“I love it!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Broadway

Broadway
Ranked #38 of 100 things to do in Galveston
More attraction details
Owner description: The historic area of Galveston noted for its beautiful old buildings
Houston, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“I love it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

You can see many historical churches on the broad way. I love St. Patrick and Secret Heart churches. They are beautiful. Bishop palace by Secret Heat church is another beautiful building.

Visited May 2013

37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Not Savannah”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

I've seen pictures of old Galveston when the horse-drawn trolley ran down the center of Broadway and it was lined with beautiful old homes. Not so anymore but at least there are sufficient homes left to give you some idea of what it used to be like in the old days especially on the East end. I've lived here over fifty years now and am glad to see that we have started to appreciate our old heritage and are in the continuing process of restoring our historic homes instead of tearing them down for another gas station. If your on the Island just take a drive down Broadway to the Seawall and enjoy what once was.

Visited March 2013
fort worth
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“EXCELLENT!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2012

The first time I saw this street it was when I was ten years old & I've thought it was a nice drive ever since.
There's all kinds of old mansions that have been kept up & are in good shape.
Just off this street is the Old East End district with more old homes: some taken care of,others being reworked & those that are run down.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank john p
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“I live on the mainland”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012

and whenever i got galveston we have to essentially take Broadway. I try to find other ways to get to other places using alternate routes because this avenue can get hectic and the interminable street lights can get on my nerves.

Visited September 2012
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“The way across town, with the esplanade in the middle”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

Broadway is a lovely six lane street which bisects Galveston. The harbor to the North, the beach to the South. There are numerous places to visit, but it is not a destination in itself.

Visited July 2012