“Couldn't have been better. Nice room great location”

Four Points By Sheraton Galveston
Ranked #29 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Probably the best stay I've had in years. It's 200 ft from the ocean and close to all area attractions. Great staff and extremely comfortable beds
Very close to pleasure pier and one mile from the strand downtown

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Stacy J
Steven T, General Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Galveston, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Hi mrstacyj,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We really do appreciate the feedback. Thank you so much for the kind comments you left after your stay. Please know that I will be passing along them to our staff.

Thank you again and we hope to see you on the island soon.

All the Best,

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I checked in and received very friendly service from Evelyn. She checked me in and explained to me all the benefits and amenities hotel had to offer.The Location is perfect for me since was very close to where my Uncle Will lives. My room was as close to perfect as can get. It was clean, I enjoyed my TV channels, the shower was warm, the bathroom amenity set up was great, plenty of towels, shampoo & lotion. I also enjoyed using the fitness studio and swimming in the pool. I also appreciated the front desk at checkout, I was able to take advantage of a late checkout so I could take another walk along the beach and still make it back in time to checkout. Wendy was very friendly at checkout, as was Raven. I got a great nights sleep. I will recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Galveston.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side of building are quieter and view is pretty good from 5th floor of seawall
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Matthew B
Steven T, General Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Galveston, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Hello Matthew B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.com. We really do appreciate the kind comments and staff recognition as we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

All the Best,

Reviewed 28 April 2014

The room was clean, beds very comfy, an assortment of pillows, soft linens. There is a fridge but no microwave. The only bad impression was of the worn carpet in the hallways. The location is a plus as it's near many attractions; pleasure Pier is across the street, and it's just blocks from the historic district and The Strand.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank onthegorose
Steven T, General Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Galveston, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Hello onthegorose,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a TripAdvisor survey. We really do appreciate the feedback. I am glad to read about you positive experience at our hotel. Please note that we working on changing the carpet in the hallways. As you can imagine we see a lot of beach traffic on them! Take care and thank you again.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We arrived for our stay and were greeted by the helpful front desk staff. When we got to our room there were a couple of issues with the room. As it was on a weekend it was difficult to have maintenance take care of these issues. The manager (Wendy) stepped up and did what she needed to do to make our stay as good as possible. She did a great job and has great people skills. We stayed two nights and went on our way only to notice that we had forgot some very important items in the room. By then we were in New Orleans. I called Wendy and she had the items there which she made arrangements for UPS to pickup and deliver to us in New Orleans. She went out of her way to do this as she was on her days off. Thanks Wendy we really appreciated all your help. I would stay here again and highly recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floors as they have a better view of the beach.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jim M

Hello Jimbo279,

Thank you for staying with us on your last trip to Galveston Island. I am pleased to read about your comments and how our staff helped out. Thank you again and thank you for spending the time writing a review.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Nice rooms, but the A/C unit was horribly loud when it came on. It would come on, sound like a jet. Very disruptive for a good nights sleep. Our AC did not hold a temperature that was comfortable for sleeping - we were way too warm all night. We were there two nights and set it lower the second night, but again it didn't hold the temp.
The location is great. with many restaurants nearby, and the beach is just across the street.
They offer free breakfast made for you - the chef did not show up Saturday morning, and we had an extensive wait, but we are early birds. The manager came in to cook, so we probably only waited one half hour.
We had a room we a view of the ocean, which was very nice. But we value a good nights sleep - which we didn't get!!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool also have a view of the ocean - just across the street.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MoLi2269

Hi MoLi2269,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review to trip advisor about your most recent stay. I really do appreciate the feedback. On the behalf of my staff I would like to apologize for the lack of service you received during your stay. I know that our location is for rest and relaxation and I am sorry that we failed you. Please know that I am working hard with the staff to make the necessary changes. I do hope in the future you can forgive this past stay and return as a guest.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 9 April 2014

This hotel is located right across from the Pleasure Pier. It is located right on the seawall and close to the Strand. Rooms are clean and the amenities decent, although the WiFi was very weak on the top floor.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Good Evening Rupture,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a TripAdvisor survey. My staff and I appreciate the positive feedback and look forward to being your choice hotel while visiting Galveston Island.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Stayed the night before our cruise. The room was roomy and nice enough. The service in the restaurant and lounge was slow because they seemed understaffed for a Saturday. Because of fog and an oil spill 2 cruises were delayed. Most guests just hung around the lobby waiting for word from the cruise lines whether we would sail or not. Royal Caribbean sent word about 8:15 PM that they would start boarding at 9:30 by deck number starting with deck 10. Our cabin was on deck 10 so I asked the deck clerk to call us a taxi for 9:15. I gathered my fiancée and luggage and staged them by the door. At 9 PM I asked the desk clerk when to expect the taxi. She explained she was all alone and had too many interruptions to call. The hotel should have had at least 1 additional person at the front desk under the circumstances. She did call then and I have to say she demonstrated a great deal of composure and professionalism with everything that was going on. Carnival announced they would not board until the next day so there were many people wanting rooms along with the people coming in from the 2 ships at the dock. This kept Shadee incredibly busy.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Steven T, General Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Galveston, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Hi marksw12,

Thank you for staying with us during your last trip to Galveston Island. I am please to read your comments about our staff and in particular Shadee. I do apologize for the slow service you received and we are working on resolving those issues. We do hope in future trips we will be your first choice when staying in Galveston.

Regards,