“Enjoyable, Restful”
Review of Aloft Frisco

Aloft Frisco
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Frisco
Reviewed 11 October 2010

I just returned from a business trip in Frisco where the company I was with prebooked me at the ALoft. While the first impression might suggests "modernity simply for the sake of being modern", what I came to value by the end of my stay was the fact the modern flair truly existed to promote functionality to the utmost. I liked that immensely.

For example, an avid reader, I noticed immediately there were no bedside lamps but there were push buttons for light above the bed that were great for night time reading. In addition, the head board was nothing to write home about but was very comfortable to lean back and rest on and again, accomodating for a good read. I liked that there was no extra paper work, flyers, brochures lying around the room to continually dispose of in order to "move in". Instead, there were mostly clean, bare surfaces with only the essentials. Simplicity for a purpose.

And to top it off, I found the bed to be the most comfortable I've slept on in many many months - far more comfortable than most of the pricey hotels and B&Bs I've frequented. And while I wasn't paying for the room, I do know it was extremely affordable for all it delivered.

Additional likes: Clean. Many fine restaurants and shops in immediate area. Free hotel shuttle available to deliver me or pick me up at any of those out of walking range. William, my shuttle driver, was very accomodating, friendly and professional, as was the whole staff. The room's tall ceilings made it feel more roomy. Dressing area well lit. Small ironing board and iron tucked away neatly.

Dislikes: Air conditioner had no continuous "Fan" option -- had to sleep with earplugs in order for the perpetual on/off again noise not to wake me. No full length mirror. Room on first floor faced the parking lot with many bright nightlights that shone through the blind borders casting an early morning lighting effect -- slept with night mask. Shower only, with no bath, and shower door wouldn't close well. Towels were pretty stiff and rough. Entry door to the hallway on first floor would close with a loud clanging sound each time it was opened but once in my room I didn't notice much (thanks to the earplugs).

Even so, in actuality the pros far outweighed the cons. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will look forward to staying there again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank morrowsmailbox
Aloft-Frisco-GM, Manager at Aloft Frisco, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

We are delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us. We are very proud of our property and it's unique design. I hope that we will get the opportunity to welcome you back soon. Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Reviewed 10 September 2010

I stay at this hotel every month for the past year. The staff is great and really take the time to get to know you personally. The rooms are very functional (not the biggest). I would recommend anyone coming into the Frisco area to stay at this place!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business

We really do enjoy getting to know our guests and making them feel like part of the family. I appreciate you taking the time to comment on your home away from home. We will see you soon!

Reviewed 14 August 2010

I will stay again! Close to everything. Good price! Fun n funky!!

Thank you for the comments, and I am glad that you enjoyed your time here. We hope to see you again when you return to the area.

Reviewed 27 July 2010

This hotel is a winner as far as bed comfort, stylishness, and communal areas. It employs a funky modern design that is also reasonably functional. The staff, including the bar staff, were engaged and helpful. The beds, wireless and other fixtures were interesting and functional. The only exception was the shower door; there was no way to hold it closed completely, and any shower drenched the floor outside. Could be just the one room though, and not a design flaw.

Booking a return trip to Dallas, my colleagues voted no to this hotel only because they say the A/C runs continuously and kept them awake -- something I didn't notice at all. My only no vote concerned the closet, or rather lack thereof. I realize they were going for more of a boutique look, but as someone who does not travel light, I prefer a real, honest to god closet, as well as a place to stash my suitcase.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business

Thank you for taking time to post your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay here at the Aloft Frisco. Since your stay there have been updates to some of the A/C units and thermostats, that may have been causing a problem for your co-workers. I am sad to hear that we weren't able to accommodate your return trip, but I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. Again, thank you for bring this to our attention.

Reviewed 28 June 2010

This was my first time to stay at an Aloft. It was different, but I would definetly stay there again. I do like to have an ice bucket in my room. All we had to do was ask for ice at the desk. We put it in our fridge and still had ice the next morning. The bathroom is very spacious. The beds were very comfortable. The rooms were clean. I have no complaints on the room.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends

We are happy to know that you enjoyed your time here at the Aloft Frisco. Thank you for taking the time to comment and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2010

Great stay!! Will return for sure! Nice clean and an amazing staff! Nothing I disliked about Aloft Frisco! I would recommend to families! Details were great. Adult extras plus family style non-electronic games in the very comfortable lobby. Like playing in your home den. Staff was so kind, rooms and hotel very nice! Thank you Aloft for giving us what we paid for plus, that's rare these days!

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We love to have our guests make use of our board games and lounge areas. Thank you for taking the time to post your positive comments and we hope you to see you again when you visit Frisco.

Reviewed 3 May 2010

"Ultra-Modern", "Minimalistic"? How about concrete box with a few decorations and a snotty staff. When you come in lugging your shopping bounty and the key card doesn't work you call the front desk. Expecting to get one of the idle desk staff to bring you a key is too much. Sure I can haul my bags back down the hall and down the elevator. Yes I'm sure it was my fault the key doesn't work. Who doesn't enjoy a brow beating by a spikey haired 20 year old.
This hotel is as "Plastic" as the whole town of Frisco. If you like 1980s Saabs you'll love this place.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank beanbag12

I have reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all feedback that helps us improve our service. I do apologize that your experience was not up to our standard. We share all comments with our staff so that we can resolve any and all issues. Again, thank you for your feedback.