“Needs friendlier employees”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Gainesville
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed 1 February 2014

This hotel was clean, safe and in a good location. The staff was unfriendly. Front desk woman, woman working on the breakfast area and a maid all acted like we were an annoyance. Although the hotel seems new it seems put together too quickly. The bathroom door did not fit so we couldn't close the door tightly. The room door also didn't fit and it took slamming the door hard to get it to latch. We were put in a room directly above the lobby on the 2nd floor - there is a balcony there that overlooks the lobby. Noisiest room ever!!! Through our ill-fitting room door, we could hear everything that went on in the lobby all night! We could even hear the hotel phone ring & the desk clerk answer it, etc. Once people started going for breakfast at 6:00 am we could hear everyone! Impossible to sleep!

Room Tip: Don't get a room at the front of the hotel due to road noise. Don't get room on the 2nd flo...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I checked into this property on January 28, 2014 using my debit card. The gal at the front desk did not appear to know what she was doing. She said that my card had been denied. After attempting to run the card several times, I gave her my husbands card. Again she said it was denied. I then paid her cash ($95.00). She assured me that it did not charge my account t. When I got to the roon I did on line banking and there it was. $95 x 5 charges pending on my card. I called her and she said she would call her manager. She then called me back and said it would take 3 to 5 days to clear and I needed to call my bank. The money wasn't actually taken out of the account, just "tied up" as if it was spent. The manager was supposed to call me that day...never did. She called this morning and basically said she didn't know why the gal ran it so many times but nothing she could do. So, my almost $500 is in limbo because La Quinta doesn't have competent people working for them. Be very careful with your debit card....La Quinta will not help you.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank jean w
Reviewed 26 January 2014

The hotel it self is excellent hotel. Room is clean, well furnished, nice clean indoor swimming pool and free complimentary breakfast. I stayed in suite room on the corner price was reasonable not expensive compare to other hotel though it was expensive compare to other La Quinta in other cities. Everything was good except my next door had a dog. I believe that they left the dog by himself and went to casino. So the dog was barking all day long. I assume it was small dog because of it's sounds. I love dog. Don't get me wrong. But hotel needs to regulate and let customer know that they can't leave dog by himself or herself. Other that that I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sean K
A TripAdvisor Member
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I'm on my first ever fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants road trip! Booked my room a few hours before I arrived. Friendly, knowledgeable lady at the front desk. I encountered happy guests in the lobby, on the elevator and at breakfast. Everything worked in my room :) Great experience!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2014

There is nothing really wrong with this hotel. It is fairly new, room was clean and well furnished and a comfortable bed. But when there are many others with the same features it helps to have a little more. Unfortunately the service here was pretty poor. The front desk clerks were sloppily dressed and just not friendly. Seemed more interested in playing with whatever it was on their phones then actually providing any kind of help. If that doesn't bother you at all, its a decent stop off on I35 on the way to wherever your going. But for a chain 3 star, service can and should be better.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
A La Quinta traveler
Harker Heights, Texas
Reviewed 7 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank A La Quinta traveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gainesville
Comfort Suites Gainesville
Holiday Inn Express Gainesville
Lindsay Inn
Lindsay Inn
#1 of 1 in Lindsay

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Gainesville? Share your experiences!