Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Frisco Hotel Convention Center & Spa
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Frisco
Reviewed 6 March 2012

This is your usual Embassy Suite hotel. The rooms are nice and the beds are comfy...love the pillows. Something I was not expecting, both the bathroom tissue and the facial tissue were so rough, I considered going somewhere to purchase a better brand to use during my stay. i know everyone is trying to save money, but you can find better tissue at an Airport!
I mean really.

My breakfast experence was not great either. I went down at about 10 am, well maybe I should have gone earlier. It was packed. I ended up sitting in the bar, because there were no seats in the dining area. If you want something hot, stand in the long line for an omlet. The pancakes were so tough I had to cut them with a knife, my fork would not go through them.

I can say that the service was great from the front desk to the valet.

Room Tip: Get a corner King suite.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 March 2012

I had a nice balcony king suite on the 8th floor facing the Dr Pepper ballpark. The room had a separate bedroom from the sitting room. The microwave and small fridge were quite handy. Internet is expensive at $14.95 per 24 hours per device - I think you should be able to use your laptop and smartphone off of one charge - but that rate seems in line with comparable hotels. The bed was comfortable. The room was fairly quiet although you could hear the slamming of the heavy doors regularly.

Checking in was easy as was checkout. Parking is either valet or garage for a fee. The garage is convenient.

I did have to get a new bed comforter as the one in my room had some sort of stain on it. (Chocolate syrup, I think) When I called the front desk they sent up staff immediately who rectified the situation. Just as the staff left my room, the front desk called to see if I was satisfied with the correction and I was. The staff seemed very regretful that there was a problem and dealt with it very efficiently. Kudos to the staff - both desk and house keeping. Other than that, the room was very clean.

I ate at the signature restaurant twice. The service and food quality were very good. The staff were attentive but friendly. The food was very good, but in line with such a restaurant. I wish they had longer lunch hours as I was in conference sessions during lunch. I had to grab a piece of (tasty) raisin bread (think banana bread) from the coffee/gift shop to hold me over until dinner. I didn't have enough time to go to any of the nearby eateries or order room service.

The convention center part of the hotel is a long fish hook design that can get a bit long from the hotel area. Once you get oriented, however, it isn't bad at all and you learn how to go outside which probably doesn't save much walking. We had one session in the Bass School room that got overly heated. Not the discussion - the room temp. It felt like the heat was on and people were using paper as fans.

One last comment - if you are afraid of heights, you will need to ask for a lower floor room. The building is an atrium style design with the elevators (all of which are glass) that goes up the middle of the building's oval. You WILL walk along a balcony/catwalk/hall to get to your room so you might want to plan in advance.

Some of my colleagues thought that the decor was a bit loud/busy (lots of rust/bronze/brown in all sorts of patterns) but I liked it.

All in all, I was very happy with this establishment.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Darren P
Reviewed 28 February 2012

My wife and I at the last minute decided to travel to the Frisco Texas area on the way South.
I booked over Price Line and got Embassy Suites Frisco. The were full for Wed. night, and we got a room with 2 double beds, rather that 1 King bed, (they did comp our parking though) but we can't say enough about the service, and how clean the hotel is. Everything was first class, including the breakfast the next morning. This is what we look for in a hotel! Way to go!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2012

The rooms are spacious and clean. The service is friendly. The breakfast is above average. Sounds like most Embassy Suites nationwide. I enjoy staying at the ES because you know exactly what you are going to get. The Starbucks in the lobby was a nice touch. Being able to watch a minor league baseball game from your room is another added bonus (for those with rooms facing the baseball stadium). The price is not cheap but is worth it in my opinion.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AlexanderDelarge
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I booked the room many weeks in advance for a special 2011-2012 New Year's Eve celebration. Check-in time was 3pm but the room was not ready until nearly 6pm. I was assured each time we approached the check-in desk that it would be ready very soon. A nice Housekeeping Manager came to our room almost immediately after we got in, apologized profusely and offered to bring water and fruit but he never returned with it. I picked up the in-room phone to order from the late-night breakfast menu but the phone was out of order so I ordered from my cell phone. When I attempted to check on my order almost an hour later, an automated message informed me that the kitchen was not taking calls. I phoned the desk and was rather rudely informed that there had been many orders. My order never arrived. I phoned the desk early the next morning and Morgan informed me that breakfast was from 7:30am-10:00am and that I didn't need to take anything in the way of documentation with me to get it. We had to sit in a quite cold atrium and wait for the restaurant to open at 8:30am and tickets were required. I ordered an omelet which was passable, but for the mushrooms which I did NOT want. They indicated at check-out that they would refund me $45 for the inconveniences. This might be a great place to stay if there's no large event going on but they failed miserably at handling a sizable crowd.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
owner1156, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Frisco Hotel Convention Center & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. We take your comments very seriously and we use your feedback to continue to improve our 4-Diamond Service. It is clear that on New Years you did not experience the quality service that we customarily provide.

While it is true we hosted a large New Years celebration during your stay, we host many large groups in our convention center and we are well equipped to service these events in our hotel. We obviously missed the boat with you and the responses you received from our staff clearly do not meet our standards. We will insure that these issues are rectified and our staff is trained to handle EVERY situation in a professional and service-oriented manner, regardless of the event or time of day. We understand the unique challenges that New Years Eve presents, especially for our guests such as you who did not participate in the large celebration. Your experience is very important to us and I apologize that we did not make it a special one.

Thank you again for your response and for allowing me to use your experience to improve our service.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

Positives:
Hotel was very clean and the food was very good. Pool was nice. Starbucks in the lobby is an added bonus! Manager's reception was a nice way to welcome us. Centrally located for the area. Right across the street to the mall which is walking distance. The conference center area was very nice as well. Dr. Pepper Arena was in walking distance for our event.

Negatives: Having to pay to park in the garage if you weren't lucky enough to find an open space outside and use paying to use the internet which didn't always get the best signal. Pool chemical and chlorine smell was extremely strong and burned my throat.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 February 2012

The layout is the typical for the chain. But the decor is clearly above the average. I particularly liked the tile work.
It is adjacent to the stadium for the minor league baseball team. That's another well designed facility and the games are lots of fun.
It is across the street from one of the best malls in the DFW area.
Pizza Hut soccer stadium and complex is just a few miles up the road.
Conference center was nice and well managed. There were 3 events going on and we never felt crowded, or lacked for any attention.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business