“Nice Place, Average to Good for a Hampton”

Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Gainesville
San Diego, California
“Nice Place, Average to Good for a Hampton”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I am giving this place "very good" relative to the hotels in this class and price range. By Hampton standards, which is a pretty good standard, this place is about average. The property is fairly new, showing a little age, but not much. Location is fine, close the freeway, but set back enough so there is not a lot of noise. If you are traveling on I-35 and don't want to bother with staying in the congestion of the DFW area, this is a good choice. Easy to get in and out. Again, nothing special, but Hampton is a good standard.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Rosholt S.D., United States
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This motel has a handicapped room that I and my family stayed in. There are three traveling together so 2 beds are required. One of the family members is handicapped requiring we stay in a handicapped room. My experience has been that most motels do not offer a handicapped room with 2 beds. The handicapped room we stayed in was very large with plenty of room even after we got all our luggage, medical equipment and wheelchair in the room. I will use this motel in the future if my travels take me to this area again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Charles K
Corsicana, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2014

clean but outdated room. was happy with service/staff and breakfast was ok. I would stay here again as it is one exit from casino in Oklahoma and next to a Cracker Barrel restaurant and outlet mall. otherwise there is nothing else in this town. i would stay again.

Fredericksburg, TX USA
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Clean, new, nicely furnished suite, with good complimentary breakfast. We decided at the last minute to stay at a hotel in Gainesville and are glad we chose the Hampton Inn. Our breakfast attendant was especially good at being in the hospitality business and made both my husband and I feel more welcomed than we have at other hotels.

Kerrville, Texas
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My sisters and I were planning our visit to Gainesville to visit our aunt and uncle. Previously my husband and I had always stayed at another hotel, but this trip we needed accommodations in one room for 3 adults. The Hampton was the only one I found that advertised a king and a sleeper sofa. So glad we stayed here! Everything was perfect at a very reasonable price. We'll stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank CPjoey
Dallas, United States
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We recently stayed at another large chain hotel in the area, and the bathroom smelled awful. It was very uncomfortable and we will never use this hotel again. The next stay was the Hampton, and it was a relief to be in a clean and comfortable hotel .

1 Thank Edwin B
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My partner and I wanted to plan a getaway so that we may attend Windstar Casino. We wanted a smoking room, but was a little hesitant because most smoking rooms begin to smell over the years. I must say when I walked into the room it smelled as if it had been freshly cleaned, the room was clean, the bathroom is granite decorated and the bed felt wonderful! The complimentary hot breakfast was good. We ended our wonderful stay during checkout time on Sunday and drove back to Dallas, we get a phone call to advise I left my tablet and they shipped to me for free! I will defiantly return to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CHARLOTTE R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gainesville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Gainesville
Red River Inn & Suites
Red River Inn & Suites
#4 of 4 in Thackerville
Holiday Inn Express Gainesville

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville? Share your experiences!