“Mostly Ghostly!!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 52 Hotels in Galveston
Spicewood, Texas
“Mostly Ghostly!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

It Was A Beautiful Place, The Staff Was Very Nice And Always Had A Smile On Their Face. Me, My Aunt And Sister Went To The Ladies Restroom Downstairs And Its Been Said That 12:00 Is When The Most Paranormal Activity Is Reported. They Say The Stronger The Smell Of Gardinas In The Restroom The More Paranormal Activity. And The Toilets Are NOT Supposed To Flush By Their Selves. My Phone App Had A Ghost Hunter Detector And Said There Was A Ghost Right next To Us. We Were In The Last Stall And No Where Near The Toilet And It Flushed And We Ran Out, Also My Aunt Had Fainted And Fell On The Restroom Floor And My Sister Came And Got Me And My Aunt Didn't Remember Falling Or Anything. It Was Very Exciting. The Pic At The End Of The Hall Of Bernardo Galvez Is Said To Be Haunted By Him And Some people Can See A Skeleton In His Face And His Eyes Are Said To Follow You. The Place Was Very Nice And We Had A Beautiful View Of Outside. Their Pool Has A Bar Were You Can Swim Up To It And They Had An AMAZING Hot Tub. It Was Freezing Outside And That Hot Tub Made It Feel Like Summer. Although.... The Lights In Our Room Kept Going On And Off When We Turnt Them Off And The Light In The Closet Went Out And When My Uncle Looked At It They Were Back On. Some Parts Were Scary But Its A Haunted Hotel So..... And Even Though It Was Scary It Was One Of The Best Times Of My Life. A Great Place To Go On Vacation Or To Just Go Ghost Hunting. They Also Have Bikes That Are Free That You Can Ride On The Seawalk....... Amazing!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WyndhamGalveston, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Galvez & Spa A Wyndham Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Thank you for sharing your "ghostly" experience on your stay at Hotel Galvez. You may be interested in our free Ghost Tour App. Look for it in your App Store and you can download it for free. We hope that you will return for our guided ghost tours in October.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (468)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

What a gem! Great staff and service at this beautiful historic hotel. Ocean fromt king room was very comfortable with a great bed. This magnificant hotel has a great resturant with many menu choices. I was very pleased with the presentation, taste and service. The weather was too cool to use the pool, but it looked like a very nice place to lounge when the weather is appropriate. Two very big thumbs up to the very nice bar staff.

As a top contributor, I 100% recommend this hotel and will tell everyone who considers visiting Galveston.

Well Done!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Beachfinder66
Thank you for the glowing review on your stay at Hotel Galvez. Thank you for the recommendation and we hope that you will stay with us again very soon. By the way, the pool is heated so even if it's a little chilly you should give it a try. Thanks again.
Rowlett, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Galvez for a romantic retreat. The hotel is gorgeous and the rooms didn't disappoint. My king room had a semi view of the gulf but the weather and fog didn't give me much of a chance to look out the window. Still enjoyed the room and the bed is really comfortable. Decent sized bathroom and the water pressure was wonderful. Enjoyed the breakfast buffet on Sunday morning as well. This is just a great hotel, beautiful inside and out. The staff is accommodating, helpful and courteous. Will being going back to this hotel for sure.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gina C
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your romantic retreat with your husband at Hotel Galvez. By the way, you may be interested in our Wedding Vow Renewal in June. We look forward to your return visit.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

The hotel and food was wonderful and relaxing. I really enjoyed access to the bikes to get around quickly on the seawall. We also spent time in the spa and found all the personnel extremely professional and skilled. My one complaint is the desk person at the spa. I had arrived on time but the rest of my party was delayed by the ice. When I called, she said I could just come with the rest of the group. However, my treatment was cut by more than half because of the delay. I could have been there. I was just upstairs in my hotel room. Very sad.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

1 Thank Denise H
WyndhamGalveston, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Galvez & Spa A Wyndham Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Galvez and that you were able to enjoy the complimentary bicycles and the spa. Thank you for sharing the issue in the spa. We appreciate your feedback. We hope that you will stay with us again soon.