“Beautiful, Friendly, and So Much to Do!”

Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center
Ranked #2 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Jackson, Tennessee
“Beautiful, Friendly, and So Much to Do!”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

My stay was absolutely serene. The hotel is great for those who want to do everything or do nothing. This was my first time visiting Moody Gardens and hopefully will not be the last. The hotel staff is also knowledgeable about the surrounding areas. I highly recommend bringing your swimming suit because the pool is perfect, not to mention there are water slides and a splash park within walking distance. Moody Gardens is perfect for adults and kids.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
MoodyGardensHotel, General Manager at Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center, responded to this review, 10 August 2013
Thank you for the feedback about your recent stay at Moody Gardens. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your first time as our guest and that our amenities and atmosphere contributed to your feeling of serenity while here. Our staff prides themselves on being personable and helpful in every way possible, so I’m delighted to hear they exceeded your expectations and I have shared your compliments with them. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Garvin O'Neil

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Thai first
Texas
Reviewed 7 August 2013

My daughter attended a cheer camp at Moody Gardens. We were given rooms in the new section and the rooms were fabulous. I was very impressed with the great customer service we experienced throughout the facility from the parking attendant, to the front desk, waiters, pool attendants, maids, etc. Every thing was very clean. Plenty of towels in the room, great soft beds and comfortable extra furniture. What an added bonus that you now offered guests the free pass to the palm beach water park. Also schlitterbahn is next door if you want something bigger. We also enjoyed some of the Moody attractions but wish that hotel guests would receive a discount; similar to what you get when you stay at other resort locations like Universal or Disney. The Terrace restaurant really impressed me that I ate three meals there. Outstanding food and service. Also you have free parking and also an underground garage if there's room and free wifi. The location is on the bay but it's very quiet and easy to get to everything else. I would stay here again. I would recommend asking for a new room and if it's some of the older rooms ask for a discount...they all will not be renovated according to their signs until next spring 2014.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
MoodyGardensHotel, General Manager at Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. I was pleased to read that you found the newly renovated rooms fabulous, our customer service great and that you enjoyed your meals and service at the Terrace restaurant. It’s great to hear you enjoyed Palm Beach and some of the other attractions here at Moody Gardens. I understand your desire for a discount on the Moody Gardens attractions, however as a non-profit complex, any price discounting for our attractions needs to be made available to all Galveston hotels. This is why we came up with the one and two-day pass programs which represents a substantial discount to individual ticket prices.

Your review is appreciated and I have shared your comments with our team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Port Isabel, Texas, United States
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Our stay was absolutely the best. The hotel staff was extremely accommodating and helpful. My family and I enjoyed all the amenities the hotel offered including the various kids activities offered daily. I was particularly impressed with the fitness center. My kids, of course, were delighted by the pool and the aquarium, IMax theater, Rainforest, etc. The comfort of the room was just what we needed after a busy day of exploring! This hotel offers eveything you need to keep the family engaged.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for the wonderful review of Moody Gardens. I was pleased that you found your room to be comfortable and that you and your family enjoyed all the amenities we offer. It’s great to hear that your children enjoyed our Kids Crew activities as well. We are proud of our newly renovated Fitness Center and are glad to hear that you found it impressive.

Your feedback is appreciated and I have shared your great comments with our staff. We look forward to having you return to us the next time you visit Galveston.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We have a weekend house on the west end and have been going to Moody Gardens for years. Our boys are now 3 and 6 and we continue to come back and try different things. Palm beach is great in the summer and we always hit the aquarium and rain forest during the off season. Keeping young boys entertained is not always easy but they are always excited to go and have a good time.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments about the Moody Gardens attractions. I was pleased to read Moody Gardens is a year round activity for you and your family. It’s great to hear that your boys are excited and entertained every time you visit. Summer is winding down, but we still have plenty of great things planned for the fall and winter. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 5 August 2013

What I love about the Moody is the dedicated staff. When you talk to them, you find that even some of the bellmen have been there since the hotel opened! I have been going there for years and I like the fact that I see the same wait staff, front desk folks, and bellmen. I know that each time I will receive the same great friendly service. I also highly recommed the lobster bisque soup, OMG!!! It is the best on the island!

Room Tip: I love the view of the ocean. The higher the better!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback and most of all thank for your continued Moody Gardens loyalty. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the staff and that you know you will receive great friendly service during your stay at Moody Gardens. I am delighted to hear that you love the lobster bisque; it is one of my favorites too! Your feedback is appreciated and I have shared your comments with our team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Evergreen, Colorado
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

This place has it all! Amazing aquarium, fabulous restaurants, beautiful amazon rainforest, swimming pool with swim up bar and a short walk to Schlitterbaun Waterpark. Ask for a room with a view of the pyramids. The hotel staff are so friendly and helpful and were eager to accommodate our request. Great getaway for a family or a girls weekend.

• Stayed August 2013
MoodyGardensHotel, General Manager at Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Thank you for leaving a review. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at Moody Gardens Hotel and your visit to the Moody Gardens attactions. Your kind words are appreciated and I have passed them on to our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I stay at the Moody Hotel 3 or 4 times each year. If you want enough activities to keep both adult and children entertained this is the place. I have stayed at most of the big hotels in Galveston, Moody is awsome with the covered parking free, In the hot summer sun it is really nice to get to your car without trekking across a scorching parking lot. We will be back at the Moody early September and I can hardly wait.It has a super pool with swim up bar and hot tub right against thr pool. You will like the Moody. Hey be sure to do the Breakfast Buffet, I think it was only $12 and well worth it.

Room Tip: High up rooms, choose the pool view, beautiful view at night. If you like to have easy access to the...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
MoodyGardensHotel, General Manager at Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Dear george646,

Thank you for your review and continued loyalty. We will continue to work hard to ensure your satisfaction and comfort. The Breakfast Buffet in our Terrace restaurant is a great value, an added benefit is the kid’s breakfast buffet is only $1. We look forward to welcoming you back in September.