“Don't stay on the first floor”

Four Points By Sheraton Galveston
Ranked #29 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 May 2013

We stayed here on a weekend for a wedding in May. Because we arrived around 6pm and the hotel was completely booked, we were the last to check in for our room type and were stuck with the very first room by the reception. Absolutely terrible. Every time a person would walk by, you could hear. To get to the elevators of the hotel you have to pass the first few rooms. It was loud all night, and then around 6am when breakfast started, it got even louder. Luckily we called the morning after our first night and requested a new room. We were moved up to the fourth floor, and it was much better. The walls still seemed pretty thin, but it definitely wasn't as bad as the first floor room. Something good worth mentioning - the beds are amazing! Super comfortable with great linens and pillows. I was even looking into the Sheraton Home website to see what it would cost to get one of my own :)

Room Tip: Request a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Gilbert M, General Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Galveston, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

We thank you for your business. I do understand the first floor situation and from time to time we do get a lively crowd in the bar. I will make sure the staff understands to have the hallway door close at 10pm to help with the noise.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

Sheraton Four Points in Galveston, Texas, charged me for a reservation that I cancelled WEEKS before the intended stay date. I will never stay at a Sheraton property again after my experience with the Four Points in Galveston, Texas. I made a reservation for May 17-19, then changed plans. I cancelled the reservation online a day or so after making it (a month before the intended stay) and received a confirmation number. Four days before the cancelled reservation I received an email from the hotel about "my upcoming stay"! I called immediately to make sure the reservation was cancelled. I gave the clerk the cancellation number I had received online and she said, "How did you make the reservation?" I told her it was done through the Galveston.com website, to which she replied, "Oh, that's the Galveston.com cancellation number not OUR cancellation number." So I cancelled it over the phone with her for the SECOND time and got another cancellation number. I called again before the reservation dates to be completely certain it was cancelled. I talked to a customer service rep, who double checked everything and assured me it was cancelled. That rep emailed me a cancellation number. So on May 18--tonight--I checked my bank account and found that Four Points in Galveston had charged me for a reservation I no longer had. I called to have the money returned to my account. The clerk who answered the phone said she couldn't find the cancellation--but then determined that I had actually cancelled the reservation three days before the dates. Then she said I had THREE reservations--nope, I said, I had to cancel ONE reservation three times. I asked to speak to a manager. She said the manager was gone for the day but would be in tomorrow morning. She said the money couldn't be returned to my account until Monday because the banks are closed. "We'll have to call the bank and have the money put back in your account."

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for the feedback. We do appreciate the good with the bad. In fact I have spoken to you on this matter and come to realize that it was a simple mistake on our part by not verifing reservations from another source that is not interfaced with our system. Something like that can sownball into something larger. This information has prompted us to update our daily checklist to ensure it does not happen again.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

Only real negative is the in room in-wall air conditioner that makes enough noise to wake you up. A slight issue is the additional charge for breakfast that is ala carte! Rooms are clean and staff are professional and pleasant.

Not sure I would stay there again with so many offering the free breakfast and central air conditioning.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be okay for noise - other than the air conditioner
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

I am very pleased that that you enjoyed your stay with us. Having guest take the time to write reviews really means alot to us. I read them to the staff so that they understand what our guest are saying. This salt air really does a number on these a/c units. We are constantly cleaning and replacing motors. We apologize and do hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 15 May 2013 via mobile

I feel that the cleanliness could have been a little better (I have high standards) but for the money, the location is great! The parking is kind of tight but not unbearable. The staff was friendly and accommodating. I would not have a problem staying there again especially if I was interested in Pleasure Pier (very close).

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you so much for your business. We do have a great location, however I want our product and service to be just as important. I am working closely with our housekeeping staff to ensure a consistant clean product. Once again thanks and hope you stay with us again.

Reviewed 26 April 2013

We stayed at this hotel overnight prior to embarking on a cruise. The hotel was nice enough. Rooms clean. Hotel breakfast in restaurant was not very good. The real problem came when we wanted to get transportation to the port. It was a Sunday and the wait for a taxi was over one and a half hours! There were probably 40-50 people trying to get transportation and the desk clerk says this happens every Sunday!! As the hotel is convenient to the port, I believe it is the responsibility of the hotel to inform patrons of accessibility and lack of that to reach the port! Think twice before you book here.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Gilbert M, General Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Galveston, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

Thank you for the feedback. We are seeing an increase of business for the outgoing cruises out of the Port of Galveston. We are in the process of gathering information on either leasing/buying a large van or contracted out with a shuttle service. We will find the right solution so that guest do not have to wait for a taxi. Thank you.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

Amazing location in the heart of Galveston. Close to Pleasure Pier. The hotel is clean and the best part was bed. Sheraton has the most comfortable bed. I don't know how much it costs per night because I used my SPG points. I wish we stayed a few nights to enjoy Galveston.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Thank you very much. We look forrward to your next visit.

Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

We (wife and young daughter) really enjoyed our stay at 4 points. The location can't be beat as you can walk everywhere you need. Customer service was excellent as was the suite we stayed in. Pool was cold, which is probably good in the summer but was unusable in the spring. They have cribs available. Our room was clean, and had a great view of the ocean. It also had a microwave, fridge and two separate rooms so we could put the kiddo to sleep and hangout in the other room. The ac was loud, but it never woke up the kid.

Overall, the best part was the excellent customer service that I have come to expect from a Starwood Hotel. I will look this place up next time we are in Galveston for sure.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Josh K

We appreciate the great comments. We are delighted you had a great time.