Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center
US$160
US$146
HolidayInn.com
  • Beachfront
Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$123
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Galveston Island Resort(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$261
US$185
Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$165
  • Restaurant
US$224
US$202
  • Pool
Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$212
1,626 results
All reviewspalm beachfestival of lightsnorth towerrainforest pyramidindoor lap poolkids activitiesbreakfast buffetswim up barvalet parkinghotel restauranthot tubgreat weekendoff seasonfamily vacationshort drivespring breakthe room was nice
Reviewed 17 August 2013

My family and I went to the hotel on a Thursday night during the summer. From the moment we got there, the customer service was great. I had to wait in line a bit to check in but the service was great.

We had a room that had not been renovated in the north tower. It said we had a bay view but we could only see trees and a parking lot of our window. No big deal for us. 2 queen beds but not a lot of extra room to relax. The beds were so comfortable! Everyone slept great. We spent the night playing in the large resort pool. There were not enough chairs for everyone so they could improve on that. My kids had fun in the pool and the swim up bar made some great drinks. The Kids crew provided smore's in the evening and that was a hit.

In the morning we ate at the Terrace breakfast buffet. It was yummy and a good deal I thought. They had a mascot for kids walking around to greet everyone and my kids loved it. They were busy at the restaurant but they were accommodating to our needs.

I loved this place! I thought to hotel had lots to offer for family and kids. I did not realize that the Moody gardens Palm Beach was included with our stay. That in itself was worth $60 for my family. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
MoodyGardensHotel, General Manager at Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Dear JenniferZ,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your family's recent stay at Moody Gardens. I am pleased to read you found our guest service to be great. It is also pleasing to learn that you and your family were able to enjoy so many of the amenities that are available at our hotel. We have heard from many parents and children that the smore’s are a guest favorite. I would like to extend my sincerest apologies to you for the confusion with your view type, I have forwarded your comment to the Front Desk Manager so we can find a solution to prevent the same thing from occurring in the future. Your comments are appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future..

Genera Manager

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Beautiful Hotel & grounds, well trained staff, delicious food and service in two restaurants, scenic walking trails, Starbucks coffee shop and ice cream parlor inside hotel. Comfortable lounges. Gracious management team. A surprise was that our anniversary was recognized. We enjoy this hotel at least twice a year. Moody Gardens attractions are nearby or just relaxing in the hotel or pool areas vie for the perfect place to stay. Recent room renovations were a great asset to the hotel. Thanks to the General Manager and his wonderful team. Millie/Ed

Room Tip: Reserve as soon as possible. Simply ask for your choice and the staff will accommodate you.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
MoodyGardensHotel, General Manager at Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Dear Millie and Ed,

Thank you for choosing our hotel to celebrate your anniversary. I was pleased to read you enjoyed everything about your recent stay. We appreciate your wonderful comments about Moody Gardens, our staff, amenities, location and service. It means a lot to us when guest let us know how much they enjoyed their stay and our service.

Thank you for your continued loyalty and for your kind feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Happy Anniversary!!!

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Hotel is beautiful and exceptionally clean, surrounding grounds are meticulously manicured, food is delicious, pool is inviting, and all the activities are readily available. Our room was very clean, beautifully decorated, had great views and had a very quiet air conditioner. Bed was very comfortable & luxurious. Our five-year-old grandson enjoyed the pyramids, museums, playground, pool, outdoor movie & popcorn adventure and the beach. The staff is helpful, welcoming and courteous. This was a wonderful, relaxing and enjoyable vacation. We will definitely stay here again. We highly recommend it - beautiful, clean place!

Room Tip: Rooms with pyramid views are wonderful.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Hi Martha2242013,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us. Family memories last a lifetime, and we are happy we were able to create another great memory for you and your grandson. I was pleased to read your grandson enjoyed all of the attractions Moody Gardens has to offer and all of our Kid’s Crew activities. It’s great to hear you had a wonderful, relaxing and enjoyable vacation.

We appreciate your recommendation and wonderful feedback about our hotel and staff, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Moody Gardens hotel for my High school reunion. I stayed in one of the renovated rooms and the colors were so bright and airy. The room seemed bigger than the previous stay. Love the bathroom The event was a success. Great service from all the staff. I have an annual pass to Moodys Gardens which gave me discounts in the hotel and restaurants. Look forward to staying there again, even if I am BOI..

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Hi Rose

Thank you for the great comments about your recent stay. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and décor. It’s great to know that your high school reunion was a success, we were happy to be a part of such a special event.

We appreciate your loyalty and feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

My overnight stay at Moody Gardens was excellent! From the front desk staff, to the cleanliness of the hotel, to the comfort of the bed! It was wonderful. I had a large room, overlooking the pool and the water. I was able to sit on my patio chairs and watch the fireworks on Saturday evening as well.
I always bring food with me when I travel, and much to my delight there was a refrigerator in my room to keep food cold! The coffee in the morning was even delicious and fresh from a Keurig coffeemaker. The bed was SOO comfortable, I will be asking what mattress they use and try to buy one for myself. The pool are was beautiful and the staff at the pool bar was friendly and fun! Ordered some fun drinks and had a wonderful time. I will continue to go back there, year after year! Thank you to the General Manager for running such a wonderful resort!

Room Tip: Its nice to get a room on the south side of the hotel, so you can see the pool and the water!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Hi Kerri,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to relax and enjoy our Bands on the Sand fireworks from your balcony. It’s great to hear that you were pleased with the Keurig coffeemaker and our newly upgraded Sealy Plush Euro Pillow top mattress.

I am very pleased to read of the pool bar’s staffs' care and attention, and they too are delighted by your recognition. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back.