“Great location, super friendly owner, good atmosphere.”
Review of Full Moon Inn

Full Moon Inn
Ranked #15 of 80 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
San Antonio, Texas
“Great location, super friendly owner, good atmosphere.”
Reviewed 14 February 2011

This was my first time staying at a Bed & Breakfast and I have to say that I really enjoyed it. It's not what I was expecting, it was way better. Capt Matt is extremely friendly and gave some great suggestions for shopping and dining. The Full Moon Inn B&B was just far enough away from Fredericksburg so that you get that peaceful country feel, yet close enough that you don't have to drive all day just to get into town. The property and amenities were great, I'd like to go back during the warmer months so that I could enjoy the outdoors a little more in the evenings (sit on one of the rocking chairs on the porch, hang out by the river).
Since this is a B&B, I must talk about the breakfast. It was delicious! I've never had sweet potato pancakes, nor have I ever had eggs Lukenbach. Both were great! The ONLY thing that I would have liked better about the breakfast is if we had actual orange juice, rather than Sunny Delight.
Overall, I had a great experience and I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone and everyone.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Midland, Texas
Reviewed 10 February 2011

The Full Moon Inn B&B is our home away from home when my husband and I travel to the Texas Hill Country. My husband and I travel frequently to Fredericksburg and Luckenbach and we always book the Peach Room at the Full Moon Inn. The Peach Room is cozy and toasty warm in the winter and nice and cool in the heat and humidity of summer. We absolutely love sleeping in the bed in the Peach Room. We have stayed in many hotels and motels during our travels across the U.S., but we have never slept in a bed as comfortable as the one in the Peach Room. We enjoy the privacy that Capt. Matthew Carinhas, the owner, gives us, but we have also enjoyed the lively and interesting conversations we have had with him over the years. Capt. Matt, as I like to call him, has gone over and above for us many times. We booked our 25th wedding anniversary party at the Full Moon and he graciously and enthusiastically fed and saw to the comfort of 50 of our guests. He also sent a local mechanic to our rescue when our motorcycle broke down about 60 miles from Fredericksburg. If you're looking for peace and quiet, the Full Moon offers plenty of that. If you're looking for live music and fun, the Luckenbach Dance Hall is 1/2 mile away and Fredericksburg is about 10 miles away. Capt. Matt makes a delicious breakfast and he serves some of the best coffee in the Hill Country. If you are looking for a beautiful, comfortable, convenient B&B at a reasonable price, the Full Moon Inn is the place for you. The Full Moon Inn is pet friendly, motorcycle rider and classic car enthusiast friendly too.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 7 February 2011

We love the Full Moon Inn! My husband and I stayed there for our honeymoon in 2004, and we have returned twice since then . . . Captain Matt is a wonderful host, and he really makes you feel at home. We always stay in either the Coral Room or Cypress Room - they are very romantic and relaxing. I like how the rooms and suites are separate from the main area. The scenery is beautiful - very quiet and peaceful. NO there is NOT a television in your room - and it's wondeful that way! If you are looking for a nice place to get AWAY for a few days - the Full Moon Inn is great!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed 15 January 2011

arrived on christmas day and was immediately taken care of. we picked this b&b because they take pets. it's an extra $25 per day, but worth it not to have to board our dog. room was exactly as pictured and very comfortable. please note, there isn't a tv in the room so if that matters to you, look elsewhere. we didn't miss it at all. breakfast was delicious and our host, matt knows his way around a kitchen and being an innkeeper. we definitely plan on returning.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 12 January 2011

Loved our weekend away at the Full Moon Inn. We stayed in the Grape Suite and loved it! The king size bed is very comfortable, the private bath has a bathtub/shower combo, and it was very nice to have a kitchen with a full size refrigerator for drinks and food. Breakfasts were filling and very tasty! The porch looked out to the front of the property and was a great place to sit and read during the day. The restaurant on site was good for dinner the first night and enjoyed the recommendations for places to visit that Matthew provided for trip into town on Saturday. Will be back and have recommended the Full Moon to our family. Lovely and quite for a perfect relaxing weekend.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Spring, Texas
Reviewed 17 November 2010

Five minutes from Luckenbach General Store & Dance Hall and 20 minutes from Fredericksburg. Great, relaxing B&B. A couple of black labs roam the grounds in search of attention (they got plenty from us!). Excellent breakfast prepared by Captain Matt -- who is very friendly but not intrusive. My wife and I stayed in the Grape Suite which was very roomy and had a large porch -- perfect for coffee in the morning and a long neck (or two) in the evening. Outside you can faintly hear the band playing down the road in Luckenbach but quiet inside and the bed was very good. Easy access to Fredericksburg, Enchanted Rock, old RR bat tunnel, etc. Good food and live music on the weekends at Willie's Steakhouse. We've stayed at B&Bs in Fredericksburg many times but like the fact that this one is out of town. We will definitely return soon.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 25 October 2010

Our Host, Capt Matt, was charming and very accommodating. My husband and I enjoyed every moment of our stay. We checked in on Thursday night and left Sunday morning. The breakfast served and cooked by Capt Matt was delicious. The food, service and entertainment at the restaurant was incredible. We will definitely be returning again and again. This B&B is located across the farm market road from Luckenbach Texas (very close) and just outside of Fredericksburg Texas. Lots of shopping and great restaurants and nightly entertainment. Capt Matt has all the information you need while visiting the area. Great motorcycle riding! Thanks! Capt Matt for a wonderful experience. Marilyn L.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple