“Lovely hotel”

The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Frisco
Reviewed 14 August 2013

The pool!! It is amazing! Absolutely the most amazing non-resort pool we've ever seen. The beautiful lagoon pool has a water slide & spa and is surrounded by Bocce ball, a fuzzball table, a putting green & food and drinks. Simply paradise.

Customer service is wonderful and friendly. The beds are very comfortable and the showers are fantastic. The decor is contemporary & the rooms are large and clean. The workout area is very well equipped.

The room however, could have been cooler. Under the heavy covers of the bed, we all did sweat a bit. It seems that the a/c in the rooms is not able to go below a certain temperature & we couldn't get the room quite as cool as we would have liked for sleeping. As well, the temperature in the workout area could have been set a little cooler.

The hotel lists 4 dining options, however both the Aqua Grill and Peter's Cafe have very limited hours. Both of these dining options were closed more than they were open during our stay. But The Legacy Grill and Ernie's Bar appeared to be open most of the time.

The food varied from okay to fantastic. Breakfast was delicious!

Room Tip: View of a distance cityscape and the hotel's parking lot from the front of the hotel. Views of...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
hospitalityiskey, Front Office Manager at The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Hello ShariKT –

It sounds like you really enjoyed your stay and especially our poolside amenities. Thank you for your positive comments about our customer service and the cleanliness of our rooms. I sincerely apologize for the room temperature in the workout room and in your room. We did have a particularly hot weekend with outside temperatures exceeding 110 degrees and as a result we have adjusted the temperature in the workout room accordingly. I have shared your feedback with our engineering team.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

Just returned from a long relaxing weekend at the Westin in Frisco. Big comfortable clean rooms, fantastic Bar...good staff. Loved the pool...needs more shade.

My only negative was the first morning, while sitting down to have breakfast. The waiter, don't remember his name insisted that I have the buffet instead of ordering off the menu. He went on to explain the dramatic difference in price etc...while on vacation, the cost for breakfast wasn't my first concern and I don't mind spending $25-$30, this is common in New York. I hope management realizes their losing money...just so the waiter doesn't have to work too hard.

Overall good stay...

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
hospitalityiskey, Front Office Manager at The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Hello Harold H –

It’s great to hear that you experienced a comfortable and relaxing weekend. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the cleanliness of our rooms as well as Ernie’s Bar and our pool. Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your breakfast ordering experience on your first morning as it helps us to improve our service. I have shared your comments with our Director of Food and Beverage. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

Spent a night here. It was dead of winter so hotel was quiet. Staff was great. Room was nice but needed just a touch of updating. Location is excellent. Close to major roads, yet private setting. The parking lot is laid out nicely so not to over power the hotel entrance.

• Stayed: February 2013
hospitalityiskey, Front Office Manager at The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Hello freqtravtraveler –

Thank you very much for your visit and for the positive review of your experience. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

We love this resort and stay numerous times during the year. Their customer service is always over the top. From the moment you arrive at valet til the time you say "see you next time"! They are remodeling some of the rooms but the construction never bothered us. The pool is amazing and Kristen and Ashley always check on us to ensure we have everything we need. They have a great work out area as well. The Earnest bar has great food and drinks and they have an outside area that overlooks the pool and has nice sunset views . The bartender Michele has a fun personality and we always enjoy her company. We look forward to our next upcoming stay at Stonebriar Frisco Westin! See you soon!

• Stayed: July 2013

Hello rosecitysweethearts –

Thank you very much for staying with us again and for celebrating your anniversary with us. It is always a pleasure to hear from our loyal guests and I appreciate the time you took to write a positive review of our hotel and your experience. Thank you also for your great comments about Kristen, Ashley and Michelle. I will be sure to share these with them. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Every time you approach the entrance, someone opens the door for you. Every time you pass the front desk, a guest representative speaks to you. Bowls of fruit and newspaper are available in the lobby at all times. If you ask for another robe, it's in your room immediately. A lovely property with western theme interior design. Breakfast buffet is fabulous. Made-to-order crepes with berrries and cream; delicious scones and all types of sweet breads; toast, bagels, and spreads; steel cut oats with toppings; cereals; fresh melons and other fruit; hash browns; cheese assortment; yogurt; juices; in addition to menu items. Shuttle service to and from local businesses if you're there on business (ask about yours specifically). Nice rooms -- everything topnotch.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
hospitalityiskey, Front Office Manager at The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Hello BirdWatcher_108 –

Thank you for the wonderful review of your recent stay at the hotel. We always feel humbled when a guest does our job by effectively selling the property for us.

We can't wait to welcome you back.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I booked an overnight stay for my husband's birthday this past weekend. I had already heard (from friends) great reviews about this hotel, so I was expecting it to be a nice place. Sure enough, it met all my expectations, and more. From the second we entered, the staff was super helpful, and seemed like they actually cared, and not just wanted to earn a paycheck. Always calling me by name (even when I made a call to the front desk), they treated my husband and I with complete respect and made us feel special. I called in advance to see if I could do anything special for my husband's birthday, and they instantly upgraded our room to a golf course view, and had a complimentary bottle of champagne, along with a personal birthday card, waiting for us when we arrived. How perfect is that?! We spent the remainder of our afternoon at the pool relaxing, soaking up the gorgeous weather in the fantastic pool they have (my husband was like a kid on the slide!). I expected the drinks to be a little pricey - they were - but well worth it. The beds are super comfortable and clean, the TV was updated, and the bathroom was spotless. The only thing I regret is not getting to spend another day/night there. One night was not enough!

Room Tip: We had a golf course view on the 3rd floor, and it was very nice. But I wish we would have been on t...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello Ashley T –

I am thrilled to hear that you had a great time and that we were able to create a memorable experience for you and your husband. Thank you very much for celebrating your husband’s birthday at our property and for taking the time to write about your wonderful stay. Thank you also for your great comments about our staff and our rooms. We look forward to your next getaway.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

My wife and three kids, ages 9 to 17, arrive for our annual "Stacation" Friday afternoon, eat and drink poolside, rarely ever leaving the resort grounds until Sunday afternoon. If a pool side experience that finds the right balance of being fun and relaxing for both you and the kids is what you are looking for, check out the Westin Stonebriar and you will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
hospitalityiskey, Front Office Manager at The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Hello Craig B –

It sounds like we had everything you needed to enjoy a relaxing weekend away. Thank you for the wonderful review and I hope that you come back and visit us again soon.

Jean de Vogue

Also consider these accommodations in or near Frisco
Hilton Anatole
#10 of 17 in Frisco
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Frisco Hotel Convention Center & Spa
Sheraton Stonebriar Hotel
Hilton Dallas Plano Granite Park

Been to The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!