“Great and Relaxing”

Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Frisco
Sherman, Texas
“Great and Relaxing”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The ALoft hotel in Frisco, TX is a great place to stay, have fun and relax. A must stay hotel and the quality of service is good, too! The bar area and night time at the pool side is very relaxing. Employees and management are very friendly, helpful and care about your stay. Daphne and Haley are A1.....

DC

Room Tip: Entertain the bar area and pool side at night.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Aloft-Frisco-GM, Front Office Manager at Aloft Frisco, responded to this review, 26 April 2013
Thank you for your response I want to know that it is greatly appreciated.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Lubbock, Texas, United States
Reviewed 29 March 2013

My perspective is from a business traveller's perspective, so what is important for you as a leisure traveler, may not be the same. For me to give any hotel an above average rating...well they must have something that makes them worth staying at rather than another place around the corner. And when you're talking about other places in this area of Frisco, there are MANY other places, literally around the corner.

The "hook" for Aloft seems to be a "kinder and gentler" (read, cheaper) version of a W Hotel. You get all the Hip without all the price. On this point, they hit the mark. This is certainly a Hip hotel. I've stayed at many W Hotels and they certainly hit that mark a bit better than Aloft, but at twice the price. I like W's and have always been comfortable at them, but for some odd reason this Aloft did not hit all the same buttons for me. I'm not saying that I'm not Hip, but it just never felt comfortable to me at this hotel. Not in the sense that the beds were not comfortable etc, but it had more to do with the feel of the hotel. Maybe it's because even though it's Hip, it loses the Chic that you get at a W because the Aloft just has a cheapness about it. For me, it is hard to get the Chic without the quality, and the Aloft just does not have that quality feel to it. Nothing was wrong with my stay, mind you, the staff was polite, the room was clean, but you could just tell, although it looks cool, it's still a Fairfield caliber hotel. Maybe my expectations were too high.

I don't want to knock this Hotel for being what it is. It is a mid-range Hip hotel, that fits that niche of "something different." If that's what you're looking for, the Aloft might work for you. But for me, I can get a certain amount of Hip from Hilton's Home 2, or I can get comfort from Homewood, or I can get consistency from Courtyard, and they do all of those things for me better than the Aloft; thus an average rating. Again, my perspective as a frequent business traveller. Your milage may vary.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tod H
PatrickH928, Front Office Manager at Aloft Frisco, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Thank you for your feedback. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Have a wonderful day!!
Kerrville, Texas, USA
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Stayed here while in town for a wedding. The front desk staff was very friendly and so was the bartender. When the bartender learned we were from out of town and unfamiliar with the area, she told us we needed to have an alternate route back through Dallas since there was going to a St. Patrick's Day parade Saturday morning. We were vary grateful for that info as we loathe big city traffic. The room was clean, beds were comfortable, air conditioner was more than sufficient. The only thing I saw that was a little questionable was the hallway was pretty beat up. Not sure what happened, but it looked like someone took the luggage cart and scraped it up and down the hall on both sides. No problem for us since the room was perfect but if someone is about all outward appearances, they won't like the fourth floor. They also have free Wi-Fi and are dog friendly. Even have a water dish and some treats ready when their four legged guests arrive.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Aloft-Frisco-GM, Front Office Manager at Aloft Frisco, responded to this review, 29 March 2013
Thank you for your feedback. It is always wonderful to know that our guest have enjoyed their experience here at the Aloft. I hope that the next time you this way you will stay with us again.

Again, thank you and have an eezy breezy day!!!!
Chennai
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Discovered this hotel by a chance in one of the travel portals. This should be my choice whenever am in Frisco next. The room was very comfortable, had adequate space , thoughtfully designed lighting and it had the modern look.Sure, the breakfast is bit overpriced, but there are penty of choices to eat if you are willing to step out of the hotel and drive for few minutes. One of the best malls of the Dallas area is very close to the hotel.
Excellent value for money ! Felt relaed and happy staying in this hotel !

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback. I want you to know that I always appreciate comments from our guest. This keeps us on our toes and making sure we continue to provide A+ service.

Again, thank you for stayin with us and have a wonderful day!!
Huntsville, Texas
Reviewed 17 March 2013

We recently stayed at the Aloft Frisco after booking a last minute deal on Priceline. What a hidden gem in Frisco, TX! The modern décor, great service, and clean rooms make this hotel a "must consider" in your travel plans. It is located next to Dr. Pepper Park and close to all the local attractions. The rooms have an "uptown" feel, with walk in showers, flat screen TV's, and comfortable beds. The only negative would be the lack of a complimentary breakfast. If your travel plans take you to Frisco area, I would definitely recommend the Aloft Hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Aloft-Frisco-GM, Front Office Manager at Aloft Frisco, responded to this review, 20 March 2013
Thank You so much for your comments! I truly hope that you have to opportunity to visit with us again.
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Located in a wonderful location with many good restaurants in walking distance. Walking distance to a main mall with any store you are looking for. The hotel offers good rooms, european style, clean, modern. Breakfast is not included and the "fast food kind of service" breakfast offered is way over priced and quality just below average. Starbucks around the corner ... much better. Rooms would like some work but overall very good. Little problems here and there but I've seen much worst than this

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your feedback. I want you to know that all comments are appreciated and your observations have been noted. I hope that you will have the opportunity to visit with us again in the future.
Allen, Texas
Reviewed 14 March 2013

My sister and I stayed here for a "girls night out the house". I expected more luxury for the price, but you can't beat a modern themed place!

Upon arrival, the staff were all young, and surprisingly quite informative and courteous for the most part. I like that I didn't feel as though I walked into one of the uptown hotels, yet the entire theme of the place makes it feel new, young and chic. Check in was a breeze - paid the required deposits and proceeded to our room.

The toilet was broken (the staff fixed it while we were gone to dinner). The furnishings - although they have a modern and pretty theme, were cheap and "chinchy" (not really constructed that well)
The beds were a little hard - duvet covers were AMAZING though.

The bar/lounge area would probably be the main reason I'd visit this place again. The bartender was fantastic, and sociable. Me being a lover of style and chicness, immediately grew to adore the entire concept of "modern-party-congregate" theme that the lounge was going for. The electric fireplace, the large HD televisions, and booth seating were all complimentary to the modern feel of the entire hotel.

The location is great! I'm a resident of Allen (which is the city next to Frisco) so I'm pretty familiar with the overall area. The location of the Hotel is walking distance to shops and great restaurants.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for feedback! I'm glad that we were able to accomodater you and your sister for a girls night out! I want you to know that all your observations have been addressed.

I hope you will visit with us again