“Best Hamburgers In Frisco”
Review of Scotty P's Hamburgers - CLOSED

Scotty P's Hamburgers
Frisco
“Best Hamburgers In Frisco”
Reviewed 25 March 2009

Whevenever our family decides to go out for hamburgers, we always pick Scotty P's. The decor isn't fancy but the food is phenomenal!! I highly recommend the Chili-Cheese Burger and my wife loves the salads. Oh, and they have great shakes too!

“Slipping.”
Reviewed 8 January 2009

Slipping.

PlanoTX
“Char grill cooking - big mistake”
Reviewed 17 July 2008

I use to get the burgers at Scotty P's until they switched from grilling on a flat top griddle to a "Char " grill. They now come out dry and over cooked with no flavor. Fries , homemade onion rings and grilled chicken tenders are better options but why did they mess with a good thing ?

David in Plano

ScottyPsFrisco, Owner at Scotty P's Hamburgers, responded to this review, 16 October 2008
Hi Everyone,
I wouldn't have known about this thread but I received several emails bringing it to my attention. I don't think there is really anything to address here. Some people absolutely love our place and some people don't. I respect everyones opinion and there right to patronize a business or not. Fortunately, more and more people choose to eat at my restaurants each year; we're truly blessed to have such great support.

Are the restaurants running just like they did when I was working the register or walking the floor everyday...probably not. In many ways, more ways then my ego can probably comprehend, the stores run 10x smoother then when I was running them. Our systems our better, more efficient, cleaner, and I think we've improved our quaility over the years. BUT! I'll agree we're not perfect and we've been known to make an error now and then. I hate mistakes or food quality that is below our standards and yours, but I eat at my resrtaurant every day and if I see a burger that looks poorly prepared, or eat something I don't think is up to par, I address it with our team at every store, not just the store exhibiting the problem.

I have heard and tried to respond to the issues of our burgers being dry. As I've said before on the thread, working on an open flamed grill is much harder (and healthier I might add) then frying a burger on a flat top. Other then Backyard Burger and the conveyer system they use at Red Robin and Burger King, no one cooks over an open flame...it's simply too hard to manage, but if done right, it's 10 times better then a fried burger. It is a constant battle for perfection, we miss the boat on occassion, but continually strive for excellent food quality an presentation.

Last year I served over 860,000 people. I received 14 complaints (I do track each complaint). Most of the complaints were actually service related and a few were food related. They all matter, they all get addressed and even if I just hear about an issue through the grapevine...I promise you we address it ASAP!

My father (he's the real big boss) insists on one thing. BE IN THE STORES! While you may not see me or my brother or dad, we're there everyday, scrutinizing, complimenting and working to improve our quality of food, cleanliness and customer service.

I remember a guest some years ago, we'll call him Joe. Joe ate at my restaurant every week, Joe loved coming to Scotty P's, Joe absolutely hated my Crispy Tenders. A few months into our first year I was speaking with Joe and his family. They are to this day great patrons of our restaurant. I asked Joe if there was anything he didn't like, he mentioned the Crispy Tenders. I asked him, when was the last time he had tried them. He said it had been months, and he would never eat them again. I told him, when we first opened they were not good, but that I had a better recipe, he swore he'd never eat them again. While he was enjoying his burger, I went to the kitchen and whipped up a batch, brought 'em out and insisted he try just one...to this day, I'm not sure Joe eats anything else other then Crispy Tenders when he comes to my restaurant, he loves our Crispy Tenders and he'll gladly tell you the same story. My point is, if you've not eaten with us recently, come back and give us a try because we're always trying to improve. If you have eaten with us recently, and your experience was below average a) let me know, b) come back and give us a try; even Tiger Woods has an off day!

Anyway, just want you to know, we'll keep working on things on our end and if you'll email me with your thoughts I'll be glad to address them asap.

We love doing business in Frisco, Allen, Plano, McKinney, Garland, and Dallas and hopefully we'll have more locations to announce soon. For now, we'll just try to keep getting better and hope you'll continue to support us as you have for the past 8 years!

Thanks,

Scotty P.
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“good chicken sandwiches”
Reviewed 17 July 2008

good chicken sandwiches

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“might be the best burger...”
Reviewed 5 July 2008

might be the best burger in dogass

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook