“Best hotel in Fredericksburg!!”
Review of Sunday House Inn

Sunday House Inn
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 4 June 2010

The sunday house inn was EXCELLENT! best hotel I've stayed in in a long time. The Staff was so friendly and nice. The rooms where nice and clean and the beds were very soft and comfy. I'd recommend anyone to stay at the Sunday House Inn while in the Fredericksburg area.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 2 June 2010

I'm from the Fredericksburg area and after going around to 5-area hotels trying to get a good rate for a reunion I ended up at the Sunday House. It was such a welcome difference than the reception I had rec'd at other local hotels. Not one of them was really willing to work w/ me on getting a good rate. Having a large group coming from all over the US I wanted to keep hotel costs down as much as possible. Most of the attitudes I rec' d were we really don't need to give you a good rate, we can fill our hotels anyway. I knew it would be difficult as this was for Memorial Weekend. I had started in Sept 09 looking for the hotel for Memorial Weekend 2010. When I walked into Sunday House and explained how difficult a time I was having, Judy the sales manager right away said, "Honey, we'll get you taken care of before you leave here today!" She meant it, she gave us a great rate and gave us the hospitality room complimentary. She was so friendly and easy to work with. I was in touch w/ her over the next few months and we just had our reunion w/ 43 people attending. Not only did she give us the hospitality room at no charge, she stocked it w/ snacks! She had made a sign and hung on the wall welcoming our group, bought a cake, fruit tray, veggie tray and two meat, cheese, and cracker trays. I had no idea she was going to do that. On top of that, vases of fresh flowers in the rooms, personalized welcome packets for all and candy in personalized cups. The attention to detail was amazing and much appreciated. The staff in general were very friendly and willing to do whatever right away. I will definitely recommend Sunday House to everyone. It's an older hotel, but it doesn't have a smell in the rooms, they are clean. It has a charm about it and the location is great, walking distance to most places. I left with a great feeling about this place. You can tell they want repeat business.

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed 31 May 2010

I am the travel coordinator for my car club. We travel to various events each year, usually with a group of at least 20 couples. Of all the facilities I have ever dealt with, this is the easiest, most professional experience I have ever had. The facility is convenient, of good quality, and my people all like it. Ms. Judy Schorr handles my business, and I wish all my facilities had a Judy-

Gary Cox
Lone Star Street Rod Assn.

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed 31 May 2010

service was great! judy was very helpfull and informative . the rooms were nice and very clean . the pool grounds were very well maintained . location was walking distance to shopping on main street . we will be staying their again . we would recommend suday house inn and suites to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 May 2010

This hotel was simple and clean. We had a nice stay. Located on the main street so very close to shops and restaurants! Breakfast was full of choices from yogurt, bagels, cereal, danishes, waffles, fruit and juice. Were not able to try the pool since the weather wasn't warm enough at the time. Only complaint: doors are on the outside and I feel safer when doors are on the inside of the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2010

Spent 4 nights and 5 days riding motorcycles with a group of 17 in the hill country. Sunday House was a great stageing area for us with plenty of parking and confortable, clean, affordable rooms. For us Chrome riders they even provided us with special towels to clean our bikes after a long day of riding. The people are frendly and will bend over backwards to assist with anything. Contanental Breakfast were great, and coffee was always hot. Thanks to Ms. Judy for taking care of us. We will see her again soon.

• Stayed: April 2010
Reviewed 22 March 2010

I just returned from a 3 day school trip- 1,047 miles round trip. Austin was booked for the annual SXSW music fiesta I took 13 people, parents and students and based out of the Sunday House for the trip. My contact with the hotel assisted me by phone and e-mail to arrange everything to public school budget, tax exemption, and billable total for a pre-pay to the event All in a 3-4 day window of preparation.
I paid close attention to the reviews, am familiar with the property, and with Fredericksburg.
Folks, the bad reviews were nothing like the reality. The hotel was spring break full. We pulled in and were out of the office, with everyyhing completed in 10 minutes. Judy, the reservations clerk who worked wit us had all the rooms prepped with gift bags for the 10 year olds and their parents. All the rooms were filled with personalized treats. The staff had gone out of their way to make welcome. Even the owners got involved with making sure the pricing was school friendly
Kudos to Staff- stay here assurance that Sunday House will take care of you.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business