“Service absolutely outstanding--better than most Westins”

Sheraton Stonebriar Hotel
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Frisco
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We stayed at the Sheraton Stonebriar for 10 days, and experienced one of the best visits in a hotel in years. EVERYONE from the front desk manager to the fellows opening the front doors, to the housekeeping staff, was trained to help, and their great attitudes made the visit very pleasant. Mr Kenneth Campbell, especially, went out of his way to make sure we, and other guests, were treated with prompt, courteous, friendly service whether it was asking for restaurant advice or a special need in the room. Would definitely come back to this hotel. Had a refrigerator in room, was quiet, and modern.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
hospitalityiskey, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Stonebriar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2011

Dear trhlgolfer,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write some great comments about your recent experience at the Sheraton Stonebriar. I was very pleased to see that our Housekeeping and Front Desk Teams took great care of you, especially Kenneth Campbell at the front desk. I will be sure to recognize him and thank him for exceeding your expectations. I trust that we will see you again should your travels bring you back you to the area.

Thank you again. Warm regards,

Jean de Vogue

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Stonebriar Hotel

Reviewed 22 July 2011

Stayed here for a week for business.
The facilities, restaurant and bar are extremely basic and also overpriced for what they are.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2011

RECOMMENDED: Sheraton's are often a mixed bag, however, this is a nearly new property with a masculine modern interior that's sure to be comfortable for the business traveler. Check in is quick and efficient and I must commend the mgmt, staff was very friendly and efficient throughout my week long stay. Rooms are a little small, but modern and well equipped (tea/coffee, iron). Well illuminated and bathroom clean bright and all in good working order. Basic Internet access was free. Bedding is OK, it's new and attractive, but simply put not as comfortable as I found in other hotels.

This hotel sits directly at the corner of Legacy & 121. The new location means many GPS systems can't find it (the Westin should be your target about 200 yards away). The location seems a bit remote and dark, but there are 5-8 good restaurants within walking distance. There is a large gym with a view to the outside.

The only downside, is noise & the AC. Rooms facing the highway will get noise. Rooms facing the interior have a huge coolant system that hums all night long. To add to this, employees have a smoking area below the rooms and I heard them talking until 11 pm one night. What this in effect means .. you can't open the windows. With the windows closed, you'll need the AC running and unfortunately I found this drafty, couldn't figure out how the single vent on the diagonal of the room was managing to blow air in my face while laying in the bed.

I quickly figured out I either had to contend with noise from outside or air blowing in my face.

The question is SHOULD YOU STAY HERE? My other area stay (Hilton Garden Inn), room was bigger, decent AC, but not as polished room and staff was just plain useless, is a coin toss with the Sheraton likely winning.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
hospitalityiskey, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Stonebriar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2011

Hello Roadwarrior33, Thank you for your positive and sincere review and for taking the time to share your experience with our other travelers. I am excited that you were able to connect with our friendly and efficient Team throughout your extended journey. Also, I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our hotel's modern and comfortable design, our Sheraton Core Performance Fitness Center and also our cleanliness. I also want to assure you that I have addressed the opportunities you mentioned with our Teams and I thank you for bringing this to my attention. Finally, I thank you for making us your first choice hotel while staying in the area. I trust we will have the pleasure in welcoming you again soon! Jean de Vogue

Reviewed 8 December 2010

As an SPG Platinum I was upgraded to a Suite which had a very large luxurious bathroom. The heavenly bed (Sheraton version) was very comfortable and I slept very well. The staff is extremely friendly and helpfull. The club is not operating so SPG members get a full buffet breakfast at the restaurant which is very good for breakfast and for a simple dinner.
The excersize room is small but has new equipment. The location is next to several different types of restaurants and short driving distance to major shopping and entertainment.
I definitively recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business

Hello epg_01, thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing your excellent review of the Sheraton Stonebriar with the TripAdvisor community! I recognize you are a very frequent traveler and thank you for being such a loyal Platinum member with Starwood Hotels. I am pleased to see we were able to offer you a suite and a Club Life upgrade as a part of your Platinum member benefits. I also trust you were able to relax on our signature Sheraton "Sweet Sleeper bed" and take advantage of some of nine neighboring restaurants. We definitely look forward to your return! Thank you again, Jean de Vogue

Reviewed 16 November 2010

I stayed for 4 nights in November 2010. The hotel is only around 2 years old, the staff at the hotel is far above average when it comes to service and attention to customers needs.

The hotel is conveniently located for easy access to freeway/highway but no noice from the road. Stonebriar Shopping center is only 1-2 miles away, there is a good mexican restaurant just outside the hotel. There are some other restaurants just outside aswell but I didn't try them.

Great Wi-Fi in room (free). Only negaitve thing is that the hotel aircon/power house just outside the hotel generates a lot of noice as it goes on and off during night. This is only valid for rooms facing that direction. I actually changed rooms after first night and after that I had no problems.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2010

The positives on this hotel stay are the staff are VERY friendly and knew my name the first day I was there. The rooms are very quiet and cool. Our first room they put us in had a very foul smell ( I learned its a pet friendly hotel) they quickly changed our room. Free Wifi-close and convenient to shops and restaurants and to the freeways. I know they say they have a sweet mattress--there was nothing sweet about it. My son was the first to notice. We didn't sleep the first night, it was hard as a rock. The linens were soft so that was nice. The bathroom and room was very clean! Will we stay again? Given the hard beds I am not sure.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2010

Had a one night stay in a king room. I was a little disappointed to not get my SPG preferred upgrade, but the front desk staff member told me the 4th floor was closed for a remodel. Then I became worried about noise. This was not an issue. It was a very quiet property, even with the on going construction.
I had a wonderful sleep. The room was clean, a pretty standard Sheraton offering.
Where this place really shines is the staff. I came in contact with three different desk staff members, and each was just wonderful. They were very pleasant and friendly.
Oh, also, there is free WiFi in the rooms which is a huge plus.
There is a good Italian and a good Mexican restaurant in the same complex.
When in the area I will stay here over the Westin next door. Though managed by the same people (it seems) the Westin next door has very thin walls and the WiFi isn't free.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo