“Great staff and accommodations”

Wingate by Wyndham Frisco
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Frisco
Frisco
“Great staff and accommodations”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Wingate was a wonderful blessing for us as we were waiting to move in to our new home. Rooms were clean. Beds were great and you couldn't ask for better staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Frisco
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Hotel and rooms were clean and very spacious. We prefer a very firm bed so we did not find the one we had comfortable to us, I know we are tempurpedic snobs though . Nice to have breakfast offered and it was ok. Be sure to get exact directions from hotel before arriving. GPS had us all over the place.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We had a very bad experience today when checking out from the Wingate in Frisco.  We asked the hotel front desk about our options for checking out early on Saturday because we were playing in a tournament that could last till Sunday and if we lost our Saturday morning game we would check out to avoid having to pay for another day.  We were told as long as we called them by noon on Saturday they would allow us to check out Saturday without having to pay for another night.

I called the hotel at 11:43 AM, per my cell phone log, letting them know we were going to check out today.  I asked for a late check out for 1 PM and Harvard Pak, working the front desk, stated he cannot allow a 1 PM late check out but would allow me to check out by 12:15 - 12:20.  We arrived at Wingate at 12:00 PM grabbed our bags and headed to front desk to check out.  When I arrived at the front desk other parents from our team were already there trying to check out but were being told it is past 12:00. They, including "manager" David Pak, charged me and others another day. We did everything we were told to avoid having to pay another day but were charged anyway.  If we knew we had to check out before leaving for our game we would have done so.

The front desk person and manager were extremely rude and would not honor their word previously made to me and others on our team.

I did not want to continue to argue with them told them to charge me so I can check out and leave. My wife and I are Wyndham owners and have Wyndham rewards account which allows to check out late 1PM AND later which had always been honored in the past.  This is the first hotel which did not allow us a late check out.  This is another example of these individuals acting in a scrupulous manner just to make a few dollars not just from me but others as well.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank gmart44
Ogden, Utah
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I have traditionally enjoyed Wyndham hotels on many occasions so I figured Wingate should be a value alternative. I was deeply disappointed from the time of arrival at the lack of friendliness, care, or attention I am used to receiving at any hotel. It was after 2 PM and even though check-in is advertised as after 3 PM most hotels will have your room ready. Our room wasn't so we left and drove around for 30-40 minutes. The temperature was 99 outside so one would assume housekeeping knew we were waiting so why not turn on the air. The room was about 80+ degrees with the air turned off and took over 40 minutes to get to a comfortable range. The HBO channels were not listed anywhere and the guide in the room materials was 2 months behind. The next morning as we got ready to shower we noticed that there was used soap in the shower and the shower walls, and the shower head were dirty. Wanting to get clean before breakfast we decided to take a chance without complaint. After showering we begin to notice more items that are left unclean (bathroom vent looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months and the mirror wiped with a dirty rag if at all). Breakfast was below average and the "cheapness" of using a jug of syrup, instead of packages, and the generic Styrofoam cups made this more like a Motel 6 than a $100 a night hotel. I would drive an extra 30 minutes to stay somewhere next time than use this hotel. The real kicker was when turning in our room keys - the counter help never even looked up or asked how the stay was but just handed us the receipt and said have a nice day.

Room Tip: Check your room before settling in