“This is the absolute best hotel on Galveston Island”

Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center
Ranked #2 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed 26 January 2011

I stayed at this hotel from January 14 to January 16, 2011. It is a beautiful hotel with very reasonable rates, very clean, very service oriented (the staff loves their visitors to Galveston) and has many onsite attractions. The aquarium is great and you must see the penguins!! The hotel restaurant has wonderful food and very reasonable prices and also there is a real nice gift shop.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
MoodyGardens1, Manager at Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2011

Thank you for your recent stay at Moody Gardens Hotel - It is always nice to read Moody Gardens is absolutely the best hotel on Galveston Island. We appreciate your feedback and value you as part of our family - thank you again.

Moody Gardens Hotel
Manager

There are newer reviews for Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center

Reviewed 26 January 2011

Wow.

To preface, I had some problems during my stay. However, the response that I received in regards to my concerns deserves high praise.

The General Manager truly cares about his guests' experiences, and it shows. He was very kind to my concerns and rectified the situation.

Certain staff members should be recognized. Lubos and Steve were incredibly gracious and helpful. (Our car had broken down on the Seawall- of all places) We had no idea that the cruises on Sunday's made a cab wait super long, and we needed to get to The Strand to see A Tuna Christmas. Lubos seemed genuinely concerned and caring. He arranged for us to ride the cruise shuttle with Steve (who was also super kind!). He went out of his way to drop us off where we needed to be. It saved us both time and money. I was thoroughly impressed with how these gentlemen helped their guests.

Mr. O'Neil is also an asset to the property, and am grateful for his help in resolving a problem.

I love Galveston and will definitely return- and I will stay at The Moody Gardens.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2011

My family and I drove approximately 6 hours to visit Moody Gardens. The hotel was beautiful and the rates were fabulous! We got a package deal that included 4 free tickets to Schlitterbaun Water Park and 4 free tickets to the Festival of Lights. Guest Services was very helpful in answering our questions and offering information about Galveston. The kids loved the heated outdoor pool and the ice skating rink. The Moody Gardens Aquarium was excellent! This was an excellent way to wrap up the holiday season! We will definitely return to Moody Gardens in the future!

Reviewed 20 December 2010

It was AWESOME! Gorgeous grounds at Christmas time with all the lights. Inside and outside decorated. Staff was so kind. Rooms are spacious with mini-fridge, but no microwave. Tons of lighting in the room, A/C worked great! Swam in the outdoor heated pool! Tons of Hot water for the family showers. Whataburger, Jack and Taco Cabana about a mile away, for frugal families like us.

Most important! My son was sick the second day. He threw up 3 times all over the bed linens, completely down to the mattress in one case. They moved us to a new room! Then they kept coming back with clean linens for the poor little guy. All they were concerned about was how he was doing, not the washing mess that they had. Now that's amazing service and a wonderful famil environment!

1  Thank TravelChickHouston
MoodyGardens1, Manager at Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2010

Moody Gardens always enjoys reading how AWESOME our guest experiences are. Thank you for sharing and we have to agree - the gounds were lit-up for the holidays inside and out. Moody Gardens has lots to offer families, so keep us in mind for spring break and remember our Rainforest Pyramid will be opening in May 2011. Come on down!!

We are happy to always be of service.
Moody Gardens Management

Reviewed 14 December 2010

My husband I have stayed several times before, once for a vacation and twice for business. This time it was for my 10 year anniversary of being Cancer Free. I called and spoke with one of the planning specialist (Jaime) and she helped me make decisions on the rooms I wanted based on my needs. It was awesome we got 3 rooms and a suite. They were able to put my teenage neice in a room next to my room and my grown son they were able to place down the hall. The suite between my room and my neices was awesome. Then my parents came to join us for dinner and the festival of lights. The decor was fabulous and the doors opening to the pool were perfect as I am a big water person. We had chilled champage and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us with a rose. Everyone we dealt with was so helpful in letting us know about the different attactions and hours, directions etc. Everything was very clean and everyone was very helpful and professional. The festival of lights was awesome. The people of Galveston are great and there are so many wonderful things to see and do plus it is a perfect place for families. Our family beach home was destroyed in Bolivar by Hurricane Ike and this hotel is the next best thing. I loved staying there and plan to go back soon.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family

Thank you for celebrating your 10 year anniversary at Moody Gardens. We rejoice with you!! It is always nice to read kind remarks about our employees and how they give customer service to our hotel guest. Moody Gardens has lots to offer our guests and we look forward to your return, hopefully in 2011. Happy New Year to your family!

Management

Reviewed 11 November 2010

We went as a quick get away, visiting Palm Beach in the morning, then leaving when it became crowded. It was great to come in from the "beach", clean up and change, have lunch, then hit the hotel pool. The hotel has many activities in the afternoon: music, crafts, pool contests, and small bounce houses.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2010

A mother & teen daughter get away over Labor Day weekend. We enjoyed a nice king bed & stayed up late reading. We had a wonderful night's sleep-the best I've slept in a hotel bed lately! We had a view of the gulf (across the island). enjoyed the pool. They even allowed us a late check out & a swim in the pool after check out. The parking lot is free, & it is right next to Schliterbaun (we didn't use it). There is a mini fridge in the room & that was great to cool our bottled water for the beach!

• Stayed: September 2010
MoodyGardens1, Manager at Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2010

Thank you for sharing a review of your stay with us. A mother & daughter get away is a special time and we appreciate you choosing Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center to share that quality time. Your feedback is very helpful and we look forward to welcoming your family back in the near future.

Moody Gardens Hotel Management