“Nice Location to shopping and restaurants”

Sheraton Stonebriar Hotel
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Frisco
Kansas
“Nice Location to shopping and restaurants”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a weekend while one of my daughters was swimming in a swim meet. We were far away from her meet, but very close to shopping! The hotel seems new with pleasant décor. The staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful. They helped us numerous times with shopping suggestions and restaurants. As a SPG platinum member I was upgraded to a junior suite which was very nice. They also have a nice gym with newer equipment. The club lounge was not staffed while we were there, but it was open with breakfast items in the morning, appetizers in the evening, and snacks and drinks throughout the day.

The real gift of this hotel is it's closeness to great shopping. Ikea is just down the street, some nice restaurants adjacent to the hotel, and the Shops at Legacy are very near by and not to be missed!

Frisco is a great choice if you need to be in North Dallas and want nice shopping and restaurants!

CSBM

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CSBM
Renee U, Executive Administrative Assistant at Sheraton Stonebriar Hotel, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Thank you for staying with us at The Sheraton Stonebriar. We appreciate your valuable feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were treated very well by our staff. We value and appreciate your business. Please keep us in mind for your next visit to Frisco, Texas.
Be well

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
London
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I stayed here for a few days whilst on a Business trip and was glad I did.

The Sheraton is the Sister Hotel to the Westin - a short walkable distance. There are also two/three very good restaurants all directly opposite the Hotel.

Overall its exactly what you'd expect a Sheraton to be - comfortable rooms,decent gym and free wifi. However what sets it apart was the top notch service/attitude from all the staff I met. Indeed from the moment arrived I cannot think of anything that was not exemplary and I always had a friendly greeting when I passed reception. On another occasion when I was returning from the gym ,a staff member offered to get me a bottle of water. Now that's what I call service !

The only slight gripe I might have had was the lack of in-room safe but I was told they're installing those this month anyway - this is good as I'm always wary of losing the dual key you get in such arrangements.

Very good value for money and I'll be glad to return.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank trwilbury
Thank you for staying with us at The Sheraton Stonebriar and for sharing your valuable feedback about our Well Run Hotel and our top notch staff. We strive to exceed our guest's expectations and I am thrilled that you were able to experience it first-hand. We are so excited that we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back soon.
All the best
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 24 November 2013

My wife thoroughly enjoys all the shopping options available in the Stonebriar area of Frisco. Since we live several hours away, we usually make a weekend of it and stay in local hotels. The location is highly convenient, easy access from the toll road or 121, the staff is very courteous and helpful and the rooms are adequate. The breakfast buffet is fairly well stocked with both hot and cold options and the price of $5 per person is great. Our issuse with this hotel is the incredibly small bathroom. Shower is euro style with half glass; not what I would expect in a US Sheraton. And the club lounge; don't waste your money on the upgrade.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Scott J
hospitalityiskey, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Stonebriar Hotel, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Hello Scott J –

Thank you very much for your recent stay at the Sheraton and for your overall positive feedback. Glad you enjoyed our breakfast buffet options and thank you for your positive comments about our staff.

I am very sorry to hear that the bathroom size and the lounge did not meet your expectations. Please don’t hesitate to contact us in advance of your next visit so we arrange for a room with a bathroom better suited to your wants.

With warm regards,

Magnolia, Texas
Reviewed 13 October 2013

The front desk was professional and attentive. The hotel was clean and well maintained. We did have a minor issue with the air conditioner that was handled quickly and to my satisfaction. There was nothing negative worth mentioning. I stayed with my wife and two kids over a weekend for a getaway.

We stayed on the "Club Level" which had a room that had been converted to a lounge for the use of the Club Level guests. There was a breakfast included with the price in the lounge and the lounge was refreshed throughout the day with non-alcoholic canned beverages, bottled water, coffee, tea, assorted individual bags of chips, granola bars and M&M's.

The hotel is in an area that appears to be safe, away from the city. I will definitely stay here again and I recommend it completely, without equivocation.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank KTrouble
hospitalityiskey, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Stonebriar Hotel, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Hello KTrouble –

Thank you very much for staying with us and for the glowing review of our hotel, especially coming from a Senior Contributor. I will be sure to share your great comments with our Front desk Team. Glad to hear you enjoyed our Club Life experience and we are very grateful for your recommendation. We look forward to your next visit.

Warm regards,

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 12 October 2013

The hotel was nice, and the staff was friendly, but I do have a word of warning. There is a breakfast area in the lobby that basically looks like every complimentary breakfast that you've seen at a hotel. The breakfast at the Sheraton is NOT complimentary (and it's not cheap). There is a sign about the breakfast prices if you know to look for it, but it's easy to miss (at least for me it was). No free breakfast - just FYI. I'd probably stay here again if I was in the area, but I'll be skipping breakfast next time.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank phiken
Hello phiken -

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your positive comments about the friendliness of our staff. Our guests can enjoy the full breakfast buffet for $14.95, the continental breakfast buffet for $10 (plus taxes) or breakfast a la carte. We also offer the popular option of the Club upgrade for $20.00 per day (plus taxes) which includes access to the Sheraton Club lounge where we serve continental breakfast and also the evening hors d’oeuvres and non-alcoholic refreshments.

With warm regards,

Macon, Georgia
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The room and common areas are clean and comfortable. The staff is friendly and attentive. Parking is somewhat constricted. It is within walking distance of the Westin Stonebriar where I was attending a conference, so a good alternative to the Westin if you need one. There are very good restaurants within easy walking distance (like the Cantina Laredo).

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
BSGA –

Thank you very much for your recent stay and for your positive comments particularly about our staff. Glad you enjoyed the comfort and the proximity of the Sheraton Stonebriar to the nearby restaurants and the Westin Stonebriar conference (our sister hotel).

Come back and see us!