“New clean hotel right on the beach”

Four Points By Sheraton Galveston
Ranked #29 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

This is a good location on the seawall. The hotel is newer so its modern and clean. We got a suite and the room was huge. We were impressed with what we got for the value. It was quiet and the staff was welcoming. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014
Steven T, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Galveston, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Hello Oxendiner,

Thank you for your very kind comments about your recent stay with us! My team and I appreciate such positive feedback especially from experienced reviewers. I hope when your travels return you to Galveston, you’ll consider being our guest again.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed here at the end of July. We were a party of 4 including 2 kiddos. The location is terrific, right across from the beach (literally) and within walking distance to any restaurant you need. The amusement park at the pier is across the street as well. Our room was clean and beds were comfortable. We had a little view of the ocean which was nice. No complaints about service or quality of anything. The only thing lacking was the price. We paid $340 for our room per night which is more then we spend in Paris, France per night. I know that you can rent homes in the area for much less but really this hotel is a good location especially if you dont want to drive all the time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Hello AmandaFoxy9,

Thank you for taking the time and giving us your feedback on your stay with us. My team and I appreciate such positive feedback especially from experienced reviewers. I hope that if your travels return you to Galveston, you’ll consider being our guest again.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

good hotel clause to the.pleasure pier on the beach good Wi-Fi good rooms good tours and have shops downtown Galveston good beaches and live music and bad airport you have to stand in the middle of the hall to make sure you don't miss one.

Room Tip: have shops downtown Galveston
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Hello Johnny H.,

It was a pleasure reading your recent feedback about your stay with us! When your travels return you to Galveston Island I hope you will consider visiting with us again.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel it self is in a great location. Right across from Pleasure Pier . You can walk across the street to the free beach... And there's plenty of places to eat ... Some girl little spot to have drinks at also... We stayed for 3 nights and never took the car out the parking space . Galveston is still a nice place to hangout , the water might not be very pleasing to look at , but there's plenty of other things to do if u don't want to hit the beach! The rooms are great, clean and comfortable... The only not so great thing is the food at the actual hotel.. It wasn't bad ... Just very bland and i don't believe it's a full service kitchen type of place . More like finger food / bar food. But everyone was super nice and the stay was great!

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Shampizzy25
Steven T, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Galveston, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Hello Shampizzy25,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your feedback. I hope when your travel plans take you back to Galveston Island that you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We loved everything about this hotel, except the restaurant. The staff was friendly and courteous. The rooms were spacious and clean. The location was perfect. We will definitely stay there again if we come back to the area, BUT... we will not eat in the restaurant.

We thought we would get a quick breakfast so we could get to the beach before it got too hot for our 2 yr old. It took a half hour to get our daughter a cup of yogurt, and over an hour to get our food. I think we would still be waiting if I hadn't gone to the kitchen to see if they would let me make our eggs myself. We never got asked if we wanted a refill on our coffee or juice. Thankfully there was a coffee bar in the lobby, so I was able to take my cup to the lobby and refill there. It took about 2 hours to get some scrambled eggs and toast.

If you want a quick breakfast I recommend bringing something with you and eating in your room. If you want a good breakfast, drive down seawall to Jimmy's. There are lots of great food options. Just not in the hotel.

But again, everything else about the hotel was spectacular.

Room Tip: Ask for the pool view. You'll get a partial beach view. Only suites have a full beach view. If y...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Hello Karen W.,

We appreciate your honest feedback and I will share your concerns about your restaurant service with our Food and Beverage Manager. I do personally apologize for the lack of service you received during your stay. Please know that I am working hard with the staff to make the necessary changes. I hope in the future when your travel plans bring you to Galveston Island that you choose us again.

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is nice and located perfectly on the beach. Nice room and wonderful staff.

The elevators are positioned weird and you have to stand in the middle of the hall to make sure you don't miss one.

The horrible. The restaurant was pathetic. We wait for over an hour on breakfast after we ordered. The waitress was the worst I have encountered. She never told us why we or the other two tables why it was taking for ever and never offered refills on drinks.

Would have been a 4 star review but the horrible restaurant experience to on away 2 stars.

I will stay again but will not use that pathetic excuse for a restaurant.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Hello Mrjagerbomb,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We appreciate your honest feedback and I'll share your concerns about your restaurant service with our Food and Beverage Manager. It is only through constructive feedback, such as yours, that we continually improve our experience for all of our guests. We hope you will take the opportunity to visit us in the future if your travels return you to Galveston Island

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I made a previous (bad) review of this hotel when it was under the old management. They have gotten the place right again. The front desk staff went out of their way to find my family and I a room facing east. (The last one available) They also had the crib I requested already in the room waiting. The rooms now have refrigerators in all of them. Beds are great. Bathrooms are bright, well stocked and clean. Amazing central location on the island directly in front of the beach, The Pleasure Pier, and Murdochs.
My only complaints were the loud air conditioner (noticed many other guests mentioned as well), and the shades on the windows that do NOT block out the sun which happens to reflect off the sea and blasts it into your room at the crack of dawn. If they can get those things right, then 5 stars! Haha

Room Tip: Almost all rooms have an ocean view! The higher the floor the better the view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Hello Kosmogurlkt,

I want to first thank you for giving us a second chance after your last stay. My team and I appreciate such positive feedback especially from experienced reviewers. I hope that if your travels return you to Galveston, you’ll consider being our guest again.