“Good family restaurant”

Good for: Child-friendly
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Good family restaurant”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We had a large group (~14 people, including several kids) and came in about half an hour before closing. The menu was extensive, everyone in our group found something to love. The wait staff was accommodating even though we came in so late, and the food was very good. The hush puppies are great!

We had a little difficulty finding a good family restaurant in the Surfside area. Lots of bars with smokers, but not places we felt comfortable taking the kids. This restaurant filled the bill and we all left full and happy!

• Visited July 2014

Freeport, Texas
“Love this place”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Food is very fresh - I call it Asian Cajun - it can have a bite to it but it has an Asian flavor with the grilled veggies. Shrimp are big and fresh. Scallops (maybe 45 sec more cooking for the big ones....) big and fresh. Veggies Fresh. Tea Fresh. Everything's fresh and I like that it's not all fried. They have a nice grill menu and the grilled shrimp / grilled scallops - well, you just can't go wrong.

Visited June 2014
Houston, Texas
“Great Service”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

April 16, 2014

First time visiting Baytown Seafood and it was awesome!!

We were greeted and seated right as we walked in the door. The waitresses were cheerful and pleasant and made sure we had everything we needed.

We started out with a bowl of Chicken Gumbo & Fried Pickles. The Gumbo was very tasty and the Fried Pickles were the best I have ever had. Coleslaw came with our meal and just needed a bit more dressing. The Shrimp & Fries were delicious! The Shrimp had a nice light batter so you could still taste the Shrimp.

The price & quality is much better here then else where in the area. We will definitely be going back when we are in Freeport :)

• Visited April 2014
Mikeivan
“Consistently excellent”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I visit Freeport/Quintana frequently in April and May to watch and photograph migrating warblers and other birds. Whenever my wife accompanies me, she insists on lunch at Baytown Seafood in Freeport. This place has grilled red snapper that compares favorably to the best restaurants we visit in Houston. Always FRESH, perfectly seasoned and grilled, never overcooked, and served hot, right off of the grill with lightly grilled onions and yellow and green squash, topped with three grilled shrimp. Served with a small green salad and dirty rice for $13.95! The service is friendly and efficient, the management is always around and involved. We try to avoid the lunch hour because the place can be crowded, but this is our "go to" restaurant on the Upper Texas Coast. I seldom order anything other than the snapper but the fried shrimp and scallop plate was excellent when I tried it last spring. I hope to return for snapper in a week or two.

• Visited April 2014
Swansea, Illinois
“Surprise! Good food and service. Great value too.”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Happened past this place in Freeport and decided to roll the dice. To my surprise the service was great, the food very good, and the price right.

I had the daily special (catfish) with fries and it was well cooked and tasty. Light breading and good flavor made the meal enjoyable.

I was also pleased with the price.

Good sweet tea too.