“Worst Place Ever. Do NOT stay here.”

Econo Lodge Inn by the Bay
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Fulton
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

I read the reviews about this place after I booked it and I was very concerned. I wanted to cancel right away but my husband thought it would be fine. Wow...were we wrong! When we got in the room, I pulled the sheets back to check the bed. We found blood on the sheets and dog hair covering the pillows! The housekeeping crew, if you could even call them that, came and changed the sheets. I thought all would be fine. I was wrong! As we started unpacking I went into the bathroom and found that the toilet had several chunks of poop stuck to the inside and lots of dried urine. Disgusting!! The shower floor had dirty dog footprints in it. Then we found a very old looking bar of soap stuck to the shower. Looks like its been there awhile. We called the front desk. They said the shower was "peeling". I asked if the room had actually been cleaned AT ALL?? I asked for documentation as to what had been cleaned in the room and they said they don't have any type of documentation. We were so disgusted that we demanded our money back, which they gave us. We left and checked into the Holiday Inn Express. We paid more there, but it was so worth it!

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank Crm413
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Inn by the Bay

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Wanted to rent a five double bed rooms BEFORE the week of the 4th of July, and the price of the rooms had increased, the reason? Because the holiday happened to fall on the following week day, increased to $147.00! Does not offer a military discount for veterans or active duty mililtary, rented the indoor pavillion, on a Saturday for parents 50th anniversary- temperature was 106 not including the humidity, AC stopped working, maintenance personnel never responded. called and also personally spoke with the front desk, dead cock roaches and eggs dead fish in the trash cans and flies everywhere. Great grandmother and and uncle had heat exhaustion! I can just fathom how the rooms must look like- drove 40 minutes to Victoria, Texas and had an AWESOME stay at the FairField Inn by the great Victoria Mall.

Room Tip: Dont stay there if you can help it!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank BKMFortHood
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

We use to stay here when it was Best Western? But lately its down hilk it smells and the restroom still had hair from previous guest. It was a last resort, would rather face the drive home then be uncomfortable. You can see the type of clientele this place is attracting.
So not only dirty a little unsafe.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Janette R
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We arrived to a room that was ready or so we were told. The room was filthy! There was pieces of food in the microwave and in the sink! The dishwasher had dirty dishes and an about 2 inches of a smelly gray water in the bottom! The bathroom was dirty and had only 1 towel! They sent a maid back to clean after we went and complained. I had to stand in line to complain as there was already two parties complaining about their rooms! That first day was the only time I saw a maid or evidence of a clean room during my stay.

Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Susie L
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Room was on 2nd floor and had to walk up outside wooden steps. When we got to our room the beds had been made but bathroom was dirty, toilet not cleaned, floor not vacuumed and there were no towels or soap. My husband went to complain and found a lady with a clipboard taking complaints from other guests. They sent someone to clean and bring towels and soap. We were staying 2 nights and the next morning we left a tip on the bed with the card saying we didn't need sheets changed but we did expect the beds to be made and the room cleaned. We returned to find the tip was gone but beds were not made and room not cleaned. Dirty towels and bath mat were taken but replacements were not left. Price we paid for this room was way out of line. We would have checked out but there were no other rooms available in this area. This was the first time we stayed in an Econolodge and would never stay here in this or any other Econolodge again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Judy B
Reviewed 5 June 2013

This sounds bad, but I didn't have high expectations for this hotel, but I wasn't the one that booked the rooms for this vacation, so I didn't have much of a choice. Upon arrival I was surprised b/c it looked much nicer than I had expected. Breakfast was good. It was nice that it was prepared fresh instead of sitting out buffet style. My problem with this hotel is that they never cleaned our room. We were there for 3 nights. I know there was a maid service b/c they knocked on the door each morning to give us fresh towels. We had more than enough towels, so this wasn't even necessary. There was a water conservation sign in the room that you could leave on the bed to have them only make the bed, not change the sheets. I put this out, but no one ever came in and made our beds. I guess it's a good thing I didn't request that they change the sheets. No one ever vacuumed or took out the bathroom trash either. I'm assuming this was the same for other rooms b/c there were bags of bathroom trash next to the trash can outside of our room. My sister-in-law was in another room and hers wasn't cleaned, and it took several days for her to get new towels. I've never been to a hotel where my room wasn't refreshed. I was going to complain when I left, but the girl at the front desk was too busy flirting with her coworker to even ask me how our stay was. I felt like I was bothering her asking for a receipt. At least now I know about all of the other hotels to stay in during my next visit to Rockport b/c I won't stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Niki S
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Rooms seem to have been refreshed with only "paint" because the room was musty eventhogh it was clean. I did have to ask for a top sheet which I had to go to the front desk to pick up and put on the bed myself as one of the beds only had the blanket.The beds are comfy as they seemed new.The bathroom needs to be updated. The lighting in the bathroom is too dark and took a couple of seconds for the light over the vanity to come on.There is alot of potential for this hotel due to the grounds which are lush with lots of tropical plants and wonderful trees and a nice little pool area underneath lovely trees. Lots of free parking underneath shaded oaks.Due to last minute plans (we are the get up and go types) we could not find other options on Memorial Day weekend. Since this is a forum to let potential guests know of the experience, I'm trying to be positive but truthfully, the only way I would stay here again is if they redo the rooms completely, after all, guests want to get a fresh, clean, well lit room with good service.

Room Tip: Rooms on bottom floor overlook courtyard and have convenient access, especially for the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank lsaw196
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fulton
Hampton Inn & Suites Rockport - Fulton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rockport / Bay View
Hunt's Castle Hotel
Hunt's Castle Hotel
#17 of 20 in Rockport

Been to Econo Lodge Inn by the Bay? Share your experiences!