“Honestly, it was just "ok"!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Frisco Hotel Convention Center & Spa
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Frisco
Reviewed 27 February 2013

We, as a family of 4, travel frequently. We are in the Dallas area at LEAST once a month, if not more. We have stayed in multiple hotels in this area, and would probably not stay here again. We booked this hotel for the location, the reviews, and the pool. That being said, the location was GREAT for what we had planned for the weekend. The pool was COLD. Our kids are 9 and 5, and they even had a problem with it! Trust me, that is saying something! The maintenance man that was walking around the pool area was EXTREMELY nice and helpful!

The room set up was pretty standard for an Embassy Suites. The room cleanliness was not. The sofa was thread bare and looked like it should have been replaced long ago. The carpet "baseboard" along the floors was FILTHY! The bathroom was adequate and clean!

The complimentary drinks and snacks were appreciated! Breakfast was great! The front desk staff was very friendly!

All in all, it was just ok. We wouldn't completely avoid staying here again, but we wouldn't make a point to stay here.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank InOurHappyPlace
owner1156, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Frisco Hotel Convention Center & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2013

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to meet expectations and based upon your review I am actively participating with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again. We have also addressed the issues with the pool! I do appreciate your nice comments regarding our maintenance staff. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again. Thank you again; I appreciate your honest feedback.

Rich Lundt

Write a ReviewReviews (1,211)

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Nice hotel, great location across the street from mall. Good breakfast included with room fee, but the best part was the staff at front desk, so nice . We will stay here again when we go to Frisco. We would love to go back when there is a baseball game next door.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Recently stayed at the Embassy Suites in Frisco for a meeting. This is a really nice Embassy Suites and the service and staff were excellent. Noticed it even had its own spa. The room was comfortable, although laid out a little differently than a lot of Embassy Suites. That could have been because I was in a corner. The room was very quiet. The only minor complaint was that my pillows were all lumpy, but I am sure had I called and asked for another pillow I would have gotten one. The front desk help was outstanding. I would have loved a make-up mirror in the bathroom, but not a big deal. The hotel is close to the Shops at Legacy, and multiple companies and other facilities and is easy to locate. I recommend this property if you are traveling in this area.

Room Tip: My room was on the 5th floor on the southwest corner and was very quiet and comfortable. Had some so...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2013

What an excellent place to stay. The customer service just "wowed" me. I was really impressed that the front desk knew my name and when ever they saw me they addressed me by my name. Caprice, Farhan and the manager (her name escapes my memory) were great. The free breakfast and the happy hour was like "wow". Thanks for a pleasant stay.

Reviewed 8 February 2013

Stay here when in town for business.
Staff always go out of their way to make your stay pleasant.
Rooms not changed much in the 3 years I've been staying here and some could do with a refresh- however they are always clean and tidy.
Free breakfast, free managers happy hour, shuttle to work and wifi included... with a spacious room. Does exactly what it says on the tin!

Reviewed 3 February 2013

Was in town for one night for business, I had pretty low expectations for this hotel given it is quite a ways from Dallas in a town I had never heard of. I assume it would be a small older property, but it was the opposite. Its a beautiful very large hotel in a very popular shopping area. It was a full service hotel, with all amenities. I got a large room with a living room suite and my room had a balcony which overlooked what looked like a AAA minor baseball stadium. I think it as called Dr. Pepper field. Beautiful view and you could watch an entire game right from your balcony. The bed was super comfortable, the bathroom large and stocked. A very nice touch was a bag waiting in my room with two bottles of water, a bag of Doritos and a snickers bar. Really makes a difference after full day of travel. One meal was in the hotel which was really good and at night we walked across the street to the sports bar and had a great meal and a fun men's atmosphere. Overall, this was a very surprising positive experience and gets two thumbs up from me. One negative: Someone I was traveling with was only able to get a smoking room and he was VERY unhappy about it. The hotel actually contacted another local hotel and drove him there, with no cancellation charge. Again, sad there are smoking rooms, but the place handled it perfectly.

Room Tip: Face the baseball stadium if you can.Try and get a balcony.
2  Thank Andrew S
Reviewed 29 January 2013

THe hot tub was out of order for our entire stay and the pool was out of service for most of our stay.. if we had been told upon checkin we would have gone somewhere else.. the pool and hot tub were the ONLY reason we left our home 5 miles away and spent over $200.00 for one night.. what a waste of our money.. we could have done something fun.

Room Tip: I'm sick that i spent that money for NOTHING!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank gigsy1956
Travellers also viewed these Frisco hotels
Homewood Suites by Hilton, Dallas-Frisco
#10 of 17 in Frisco
Hilton Garden Inn Frisco
Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas-Frisco
Hampton Inn & Suites Legacy Park-Frisco

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Frisco Hotel Convention Center & Spa? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Frisco Hotel Convention Center & Spa

Address: 7600 John Q Hammons Dr, Frisco, TX 75034-1916
Region: United States > Texas > Frisco
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#3 Business Hotel in Frisco
#3 Romantic Hotel in Frisco
#5 Family Hotel in Frisco
Price Range: £103 - £207 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Frisco Hotel Convention Center & Spa 3.5*
The beautiful Embassy Suites Frisco Convention Center and Spa is located in the heart of Frisco. Frisco is the most booming place in the USA! So much is happening here! We are a four diamond, four star Embassy Suites! We boast over three hundred and thirty wonderfully appointed suites. We have that special four diamond, four star service that will exceed all of your expectations. The Embassy Frisco features a full service SPA BOTANICA which has everything from pedicures to body massages. The perfect place to relax from a meeting or sneak away for a romantic weekend.Talk about meeting space; we got you covered! The Embassy Frisco has a full convention center with over 90,000 square feet of flexible space that can accommodate up to two thousand! Whether you are coming in for that special meeting or family reunion- we do it all! Don't forget weddings! We have a special coordinator to assist your every need.The Embassy Frisco is close to everything to do! We are steps away from Dr Pepper Arena. We have views that overlook the Roughriders stadium. Close to many restaurants and shopping shopping shopping! Right across the street from Stonebrier mall and all they have to offer! So come on over to Frisco Embassy Convention Center and Spa- we will exceed all your expectations. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Frisco Hotel Convention Center & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Dallas Frisco Hotel Frisco