“Skip it!”

Four Points By Sheraton Galveston
Ranked #29 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel on June 1 for a pre-cruise night. We paid $320.00 per night. This hotel is old and outdated. There is NO air-conditioning in the lobby. Our room was small and not very clean. The doors that require a key did not work. Most of the time the elevator did not work. Our room phones did not work. The cart to carry your luggage didn't work and we had to tote all our luggage up. For that price breakfast was not provided. We did purchase breakfast there for $10.00 per person. The location was across from the Pleasure Pier. There isn't anything else around it. There are tourist shops but nothing else. We had to take a cab to a CVS. I would never stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Second Building is really old and outdated.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank vacationsRme58
Steven T, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Galveston, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear VacationsRme58,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us. On behalf of my staff I would like to apologize for the lack of service you received during your stay with us. Please know that I am working hard with the staff to make the necessary changes. I hope in the future when your travel plans bring you to Galveston Island that you choose us again.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I was very impressed at how clean and well kept the room and the hotel was. Rate was a little high for the hotel but what do you expect Memorial Day weekend and being so close to Houston.
Location is perfect right next to pleasure pier and 3/4 a mile for the SPOT. The beds were so comfortable as well great night sleep.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

BryceBen,

Thank you for your recent review with us here at the Four Points in Galveston. My team and I appreciate such great feedback and hope you stay with us again when your travel plans take you to Galveston Island.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Upon checking in, the first thing that I noticed was the sweltering heat in the lobby and entire first floor. While the lobby was nicely decorated, the flooring was stained throughout. The elevators were extremely slow and there are only 2. Upon arrival to the 5th floor, it was evident that the AC wasn't working there either.

Guess what wasn't working correctly in the room? Yep, you guessed it, the AC. It just wouldn't get cold or even comfortable. I inquired at the front desk right before I went out for dinner. I wad assured maintenance would go right up. Returned later only to find the same situation.

I emailed the property owner that night and he responded first thing through next morning. He assured me that they would look into it immediately. 3 days later and exiting the room and walking throughout the common areas is like walking in a sauna. I believe my concerns fell on deaf ears.

I cannot possibly recommend a hotel that has AC problems in South Texas during summer. This is just bad business. There are many other hotels in the area in the same area of the seawall. Do yourself a favor and try one of those out instead. Don't say you weren't warned.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Jarrod70754

Hello Jarrod70754,

Thank you for giving us feedback from your stay with us here at Four Points in Galveston. I sincerely do apologize for what you had to go through during your stay, and want you to know the A/C issue has now been fixed. I hope when your travel plans take you to Galveston Island that you stay with us again.

All the best,

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Arrived between 1a-2a and was checked into a room that hadn't been fully cleaned. Bed was made but towels were on the floor and trash in the trashcan. The toilet had been used but not flushed. The pillow was indented. We were exhausted and dealt with it, hard to imagine now but made sense after 6 hours of travel. View was a brick wall. Reported the mess first thing the next morning but will never recommend this hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Pam S

Dear Pamms4,

Thank you for taking the time and letting us know about your recent stay with us at Four Points in Galveston. I want to sincerely apologize for the state your room was in once you checked in. I'll follow up with the housekeeping staff as well as the front desk staff to make sure an issue like this never happens in the future. I hope when your your travel plans take you to Galveston Island that you give us a second chance.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

The beds are heaven and the pool was excellent. The lobby bar has happy hour with appetizers and it is a nice place to relax after a busy day. This location is also close to Murdocks,The Spot and Whataburger. Could go many places without having to drive! Very family and kid friendly.

Room Tip: The main building is more accessible that the pool side rooms
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank LoneStarRuby
Steven T, General Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Galveston, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Hi LoneStarRuby,

Thank you for your very kind comments about your recent stay! My team and I appreciate such positive feedback especially from experienced reviewers. I hope that if your travels return you to Galveston, you’ll consider being our guest again.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

The hotel is right near the water, we could walk back and forth to the beach. The room was surprisingly nice although there were some fixtures missing or broken, paint was needed in some places, and the carpet needed to be vacuumed. The bathroom was very very small, but nice. The hot water in the shower was either scalding or non-existent. The a/c worked great. The beds were amazing. The bar was a nice feature, but a little pricey. Complaint: Our room was on the East side and the curtains on the window are not made to close all the way which is insane because there was only a thin sheer piece of fabric over the window. The sun beamed directly into our room with absolutely no option to keep it out. We were up by 7:30 each morning. Not my idea of a vacation. However, the location and the beds are enough reason for me to stay again.

Room Tip: Make sure your room isn't on the East side, or be prepared to hang up a blanket to keep the son...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jaclyn G

Dear Jaclyn G,

Thank you very much for sharing feedback about your recent stay with us here at the Four Points. We appreciate your honest feedback and I will share your concerns about your housekeeping experience with our team members. It is only through constructive feedback, such as yours, that we continually improve our experience for all of our guests. We hope you will take the opportunity to visit us in the future if your travels return you to Galveston.

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Our group lodged here in three separate rooms which they kindly booked all next to each other. This was a bachelors party so of course we presented ourselves boldly but did not have any problems from the staff or other visitors. We ate a hot well prepared breakfast the next morning and headed out for the fishing trip. Nice place for a quick stay.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Steven T, General Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Galveston, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Hello tClep,

Thank you for staying with us during your last trip to Galveston Island. We really do appreciate it. I am glad you had a great experience with us and hope you guys caught a lot during your fishing trip. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon on the island.