“Just what we needed”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Gainesville
“Just what we needed”
Reviewed 28 September 2011

Neat and clean but not fancy, basic furniture, and a great price. They offered multiple discounted rates, like AARP, military, etc. There is a restaurant right next door for breakfast or lunch. The staff was very pleasant. We stayed here for 3 nights during our visit to the Winstar Casino in Thackerville, OK, just about 15 min away. The room, which was freshly painted and seemed to be updated, was equipped with a desk and chair, dresser, flatscreen tv, fridge, microwave, table for two, ironing board, iron, hair dryer, and a king sized bed, which was very comfy. The towels were a little small, but we asked for more and got them right away. Plus, they have free wi-fi. I would definitely recommend this motel, and would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank shannon165

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Fort Worth
Reviewed 14 October 2010

We were looking for an inexpensive room just to sleep in for one night. We planned to spend all our time at Winstar which is a short 15-minute drive away. There were other hotels closer and nicer, but we liked the price of this hotel. It was such a great price we might have been afraid to try it, had it not been for the tripadvisor reviews. We were very pleased with the check-in experience. We had booked a king bed because it was cheaper. At check-in, I asked if the king really cost less. The desk clerk volunteered that if I wanted two double beds he would give them to me for the same low price. After we got to the room he called to see if the room had everything we needed. We could have asked for a second hand towel, but we didn't, because we were in a hurry to drop the luggage off and get to Winstar. The room was clean and bright, but not well decorated. There was a refrigerator and microwave and coffeemaker. The towels were threadbare and the sheets were slightly rough. There was a faint, but not unpleasant smell of incense, which my husband didn't notice. We could hear the street traffic, but most of the time the sound of the air conditioner drowned it out.. If you are picky, don't book here, but if you want a good bargain, this is the place. The people were very nice. The next morning my husband went to the lobby looking for decaf coffee. They did not have any. When I turned in the keys later, the desk clerk recognized me and apologized. He told me he would have decaf next time. We didn't try the pastries and cereal because we were off to the free senior breakfast at Winstar. We plan to stay here again when we go back to Winstar.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Daxpatel, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 23 May 2011
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and am thankful that you posted your thoughts on Tripadvisor. I look forward to seeing you again, and will have a hot cup of decaf waiting.

Dax
Weatherford, Texas
Reviewed 19 September 2010

The price of this hotel met our budget, and we were happy to find out the hotel met our standards, too. It was very clean, and the staff was very courteous. We had a great night's sleep. We will definitely use this hotel in the future. We highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MMH101
Hello, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and had a good night sleep this is very important when you are traveling. I look forward to seeing you again.

Dax
Houston, TX
Reviewed 7 May 2009

Nice & comfy. Price is very for this type of motel.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank JTM6
San Antonio
Reviewed 31 January 2008

I will never book into America's Best Value Inn again. The entire trip was a nightmare. The room was not exactly clean, the bathroom was too small to even turn around in, the phone didn't work, and the a/c was marginal. I could hear conversations from the next room, and traffic on the highway outside sounded like it was two feet away. This was definitely a bad choice. I could not cancel and move to another hotel, as my husband had booked this thru the internet Expedia or Hotels.com which had a no cancellation policy. I now look at listings a little closer and am more aware of cancellation policies. But, I now know to stay away from these hotels ...no matter how tempting the price.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
5 Thank DPacka

Travellers are raving about these Gainesville hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gainesville
Super 8 Gainesville TX
Lindsay Inn
Lindsay Inn
#1 of 1 in Lindsay
Best Western Red River Inn & Suites

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!