We checked in, went to our room and started looking for another place to stay. The bed looked like it came from a dumpster. The pillows had marks on them where people drooled. There was mold and mildew on the bathroom walls. Bugs on the carpets. The lobby where breakfast is supposed to be served had the box of Corn Flakes sitting on the back counter open and next to a huge pile of old newspapers. We left our dogs in the room for a short period of time while we looked for a new place to stay. Some Fishermen told us they cried the whole time that we were gone. They didn't like the hotel either. We went down Highway 288 about 5 miles away and found a Holiday Inn, a Hampton Inn and best of all a LaQuinta Inn. The LaQuinta Inn charged the same but did not charge for the dogs as the Country Hearth had. It was cleaner also. I would not even recommend the Country Hearth to my worst enemy. Trust me when I say, you do not want to stay there. Go somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cambridge Inn and Suites Freeport offers guests an outdoor pool, free Continental breakfast served from 5:30 am to 9 am, free high-speed wireless Internet access, business center, fax/copy service, free parking with room for large vehicles and small pets are accepted with additional charges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Cambridge Inn and Suites Freeport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cambridge Inn And Suites Freeport Hotel Freeport
- Cambridge Inn And Suites Freeport Texas