“Needs lots of work”

Comfort Suites Gainesville
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Had reservation for 2 nights this past weekend. As we were checking in, my wife asked about the sauna as shown on their website. Guess what no sauna staff said owner removed the sauna sometime ago when he bought the property. Website also stated a bar. Guess what no bar. Staff said corporate hasn't removed these from their website. Get to the room carpet is dirty, sheets look like they've been used for years with thin spots and walls needed painting. Shower curtain rod trying to fall down learned this after stepping into the shower. Needless to say we did not stay the second night. We checked out the next day moved to another hotel. The only saving grace for this place is the staff they were very friendly and understanding however will not stay there again.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 August 2011

The hotel allows pets and a dog was across the hallway from our room. The dog barked all morning while owners appeared to not be in the hotel anywhere. Very thin walls that allow you to hear stuff in hallway. There is not any security cameras in the parking lot. All of my stuff was stolen from my vehicle in the parking lot between 1:30 am and daylight. The hotel staff were not very concerned at all. Requested a general manager to speak to about the issues during our stay. Hotel staff said that they do not have any managers. They also refused to give the owner's name or contact information. They stated that they would have the owner contact me. Ten days and two phone calls later and haven't heard from anyone with the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Luv2TravelSome
Reviewed 4 July 2011

We took a bit of a weekend getaway with three granddaughters and had a great time in this hotel. No problems whatsoever and the kids had great fun in the pool. Close to Lake Murray in Oklahoma and easy to get around.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2011

I was impressed with this hotel from the moment I called to make a reservation for the night. The receptionist was very pleasant and accommodated my request for an early arrival. We found the hotel to be very clean, comfortable, and nicely decorated. Our suite was spacious with a king sized bed and fold-out sofa. The bathroom was also roomy and spotless. The indoor pool area felt like something you would find at a higher-priced establishment--our kids loved it. The breakfast was AMAZING. We loved our Texas-shaped waffles! I would stay here again in a heartbeat and highly recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Traveling alone for a family gathering, I needed to stop on the way. I found the hotel to be exceptionally clean, my room pleasant, the staff very helpful and the bed most comfortable. This is my second stay at a Comfort Suites - I think it is my first choice on the road!

Room Tip: Making a reservation online saves you $$
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 April 2011

I work with Choice Hotels and have stayed at several different properties throughout the years. I found this Comfort Suites online and after viewing the pictures knew I had to book it. From my very first call to the hotel I had a great feeling, Hillary (very helpful front desk clerk) confirmed my room type for me because by the pictures online I thought it was too good to be true. Her description did not disappoint me, the room was VERY impressive.
We had a spacious bathroom with the most comfortable water temp I had ever experienced CONSISTENTLY throughout our stay and for the longest showers everyone could stand (BIG BONUS). The pool was clean and fun, equipped with a spa as well. The breakfast certainly stands out in my mind! We stayed 2 nights and each morning I saw the same nice lady setting up and keeping a good eye on the breakfast to make sure everything was fresh and fully stocked. There was a different style of eggs to choose from each morning and waffles were outstanding.
The second night we stayed we were traveling from a family event back to the hotel when we encountered heavy rain, storms, and tornado warnings. We took shelter at a gas station 3 exits away from the hotel because it was hailing nearly baseball size. When there was a break in the hail we got to the hotel as quick as possible. Again, I was extremely impressed with Hillary at the front desk. Upon my entering the hotel she immediately notified our party of their safety precautions and we found each guest of the hotel SAFELY waiting in a hallway with her constant guidance in English and in Spanish, one member of my party later notified me. Not only did she deal with the chaos and uncertainty of this storm but also during a beautiful wedding reception. I did make certain to mention most of this to one of the managers at the front desk who responded they would do something for HIllary and I certainly hope they do. I would be pleased to share a position with her at the front desk at my work.
Also upon check out Lauren did a great job of making sure that when we left we saw a smiling face. I certainly appreciated all of the staff, these 2 names were the only 2 I do remember at the time.

Needless to say I was VERY pleased with my stay at this Comfort Suites and would recommend this location to anyone I know!!! Thank you for such a great experience!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2011

This is a newer hotel located right on I-35 in Gainesville. We stayed overnight after attending a concert at Winstar. We felt like it was a very good value for the money. The staff were pleasant and competent. The included breakfast was decent and even included hot items like scrambled eggs, sausage, and a waffle station. Free Internet is always nice and we accessed it with no troubles. We did not use the indoor pool area, but it looked very nice as well.

The bottom line: Great value for the money. Is it the Ritz Carleton? No. But it is new, clean, safe and more than adequate.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gainesville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Gainesville
#4 of 4 in Thackerville
Lindsay Inn
Lindsay Inn
#1 of 1 in Lindsay

Been to Comfort Suites Gainesville? Share your experiences!