“Great Business Hotel”

Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Frisco
San Diego
“Great Business Hotel”
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Great staff. Clean and comfortable rooms, although a bit small. Great location for business in Frisco or Plano. Hotel shuttle took us to and from our office 5 minutes away. There are few really good restaurants right next door. Easy access to both DFW and LOV.

I've read some of the previous reviews. I'm not sure why there was a complaint about a shower curtain having mildew on it. My bathroom had a shower only with plexiglass, no curtain. It's so much easier than a bathtub.

The executive lounge is not staffed, but that's okay. They have a computer and printer in there along with sodas and water. The front desk gave me vouchers for a free breakfast in the restuarant. It's a buffet breakfast better than anything I've had in an executive lounge. I'm not sure why a previous reviewer complained about this. There is no wait for the food. It's a buffet, just like it would have been in the exec lounge.

There was also a previous review complaining about outside noise in the room. I was facing the parking lot. It was the quietest room I've had in a very long time. I didn't hear anything from the outside. Nor did I hear anything from either room next to me.

All in all a great experience.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Mexico DF
Reviewed 20 January 2012

The hotel is very good, rooms are smalls and comfortable. The restaurant is open until 11pm and the food is OK. There are 3 different internet access, a free one but limits some sites, and 2 others with a fee allowing you to access more sites. I used the free option and was able to access everything I needed.
The breakfast (which is not included) has fresh fruit, cereal, eggs, bacon, bread, coffee, orage juice, etc and costs around ($15 usd)

The Cons: The room does not have a safety box and many channels were not available, they were in the guide but there was no signal. Actually there was only one movie channel available and the signal was poor (must of the time was unavailable)

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I cant say enough nice things about the hotel and exspecially the staff led by Ken Campbell. They dont make them better than Ken. Everyone from the desk staff, Candice, Logan, Natalie, Scott, Will & Terrie are rock stars. Even my boys El and Nick behind the bar are the best and keep me happy...Your staff is truly excellent and I love staying there....It is my second home and they are like my second family which doesnt make my wife to happy!

Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed 7 January 2012

The staff and service at the Sheraton Stonebriar is absolutely wonderful! I travel for business to Plano almost everyweek. The past year I have been staying on a regular basis at the Sheraton Stonebriar and its an excellent, very consistant experience everytime I stay. They know me by name and the Manager and Staff are so pleasant and friendly. They always go out of their way to ensure my stay is comfortable. I would highly recommend staying at the Sheraton Stonebriar in Frisco!

Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed 4 January 2012

The hotel was nice, however, we needed to switch the nights of our stay and nothing was avalible for those dates and the fee to cancel the 2 nights more than a week in advance (wit in the cancelation period stated at booking) was going to be $202!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
NYC
Reviewed 26 October 2011

I was scheduled to stay here for 3 nights in October 2011 and ended up only staying for 2 and begged to change hotels (beware of the $75 early departure fee!). I am a business traveler and a Starwood Gold guest, and booked using my company's rate that included "club access". What a sham..the club on the 4th floor advertises that is serves breakfast in the morning and "wind and dine" in the evening. Neither was true. Day 2 I went there at 6:30am to find no breakfast, and upon calling the desk was told they no longer have an attendant and therefore cannot serve in the club lounge. She offered me a restaurant voucher instead which I declined as I didn't have time to wait for a waiter to serve me. I asked them why they don't remove the two signs advertising club breakfast on the 4th floor, and got no answer. When I returned that evening...same deal on the "wine and dine'. No wine & dine, instead some sodas and granola bars and signs still up. Again told no attendant available. Again asked why they still hadn't removed the sign...again no answer. At this point I asked to check out early and they finally obliged.

Also - business travelers beware. Even though this is a newer property - the rooms do NOT have safes in them. You are welcome to take your chances leaving your laptop at the front desk...but that's not something my company permits me doing. So I got to carry my laptop with me to dinner every night.

Overall extremely disappointed with the games they play with advertising a club lounge that clearly is not offering the services they advertise it does. There is enough competition in this area that I need not stay in a dishonest hotel like this. Shame on you Sheraton Stonebriar! I will not return and will recommend others steer clear. So many other options where you won't feel taken advantage of.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Red_Dolphin-Media
hospitalityiskey, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Stonebriar Hotel, responded to this review, 6 November 2011
Dear Red_Dolphin-Media,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am very sorry that we did not meet you expectations. I am very appreciative of your continued loyalty to Starwood Hotels as a Gold member and sincerely regret to hear that your were disappointed by your recent stay at our hotel.

Sheraton Club guest rooms offer upgraded amenities and complimentary beverages. The Club Lounge is an intimate and relaxing setting that also offers a copier/fax/printer and complimentary office supplies for guests who are looking to get a little work done. The Club Level upgrade additionally offers Club Room guests complimentary breakfast, afternoon hors d'oeuvres and a variety of beverage options which we serve at our restaurant 5444. Our experience is that while our guests enjoy the privacy of the lounge, they particularly enjoy the opportunity to indulge in a wider selection of breakfast and evening hors d’oeuvre selections available at 5444.
Also, as an alternative to guestroom safes we offer safes which are dedicated to our guests at the front desk including safes that are designed for the storage of laptops. I thank you again for your feedback as it definitely helps us to improve.

Jean de Vogue
Guest Services Manager
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I stayed here for business. The service was exceptional especially considering the type of hotel. The hotel is bare bones and fine for a business trip. Overall helped by the overly attentive and friendly staff. There are hotels with more amenities nearby however.

• Stayed September 2011
Dear SAR871,

Thank you for your staying with us and for your great comments. I am very pleased to hear that you found our associates to be very “friendly and attentive” and our service “exceptional” as this is what the Sheraton Stonebriar is known for.
I hope we will have the pleasure in welcoming you again soon.

Jean de Vogue
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frisco
Homewood Suites by Hilton, Dallas-Frisco
Hampton Inn & Suites Legacy Park-Frisco
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Frisco Hotel Convention Center & Spa
Aloft Frisco
Aloft Frisco
#12 of 17 in Frisco
Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas-Frisco
Hilton Dallas Plano Granite Park

Been to Sheraton Stonebriar Hotel? Share your experiences!