“Sunday House Surprise”

Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Jones Creek,TX.
“Sunday House Surprise”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

The Sunday House in Fredericksburg is my favorite place to stay in this fun town. Made my reservation as usual. When we arrived, we were greeted by Judy....very nice, also as usual. Judy had a special chair put in our room since my husband has a bad back. The chair was already in our room when we checked in. This was done without a request from me. That's very thoughtful and much appreciated. The surprise, I spoke of in the title, was cupcakes. Judy gave us four delicious red velvet cupcakes. How sweet is that? We also got a vase of beautiful flowers and a small sack of hard candy.

The rooms in the back portion of the motel have been totally renovated and the rooms in the front are now being renovated. There was a lot of construction going on but was not a problem for the guests at the motel. The workers were friendly and respectful. Now you see why we love the Sunday House in Fredericksburg.

I must mention Seth who helped us with the TV. We found out by talking to him that he is actually from our part of the state. It's a small world when you think about it. All of the employees are friendly and always willing to help. Try the Sunday House....I'll bet you like it like we do.

Room Tip: We vacillate between Rm 110 for its size.. larger than some of the regular rooms. Sometimes we like...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Gallatin, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2013

First time here..stayed in a king room in the back..it had been renovated, nice and clean, new furnishings and sweet bag of candy left for me with my name on it. Little personal touches like that are appreciated. Fairly friendly staff, just business as usual. Location was excellent! Breakfast was nice. Will definitely be back when we can stay much longer!!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the ground floor...the steps to second floor are exhausting after walking aroun...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 30 July 2013

When making reservations online, advised only suites were available; however, traveling companion called immediately afterward & reserved a single room at of course lower cost. Rooms were clean & both rooms were equipped w/microwave & refrigerator. Suite 2 queen beds & sitting area w/second tv & fold out couch/bed so could sleep up to 6. Lots of Chairs & tables were positioned outside the room (guess for smoking) since all the rooms were non-smoking).Currently undergoing renovation. I think our room had been renovated as all furnishing & bed linens looked new. Extra pillows were provided besides the 2 on each bed. Located on one end of main street so easy walk to alot of the shops. We were given rooms in 2 different buildings-we later found there were empty rooms next to our assigned room so not sure why we weren't housed closer to each other. Rooms pretty soundproof since hotel on main street w/lots of traffic.

Room Tip: ask for a room already renovated
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Houston TX
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I would like to take a moment to say I sent my parents to Fredricksberg for the weekend for their 50th wedding Anniversary. Judy, the onsite manager went above and beyond. I wanted this to be special. She put a banner up, put fresh flowers in the room, a bag of candies and iced down sparking grape juice with wine glassing. My parents felt very special. She also put a table outside the door that had their names on it. WOW this is the best service ever. You will not be let down.

Room Tip: My parents really enjoyed having a nice view of the pool.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ronda Z
Plano TX
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We were not disappointed. It was a great location. We were there in middle of renovations so taken into consideration, it was just fine. Rooms were big and nice upgrade. Breakfast was filling. One block from downtown and a quick 10 minutes to east is Wild Flower Seed place and Trade days.

Room Tip: I think anywhere is fine for a room. Back half of hotel may be quieter but harder to park.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jimlenox
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

These people are the BEST!! They remember me when I call for reservations! They are so sweet and friendly. We stay here at least once a year and sometimes twice. You can walk to all the shopping, dining, music, art galleries and museums. It has been recently renovated and the rooms are luxurious with plenty of plugs for all my electronics.

• Stayed April 2013
Hamilton, Texas, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We stay at the Fredericksburg Sunday House at least once a year. Just recently stayed for three nights in the suites. The renovated rooms are very nice and comfortable-especially the beds. It is nice to walk in and see the vase of flowers, "goody bag" ,brochures and maps,really makes you feel welcomed. The staff are always very friendly and helpful. The new fire pit area and decorative gas lamps are really nice, even though it was July we still sit out beside the pit and enjoyed visiting. The ladies that serve the continental breakfast always put a smile on my face! We love the location, only a block from all the shopping and restaurants. Definitely a great place to stay!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family