This hotel, located on the beach side it on of the oldest monument of the area... i can see!
Room is ok, bathtub is not big enough to fit in though and shower temperature is hard to regulate... either burning hot, either ice cold...
The music in the lobby is ok, but after few days, it is annoying and too loud.
The laundry bag is not picked up in the rooms, you have to bring it to the desk counter in the lobby.
Personnel is either obsequious, either a bit rude.
Depending on your room it can be a bit noisy, due to the old AC system.
There is nothing around... you have to take you car to go anywhere nice...
In general, i would not recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Galvez & Spa, A Wyndham Grand® Hotel and National Trust Historic Hotel of America, is the only historic beachfront hotel on the Texas Gulf Coast. This 224-room, century-old hotel offers 13,000 square feet of meeting space, a 9,763-square-foot spa, fitness center, full-service restaurant, lobby bar and pool with a swim-up bar. The hotel is rated four diamonds by AAA and is owned by Galveston preservationist George Mitchell as part of Mitchell Historic Properties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Galvez & Spa A Wyndham Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Galvez And Spa, a Wyndham Grand Hotel
- Hotel Galvez Wyndham Historic
- Wyndham Galveston
- Galveston Wyndham
- Galvez Hotel Galveston