“Great service! See Jackie at the bar great bartender!!”

Four Points By Sheraton Galveston
Ranked #31 of 52 Hotels in Galveston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Southside, Alabama
“Great service! See Jackie at the bar great bartender!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

Great service! Make sure you see Jackie at the bar! great bartender!! Can't say enough about the service. Nice comfortable beds. Clean rooms. Nice place to stay with a lot of good food around. I'll stay there again!

• Stayed January 2014
Robert M, General Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Galveston, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did! I am glad to read that you really enjoyed your stay and I look forward to sharing your positive comment with our bartender, Jackie. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Galveston!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Grand Prairie, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

We stay here before going out on cruise; allow us to leave car there for week. Staff are awesome, rooms clean, all we need. Location is great also.
There is a restaurant in hotel, but breakfast is an extra charge. However, good food and service.

Room Tip: We like the top floor in main building.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Robert M, General Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Galveston, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
I am glad to hear that your stay went great! Thanks for the great review!
Houston, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

I've stayed at various places on the Seawall, but this has now become my favorite! It is reasonable and well-located, but the greatest thing of all is the quality of the staff: always friendly and always going the second mile! Case in point: on my last stay, I was surprised with a candle-topped dessert after they learned it was my birthday!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
I am glad to hear that we were able to make your birthday a little more special! Thanks for taking the time to review us and we hope to see you again!
Jasper, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

we decided to stay here cause the Suite we got faced the Beach and you can see the Ferris wheel from our room- everything was great till the morning- Girlfriend took her shower --no Prob-- I got in and started loosing hot water- finally had to splash off the soap with ice cold water; when I checked out the clerk said there was nothing she could do about it; I asked for a mgr and she said he was not in and I'd have to call back to talk to him; called back the next day and tried to talk to mgr and clerk said he was too busy to talk to me know and he'd call back-waited all day- I finally called the corporate off and complained and SURPRISE the mgr calls me back within 15 mins- told him my prob and he says he can only refund me 30% of my bill- Poorly trained staff- Mgr has a don't give a damn attitude and I got soap drying in places it shouldn't be-- As the Raven said and my recommendation to you on this Hotel --"NEVERMORE"

1 Thank TobyPennington
Hi, Mr. Pennington.

I am sorry to hear that your stay did not go as well as it should have and I apologize we couldn't make things right when you called back. We will definitely use your feedback to better service our guests in the future. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did.

Travellers are raving about these Galveston hotels

Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

I've been trying to figure out how to do this review now for over a month. So I decided to just go with the facts. I'm giving the hotel a 2/5. I'll go over the reasons below.

We booked a Disney Cruise for December 14th, 2013 and started our search for a hotel in Galveston for the night of the 13th. We did a lot of checking around and decided to go with the Four Points as our location of choice.

I called them and asked a couple of questions about parking. Even though they "gave parking" for a small cost we decided to just pay at the port and avoid all the possible headaches of leaving it at the hotel.

We booked online through Booking.com. We did all the gound work and booked the hotel at the start of October 2013.

All was good and on November 13th, 2013 our credit card was charged for the room. I didn't think anything about that, since I thought it was done to "secure" the room for our December 13th, 2013 reservation.

When we arrived at the hotel on the night of the December 13th, they didn't have a reservation from us. They said "sorry" but you don't have a room. I promptly showed them my booking.com confirmation for the room that night and the front hostess said "oh, not another one of these...". Apparently they've had some issue with the online booking company? The hostess was able to find us the exact room we booked but apologized for it being on the 1st floor. Since we had been up since 3AM to make our flight we didn't have any issues with noise that night.

The only reason I'm giving this 2 stars is the room was nice. Everything was perfect and it was comfy. We had a good room service breakfast the next morning also. Perfect as we left for the cruise.

The bad stuff now...

The supper we ate the night of the 13th was "fish and chips". We thought, awesome. Here we are on the shore of the Gulf of Mexico, let's have some fish and chips. We were not expecting frozen fish sticks from a box.... Seriously, that's what they were. The "kids" fish finger type.

The next morning when we go to check out they charge us for the room. I explained that we already paid but was told. Nope, you have to pay. Said so right here, as she points to the sheet. Fine. I don't want to miss the cruise so I paid.

When I got back to Canada I called booking.com and complained. Apparently the entire problem was the Four Points staff put in the reservation for 11/13/13 instead of 12/13/13..... So I was charged as a "no show". Booking.com went to bat for me and had the hotel agree to credit my VISA for the no show charge. They were given all of my information on December 30th, 2013 to reverse the charge.

It wasn't until January 8th, when I threatened to cancel my VISA and declare a fraud purchase/double charge that the hotel finally credited back my charge...

Seriously. Ugly.

I may cruise out of Galveston again in the future, but I will pick another of the hotels the next time I go.

Moral of the story. Don't assume anything when your credit card is "suddenly charged". Call in ASAP to see what's happening..

I wonder how many other customers this has happened too.

Room Tip: Apparently don't go on the first floor. Even though we had no problems with it the hotel apolog...
Green Features: Standard "use towels more than once" type things. Also had "soap dispensers" instead of "bar soap".
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Brett P
Robert M, General Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Galveston, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Hello, Brett.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am very sorry that your stay with us did not go as smoothly as it should have. I completely understand how frustrating it might of been to arrive to the hotel and to find out that your reservation was not in our system due to an error on our part. We have addressed this issue with our new Front Office Manager and are working towards eliminating this type of issue from occurring again with our future guests.

I have also shared your comments about your dining experience with our Food and Beverage Manager. Your feedback is definitely helpful and will allow us to provide a better product for our guests.

I apologize that the refund to your card was not issued in a timely manner. I did some research and discovered that the refund was actually completed on the 30th of December. Unfortunately most bank institutions are known to take up to 10 business days to show the refund on their end. Our Front Desk staff should have made this clear to you.

Again, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It really allows us to know where we should shift our focus in order to provide our guests with top-notch service and a great stay. I hope you try us out again in the future.
Carson City, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

I was very impressed with this hotel. The staff was efficient and friendly. The rooms were clean, updated, and the bedding was luxurious. The location was great and the bar & restaurant were very accomodating. I will stay here again!

Room Tip: They had our rooms ready in the morning following our cruise. They checked us in right away. Our roo...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Vicki E
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

The hotel is in pretty good condition and relatively new looking. Has some very nice rooms, hallways, lobby, pool and gym. The hotel is located directly across from the beach on Seawall Drive and there is a carnival pier right in front of the hotel for something to do. Clean and well kept rooms, great atmosphere and attractive area.
Didn't like our room as it was an accessible type and the hotel front desk quickly changed me to another room that I liked a lot and without any attitude. That is always impressive as she was very busy at the time checking people in.
This place is well worth the small price to stay here and I would stay again.

3 Thank Larry8241