“What happened to Sandollar?”

Sandollar Resort Motel & RV Park
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fulton
Sandollar Resort Motel & RV Park
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Fulton
Austin, Texas
“What happened to Sandollar?”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My dad has taken me (daughter) to this place for years when I was growing up. Now I am taking my family and while I enjoyed many past trips, this past July 2014 was alarming. There are so many tell tale signs that this place is deglected and is loosing business. The nice beach in front of the hotel is now unkept, lights are burned out, trash is on the ground, BBQ pits are dilapidated and rusting away and one is totally unusable. The rv'ers speak of a mosquito lake the size of a large home in the rv camp ground that stands for days after a light rain. Mosquitos can carry diseases!
I wish management would actually read this review and make the necessary changes or I will need to vacation elsewhere as many others are starting to do.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
15 Thank Paul B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 25 March 2014

All the floors in the unit are in desperate need of replacing. Fixtures in bathroom rusted. All the furnishings just plain old. Walls nicely painted. Lots of cigarette butts on the grounds. Pools nice and clean.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
9 Thank FWest77099
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I have been staying at the Sandollar Motel for nearly 40 years on my birding trips to the Rock Port and Aransas National Wildlife Refuge area. I have also "camped" in my little trailer in their nicely wooded RV park. While this is an older motel, it has been maintained well and has a very friendly and helpful staff. The Sandollar is quite near the good restaurants and Fulton Beach and the dock for the SKIMMER, a great boat for a trip to see the Whooping Cranes and other great birds.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Pirooter
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We were very pleased with our recent stay this past weekend. The furniture has been upgraded. New flat screen TV's, nice fridge and microwave and tiled floors. The view was great! very friendly office staff. Rates were great...would love to get a RV spot in the future there......the only thing that needed upgrading was the bathroom. I am sure that is in the works. We walked across the street to Alice Fayes' and could hear the music which was nice. Pet friendly.

Room Tip: We stayed in Motel room by the street.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Pasadena, TX
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We booked over 10 rooms here for a family reunion. My room smelled like someone had cooked fish in it. We unloaded and headed to the store to pick up what we would need for the weekend. When we got back, the bathtub was full of water running all over the bathroom and running into the living room. There was about 2 inches of water in front of the refrigerator. They expected us to stay in the room until my husband told them to move us. It was going to take them awhile to clean all that up and dry the carpets. We were moved upstairs to another room, which was never cool until about 2 a.m. It was so hot inside the room, that I stayed outside most of the time. We had ants in the bathroom and some of our family had roaches in the room. This place was not that clean. They have a really nice set up there, they just need to do some repairs and clean better and maybe put in bigger window units to keep the rooms cool. The beds were so hard we couldn't sleep. I felt like a spring was in my back.
I will say that the kids all had a great time in the pools. They were very nice.

Room Tip: It seems that the motel rooms had better a/c than the kitchenettes. Maybe because the rooms were sma...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
11 Thank mabarker1023
Reviewed 20 May 2013

The Sandollar Resort is a tranquil and beautiful place to stay. The rooms are clean and the scenery is awesome. Clear view of the water, well taken care of grounds with tons of trees and local wild life. There are 2 swimming pools and a fishing pier perfect for families and weekend adventures. I always enjoy my stay at the Sandollar and look forward to coming back every year. The desk staff are very friendly and extremely accommodating. If you are ever in Rockport make the Sandollar number 1 on your list of places to visit. :)

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Laurennicole361
Berrien Springs, Michigan
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Just as with my review of the historic Weaterford Hotel (Flagstaff AZ), this is a wonderful little place. I am always amazed how people while paying "compact Chevy prices", moan that they didn't get the largest Cadillac. These iconic places offer very decent amenities, historic and iconic older style, great locations, and wonderful management. The Sandollar has two really nice and beautiful pools (I had trouble choosing which one to use), and our room was very decent and very clean. The pool was just off of our room. We requested a move from the front to around the right side, and the manager Lucinda was so helpful. Last August. my 20 year old son had persuaded me to take a long trip from Memphis to pick him up in Georgetown and then drive down to Corpus, Port Aransas, and Rockport. I initially was very reluctant, but now I will go down again, and always stay at the Sandollar. In fact, I will be praying that my iconic Airstream Argosy Motorhome, can make one last long journey, to of course the Sandollar. Then I hope to spend say at least three (3) months there every year. Thank you Lucinda for all you cooperation and attention. And you can eat a great breakfast across the road at the also legendary Sarah Gaye, and for less than at MacDonalds. I may even try to scratch up some money to go down again this Spring and then stay at the motel. Grady dragged me down there, and now I may never leave. Larry Trainor

Room Tip: If you don't appreciate older and iconic, do yourself a favor, and go to a Marriott!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fulton
Inn At Fulton Harbor
Inn At Fulton Harbor
#1 of 4 in Fulton
Econo Lodge Inn by the Bay
Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay
Hampton Inn & Suites Rockport - Fulton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Rockport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rockport - Fulton

Been to Sandollar Resort Motel & RV Park? Share your experiences!