk to see if there was a public computer i could use, but there was not. The front desk was so nice they let me forward my email to them and use their front desk computers. Low and behold the attachment was bad and would not open their either, but they worked diligently to find directions and find somebody who could help me out.

So the next day when we had to check out we overslept by almost an hour due to the shenanigans that took place the night before. I went to the front desk and they were so kind and said it was no problem. I had to add that we had to go pick our car up from the wedding location--again--no problem. They said we could leave our stuff in the room while we went to pick up the car or if we wanted to go wander around downtown we could just leave our luggage in the lobby--we decided on option b. So after an hour and half after grabbing some lunch and looking around at all of the beautiful landmarks we make it back to get our stuff. I walk in apologizing as they look at me like I am crazy for even being apologetic saying "Hey, it was just sitting there--no bother to us." I almost felt like I was taking advantage of them, but they are just that friendly!

I am sure there are many nice places to stay in Fredericksburg, but this is going to be the place I will be staying whenever I visit the Hill Country!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 17 March 2011

We booked the room at the last minute for a Spring Break trip to Enchanted Rock with the kids. The better hotels were already booked so we decided to give this one a try. Although the people were very nice, even dropping by flowers once we arrived, the room really creaped me out. Very low popcorn ceilings, moldy shower, lumpy bed, no pictures on walls, early 80's decor, miniature toilet. I didn't even want to sit on the bedspread and had a hard time sleeping. On the bright side, the location is perfect. Right on Main Street near all the restaurants and the Nimitz museum.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Magnolia, Texas
Reviewed 13 March 2011

great location & nice people but hotel and rooms are old. Beds & pillows are hard. Nice to walk from hotel to shopping and eats. Hotel had flowers in room with nice welcome note. Hotel needs to be updated.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Albuquerque
Reviewed 7 March 2011

Judy Schorr did a wonderul and caring job for the Young Aty Hearf Gospel Choir. We have stayed at the Sunday House twice now and will indeed stay with then again when we return to TX for a tour. Judy went over and beyond to help provide what I needed for these older people. Also connected me with the Sunday House & Inn in Kerriville, TX where we also stayed for one night,
Good Job Judy and Michael.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Katy, Texas
Reviewed 5 March 2011

What a wonderful place. Everytime I visit Fredericksburg I stay here. Even though they don't provide specific services for disabled persons, they go above and beyond. My mom was completely bed bound and we found it so easy to get her wheel chair in and around the big room and parking lot. Staff is personal and so friendly. Older rooms but very clean! Close to everything.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
Volente, Texas
Reviewed 22 February 2011

To celebrate my 50th birthday I asked 11 girlfriends to join me for a celebration in Fredericksburg. Judy, the sales director, was very acccommodating giving us three rooms together. The rooms were clean and spacious. They set out small vases of flowers in each of the rooms. Additionally, they put up a birthday banner in my room and had a cake waiting for me in the refridgerator. The staff at Sunday House Inn and Suites made my 50th very special.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 21 February 2011

The Sunday House is consistent with the charm of Fredricksburg: a bit old, rather quaint, and very welcoming. The people who run the hotel truly make you feel like guests, not customers.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple