“Jethro Clampett's Tractor Pull Weekend”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Gainesville
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed 10 June 2014

They have a very professional staff who were warm and inviting from booking the room all the way to checking out. The rooms were clean. I booked last minute and the only suite that was available was smoking; when I entered the room there was not an over bearing smoke smell which was a pleasant surprise.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is a La Quinta - my experience with this chain is that in general, they're a little rough around the edges. I usually end up feeling like I slightly over paid when I stay at a La Quinta, and that is saying something because they aren't terribly expensive.

There wasn't anything horrible about this hotel. The room was large. It wasn't obviously dirty or in disrepair. We stayed in a room with a jacuzzi tub and it was clean and worked properly. The A/C kept the room nice and cool.

The hotel also had a pool and hot tub and both had lifts to help those with disabilities get in and out -- VERY cool to see!

That's pretty much the good. The bad was all little stuff - the bed frame seemed broken and we slept miserably (obviously, other rooms probably had fine beds). The carpet looked clean, but felt dirty so I kept my sandals on. The bathroom was very odd and needed a good scrubbing to really feel comfortable (there was also mold on the ceiling, although it looked recent so I can't hold it against them too much).

The hotel property was very plain - mostly cement where most hotels would have plant beds. There was not very much grass for my dog to walk on. The adjacent field is very overgrown and uneven, so although the hotel accepts pets there's not much area for them to stretch their legs. Also, the small grass areas were covered with poop - gross on behalf of petowners, and gross on the part of the hotel who should at least pick up what the owners don't.

I don't plan on staying here again - not because I had a particularly terrible time, but because for the price I think I can find an all-around better place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Great hotel to stay at if you are attending a concert at Winstar Casino. It is just a short distance away and very easy to locate. The breakfast was really good. I liked the scrambled eggs and bacon. I thought they had a nice selection of food to choose from. The air conditioning in the room is a little noisy when it comes on. Overall it was a good value and I would stay there again and recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Lori M
A TripAdvisor Member
Hereford, Texas
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed here because as teachers we got a discount through a professional organization (Thanks LQ) and even before we checked that rate, their other rates were competetive. We needed an affordable hotel close to the Winstar because we had concert tickets. When we arrived check in went smooth and the staff was friendly. Clean comfortable room with breakfast included. Thanks for everything!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Autumn D, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for your review and all that you do as a Teacher, I'm sure you don't get the recognition you deserve for taking care of and teaching our future. If you are ever in need of a hotel in this area we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

If you want to feel welcomed and cared for, then stay at this hotel! It has been a long time since my check-in, guest experience and check out went smoothly! I love to stay here when I make my frequent business trips from OKC to Dallas.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

I am very glad to hear you have enjoyed your stay here with us, and hope we will see you again as you make your trips between Oklahoma and Texas.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Room was O.K. ,the smell of smoke was prevelation even though we were in a nonsmoking room. My wife commented to me that the sheets had an odor, not a unclen odor, a smokey odor. Don't think I have been in a hotel with smoking rooms and non on the same floor recently. Sorry price was good but won't be back.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

I'm sorry to hear of your discomfort while staying with us.

A TripAdvisor Member
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Awesome experience! Great service. Clean room and bathroom! We came to hotel around midnight and receptionist was very friendly as it was noon. We were so tired from long drive but bed was so comfortable and we were resting well. Breakfast was great bonus and was delicious. Overall. ...this was a quality stay (not just one time, two tomes already).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay hope to see you soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gainesville
Comfort Suites Gainesville
#4 of 4 in Thackerville
Lindsay Inn
Lindsay Inn
#1 of 1 in Lindsay

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Gainesville? Share your experiences!