“Nice place!”

Comfort Suites Gainesville
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We were going to Winstar for a concert and decided we would spend the night. Our room was huge. It very clean and so convenient to the casino. Our only complaint was we could hear the ice machine in the middle of the night. Usual breakfast but the dining area was pretty big. We'll stay again.

Room Tip: Try to stay far away from the ice machine.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank melwilden
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Gainesville

Reviewed 6 October 2013

My wife and I have stayed here 6-8 times over the past 4 years. The location is great for us on our way to Pensacola from CO. For several months this hotel had been dropped from Choice for management problems, having only a manager who comes in once a week and whenever, there is no one with the power to resolve even the smallest concerns. I booked a rate via Choice Hotels and two days later someone at the hotel increased it. Took myself and Choice Customer Service reps several phone calls to resolve the issue. This hotel is still messed up on its Choice web site as to rates. A beautiful hotel but needs someone in charge or at least a person who is on call who can resolve problems.

Room Tip: Make sure of your rate before checking in. Evan with a confirmation in hand this hotel can get it s...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We stayed here one night while traveling through Gainesville. It was quite comfortable and clean. We would definitely stay here again. Also, it was reasonably priced. The room we were given was handicapped accessible which we didn't request, which we found odd but was no problem.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We stayed here 1 night. They are upgrading and this is a nice property. Our room was very spacious and clean. We would stay here again. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful. We were driving a semi truck and trailer. There is street parking. So many times hotels do not accommodate 18 wheelers. This hotel is suitable for all ages!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 January 2013

My wife and I had a bad experience that the staff could not correct. I was told no manager was on duty, and they didn't know when a manager would come on duty. Upon leaving, I had to pay the full amount without having the issue resolved. I was told a manager would call me. When I didn't receive a call, I called the 1-800 number and was told a manager was REQUIRED to call within 36 hours - I never received a call. I don't believe they have management staff, which is reflected in the many problems we encountered that the staff were out of their depth to solve. If they do have management, they don't care that this property is run very poorly. This property was difficult to get to, noise telegraphed through the walls, arrive early for breakfast because they don't refill anything, the smell of chlorine permeated the building, and the service of the staff was some of the worst I've encountered while traveling.

Room Tip: Drive closer to the Red River, to the Hampton or La Quinta perhaps which are cheaper or at least the...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cockneypondjumper
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Due to some minor construction this hotel was a little tricky to get to the parking lot. But once we figured it out it was fine. The staff and hotel were very nice. I loved it was 100% smoke free. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank kiowanative
Reviewed 31 December 2012

There was a group of young drunks having a party above us. The paperthin walls allowed sound to travel. Had trouble getting front desk on phone, and when reached they were unsuccessful getting them to quiet down after midnight on a Sunday night. So bad their Jacuzzi caused leak in my ceiling. Next day, still no manager; I was given her card so I could try to call but no one knew when management staff would be on duty. At breakfast, staff didn't refill basics like milk. My $200 a night room also backed up to overflowing garbage containers that spanned quarter of hotel. Lots of construction, making getting to hotel difficult on a small gravel road. Nonexistent customer service. Locally owned so no help from 800 #. Worst stay ever!!!! Stay at Hampton or La Quinta cuz this is an overpriced nightmare.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank OkieGurl81
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gainesville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Gainesville
#9 of 12 in Gainesville
Red River Inn & Suites
Red River Inn & Suites
#4 of 4 in Thackerville

Been to Comfort Suites Gainesville? Share your experiences!