“Not up to Parr”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Fulton
San Antonio, Texas
“Not up to Parr”
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

We use to stay here when it was Best Western? But lately its down hilk it smells and the restroom still had hair from previous guest. It was a last resort, would rather face the drive home then be uncomfortable. You can see the type of clientele this place is attracting.
So not only dirty a little unsafe.

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank Janette R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

We arrived to a room that was ready or so we were told. The room was filthy! There was pieces of food in the microwave and in the sink! The dishwasher had dirty dishes and an about 2 inches of a smelly gray water in the bottom! The bathroom was dirty and had only 1 towel! They sent a maid back to clean after we went and complained. I had to stand in line to complain as there was already two parties complaining about their rooms! That first day was the only time I saw a maid or evidence of a clean room during my stay.

Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Susie L

Travellers are raving about these Fulton hotels

Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Room was on 2nd floor and had to walk up outside wooden steps. When we got to our room the beds had been made but bathroom was dirty, toilet not cleaned, floor not vacuumed and there were no towels or soap. My husband went to complain and found a lady with a clipboard taking complaints from other guests. They sent someone to clean and bring towels and soap. We were staying 2 nights and the next morning we left a tip on the bed with the card saying we didn't need sheets changed but we did expect the beds to be made and the room cleaned. We returned to find the tip was gone but beds were not made and room not cleaned. Dirty towels and bath mat were taken but replacements were not left. Price we paid for this room was way out of line. We would have checked out but there were no other rooms available in this area. This was the first time we stayed in an Econolodge and would never stay here in this or any other Econolodge again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Judy B
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 5 June 2013

This sounds bad, but I didn't have high expectations for this hotel, but I wasn't the one that booked the rooms for this vacation, so I didn't have much of a choice. Upon arrival I was surprised b/c it looked much nicer than I had expected. Breakfast was good. It was nice that it was prepared fresh instead of sitting out buffet style. My problem with this hotel is that they never cleaned our room. We were there for 3 nights. I know there was a maid service b/c they knocked on the door each morning to give us fresh towels. We had more than enough towels, so this wasn't even necessary. There was a water conservation sign in the room that you could leave on the bed to have them only make the bed, not change the sheets. I put this out, but no one ever came in and made our beds. I guess it's a good thing I didn't request that they change the sheets. No one ever vacuumed or took out the bathroom trash either. I'm assuming this was the same for other rooms b/c there were bags of bathroom trash next to the trash can outside of our room. My sister-in-law was in another room and hers wasn't cleaned, and it took several days for her to get new towels. I've never been to a hotel where my room wasn't refreshed. I was going to complain when I left, but the girl at the front desk was too busy flirting with her coworker to even ask me how our stay was. I felt like I was bothering her asking for a receipt. At least now I know about all of the other hotels to stay in during my next visit to Rockport b/c I won't stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Niki S
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Rooms seem to have been refreshed with only "paint" because the room was musty eventhogh it was clean. I did have to ask for a top sheet which I had to go to the front desk to pick up and put on the bed myself as one of the beds only had the blanket.The beds are comfy as they seemed new.The bathroom needs to be updated. The lighting in the bathroom is too dark and took a couple of seconds for the light over the vanity to come on.There is alot of potential for this hotel due to the grounds which are lush with lots of tropical plants and wonderful trees and a nice little pool area underneath lovely trees. Lots of free parking underneath shaded oaks.Due to last minute plans (we are the get up and go types) we could not find other options on Memorial Day weekend. Since this is a forum to let potential guests know of the experience, I'm trying to be positive but truthfully, the only way I would stay here again is if they redo the rooms completely, after all, guests want to get a fresh, clean, well lit room with good service.

Room Tip: Rooms on bottom floor overlook courtyard and have convenient access, especially for the pool.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank lsaw196
Texas
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I don't know what room some of these other people got, but I checked in late in the evening, then went to Padre Island to eat and messed around. We had a scheduled guided fishing trip the next morning at 5:30. We got back to our room around 10 or so. Room was so-so. Musty smelling mainly. Went to bed around midnight. I woke at around 1:30 in the morning and so I wouldn't wake up my son, I went to the restroom and closed the door, then I turned the light on! There were roaches everywhere!!!!! I mean everywhere. I woke my son and told him we had to get everything out of the room! There were roaches in the tub, in the sink, all over the floor, ........ EVERYWHERE!!!! I tried to lay back down for a little while but I kept feeling the little things crawling on me!. Finally got up at 4:30 and there was one in my freaking bed! It was terrible. Left the room and went to our fishing trip. (Great fishing!) Came back to the motel and told them I wanted all my money back including the nights I had reserved. They gave me all but $50.00 (plus all the taxes) back. I told them I wanted it all back but they said since I stayed there, they could not refund the money. BULL****!!!! Don't even think about staying here unless you like roaches for room-mates!

Room Tip: Go to Microtel in Aransas Pass. That room was worth the money spent!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank c_t_bearTexas
Rockport, Texas
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Impressed with size of room . The room could sleep six adults comfortably. Their are so many places to relax outside under ancient oaks. The pool area, gazebo area, and a sreened porch that will hold 50. A full laundry facility and a lobby with a small library. Staff was great(enjoyed their jobs) and accomidated any changes. When told shower curtain was bad, they replaced with new promptly. A great value so check this place out!

Room Tip: Some rooms have full kitchens
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jonathan T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fulton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rockport / Bay View
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rockport - Fulton
Hampton Inn & Suites Rockport - Fulton
Hunt's Castle Hotel
Hunt's Castle Hotel
#16 of 20 in Rockport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Rockport
Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay

Been to Econo Lodge Inn by the Bay? Share your experiences!