I stayed at the hotel over the smaller Mardi Gras weekend. When I checked in I was given a handicapped room. I called to let them know I didn't need handicap access, and they said all the rooms were like the one I was in (I know they are not).
Enjoyed a nice drink at the bar a good breakfast in the morning and thought, well I won't judge the hotel on the front desk person not being truthful.
I went to the valet to get my car. After waiting 5-10 minutes, a family came out complaining very loudly about the hotel service and got extremely mad when they found their car had been valet parked when they said they were just checking on a rate. Long story end, their car was brought before mine. LAST STRAW. Unless it is an off the chart low price, I will not consider staying at this hotel when other offer so much better of a customer service experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Galvez & Spa, A Wyndham Grand® Hotel and National Trust Historic Hotel of America, is the only historic beachfront hotel on the Texas Gulf Coast. This 224-room, century-old hotel offers 13,000 square feet of meeting space, a 9,763-square-foot spa, fitness center, full-service restaurant, lobby bar and pool with a swim-up bar. The hotel is rated four diamonds by AAA and is owned by Galveston preservationist George Mitchell as part of Mitchell Historic Properties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Galvez & Spa A Wyndham Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Galvez And Spa, a Wyndham Grand Hotel
- Hotel Galvez Wyndham Historic
- Wyndham Galveston
- Galveston Wyndham
- Galvez Hotel Galveston