“Would have had a great rating but for housekeeping.”

Four Points By Sheraton Galveston
Ranked #29 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Most comfortable beds, quiet rooms, nice large rooms, very friendly staff, wonderful location. What's the down side? Housekeeping. The won't/don't leave any shampoo, conditioner, soap or enough towels. We had to ask repeatedly and finally the Maintenance Director got us some soap. There were two light bulbs actually missing in the light fixtures, but brought to their attention was fixed immediately. Loved staying, will stay again. But will bring my own soap, shampoo and conditioner. Too bad, other wise would have been a 5 star rating. The room was clean.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Gilbert M, General Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Galveston, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2012

Thanks for the comments. I know we have some challenges in housekeeping and I am working hard to train and develop the staff. It simply is holding people accountable for thier work. I am doing room inspections to inspect what I expect from them. This will teach them and let them know I care to take the time to review what they are doing. Thanks and hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 12 October 2012

...Worst! The staff says it all in their faces as they seemed unhappy to be working there. The few I had contact with seemed to be going through the motions in a daze. They need to be re-trained to the Starwood hospitality program. Avoid this hotel if you can, however, it is ok for a day, or two if you need a room with little fanfare.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

When I started on early November 2012 I noticed the same thing as far as the staff attitude. I am excited to be the leader of this property and want the staff to know I will support them in any way I can. I have held many training meetings to get them to know the ways of Starwood and that the customers and SPG are the key to success. I hope that I can make a difference and I know we have accomplished quite a bit already. You can see a positive attitude now. I hope you will return and give as another chance.

Reviewed 6 October 2012

My Galveston visit was business related. I really didn't have much free time to enjoy the Island of Galveston. The hotel staff is nice. Location is across from Pleasure Pier. Down side of staying here was the house keeping They didn't replace soap even though they took the old one, condition dispenser was empty, and coffee and tea wasn't replaced. Beds were very comfortable. Would I stay again? If the price was right, I can over look house keeping issues.

Room Tip: Stay away from elevators. Run fans all night to dry the carpet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

We appreciate you feedback and so sorry you could not really enjoy Galveston Island. We hope you can return and see what the island has to offer. I have taken your housekkeping issues and shared them with the staff to inform and train them on the details of cleaning and follow-up. We hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 1 October 2012

Ok, to start. When checking in. I found a man in shorts, wearing a sports tank top. And the man was covered with tatoo. He was the employee behind the counter. No uniform for any of the staff. It was had to tell who was the staff and who was the customer. When ordering room service at 7:30pm. I was told I could not do this because, "The girl that handles the room service decided to go home early. My a/c was so loud that I thought I had a jet engine in my room. Which this made it next to impossible to sleep. Upon returning to my room the next day. The floors where not cleaned. Trash was not emptyed, and the old used towels where still on the floor where I had left them. But, my bad was made. Over all I would not stay here again and I sure would not put any of my clients in this hotel when they are visiting. This hotel is not up to the standards as an Four Points by Sheraton.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Maunak D, General Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Galveston, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

Dear Not for Me,

We're sorry that your stay didn't meet your expectations at our hotel. I'm very suprised that there was a person in shorts behind the counter and that your room was not clean but the beds were made. I have shared these comments directly with staff. If you have any other concerns please feel free to call us directly at the hotel.

Reviewed 23 September 2012

Management a bunch of liars. Cleaning staff doesn't know what they are doing and stole electronic equipment we had left. A/c noisy as crap. Elevators are slow, one was out of order. Some rooms have a view of a big red wall what the heck were they thinking...

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Powerwater

Dear What a Joke,

We are sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. We respectfully disagree with your comments. Please feel free to call us directly at the hotel if you have any other concerns.

Reviewed 20 September 2012

Not a bad location, across from the Pier with lots of entertainment. The hotel was nice, bed was great!! Got a suite with an ocean facing balcony, well worth it!!
Staff was not so great, except for the bar staff that was excellent.
Only two elevators service the entire building and during the entire 3 day stay, only one was operational. I can deal with that, but when the cleaning staff is moving carts up and down, there is no room and you may wait 10 minutes for the elevator again.

Room Tip: Get the suite with ocean balcony!! Well worth it.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank VATravel36

Dear Todd W,

Thank you for your review. We're happy to note that both elevators of the main building are now functioning correctly. Also, next time try to king suite in the main building, it doesn't have a balcony however it has impressive views from two sides of the building!

Reviewed 9 September 2012 via mobile

Blood stain on underside of comforter (see picture)! Hotel double charged us and took FOREVER to correct it. Elevator ridiculously slow. Almost always had to take stairs. Disappointing because its a GREAT LOCATION!

• Stayed: August 2012
Maunak D, General Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Galveston, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2012

Dear Geiggi,

Thank you for your review. I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experiences you had during your stay. We encourage all guests to verify the accuracy of their bill through our e-folios and/or the front desk prior to leaving the hotel, to ensure billing accuracy. Therefore it's suprising that there was a billing issue that wasn't correct in a timely manner. The same applies for housekeeping, where we try to ensure rooms are comfortable and clean with room inspections by the executive housekeeper after they are cleaned by the room attendant. However, I have passed on your comments to the appropriate department managers for review and all actions will be taken to correct these problem areas. I would like to thank you again for your comments and suggestions and we hope to see you again in the future.