“Great place to crash after a night at the Winstar.”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My wife and I found a babysitter and hopped on the motorcycle for a quick ride up to the Winstar World Casino and Resort this past Friday. I called ahead and reserved a room at the Comfort Suites in Gainesville through Hotels.com. Most of the time when booking through a discount website like that, the hotel staff is less than thrilled that the stay wasn't booked directly through the hotel. This was an exception for sure. The staff was very courteous and helpful. We stopped in on the way to the casino, dropped of our overnight bag and on the way out the employee at the counter was very nice and wished us good luck at the casino. The beds at this particular location were GREAT. I travel a good bit for business and I put up with a lot of less than stellar beds, but this one suited me great. The hotel was undergoing a bit of a remodel in a few spots, but they did a great job of keeping the mess to an absolute minimum and it didn't affect our stay one bit. Great place to spend a night on a spontaneous trip to the casino. :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Idalia I, Manager at Comfort Suites Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Francisco Zuniga
Operartions Manager
Comfort Suites Gainesville, Tx

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I have stayed at many Comfort Suites across the country. I was disappointed in this one for sure. Construction was in progress on the property. I don't mind updates, but this was a little much. Painting contractors were outside on a man lift painting the building. They blocked the entrance to the main door and they blocked me in after I parked. Really! I thought the customer came first. Not in this case! During our 16 hr stay, I left the property 2-3 times. Each time, I had to avoid the man lift.

Our room was not the usual Comfort Suites style. The room was dirty. The beds were not made up well. AND my biggest complaint of all, the door bolt would not lock. That is a big safety issue in my book!

Overall, I was disappointed in the Comfort Suites. We checked out ASAP..

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank R D
Idalia I, Manager at Comfort Suites Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear, Guest
Thank you for sparing your time in completing our Feedback Form, Your comments will help us serve you and all our guest better in the future.
We apologies for the inconvenience that this may have caused to you. The hotel is actively working to improve service levels and your feedback has proved to be invaluable.
We continue to be committed to provide you and all our guests with the highest standard of service in the industry.
If you have any clarification please don’t hesitate to call us.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

There was a drip in the bathtub that had been there a while, there was rust. Bathroom vent was full of dust and the room safe did not work. Reported to the front desk but nothing was addressed in the three days we stayed there. Left a note at checkout.
Hallways did not seem clean. Had to ask housekeeping for clean towels.
Comfortable beds. Good location.
Breakfast choices disappointing.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Vicki D
Idalia I, Manager at Comfort Suites Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Guest:
On behalf of our entire team please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay at the Comfort Suites Gainesville
We strive to ensure our patrons experience the best visits possible during their travels and we fell short of our goal this time.
As a testament to our strive for perfection, we have taken steps to ensure that this will never happen again.
We hope you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us in your next visit. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or comments concerning your stay. Thank you.

Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 24 April 2014

The rooms were ok but already very used it was not cleaned up good. The pool was horrible, dirty and the Jacuzzi was not heated. We checkt out and took another Hotel in Gainesville. The breakfast was ok.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Enja L
Reviewed 31 March 2014

At first glance, the hotel seemed nice. Beautiful staircase as you enter. Upon closer inspection, the hallways were filthy! The carpets appear to not have been vacuumed for quite some time. The floors were dirty too. The men's restroom in the lobby had only a bar of soap and it looked like someone had vomited in the sink.
Breakfast was not what you would expect for the price we paid. There was no cream for the coffee. I could have used milk but they were out of that too. No orange juice either. As we left, we noticed garbage all over the property near the dumpster area and garbage and cigarette butts everywhere near the entrance. I asked the front desk why they wouldn't have gone to a local grocery store to purchase milk and cream. They obviously have no power to change anything. I asked to be compensated but the lady said all she could do was say that she was sorry. What an unrewarding job that must be for her.
I mean no offense to the Roadway Inn with the title of my review. I bet it would be cleaner at the Roadway. I would not stay at the Comfort Suites again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank mykidsmama

Dear Guest,

Front Desk Manager
Comfort Suites Gainesville, Tx

Reviewed 23 March 2014

The rooms were very clean. Very comfortable beds. Clean and safe ground.The hot breakfast was not what we expected for the price & not a good selection. We could have stayed at a less expensive hotel if we would have known that.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We booked this hotel for a late Valentine's getaway. The curb appeal was great. The location was also great. The casino was maybe a few exits down from the hotel. The rooms were clean and stocked well. The only complaint I have is that the hot tub was out of order. But, overall this was a great hotel. The staff was also nice and respectful.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Softface2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gainesville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Gainesville
#1 of 1 in Lindsay
Red River Inn & Suites
Red River Inn & Suites
#4 of 4 in Thackerville

Been to Comfort Suites Gainesville? Share your experiences!