“It's not Florida but w/the right people it's FUN :)”
Review of The Seawall

and up
Houston Sightseeing Tour and Galveston Day Trip
Ranked #7 of 101 things to do in Galveston
More attraction details
Owner description: Walk along this eight-mile seawall built to protect Galveston from the raging winds and waters of the Gulf of Mexico.
San Antonio, TX
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“It's not Florida but w/the right people it's FUN :)”
Reviewed 8 August 2011

The Seawall is a fun attraction and since IKE things are new and clean and well maintained for Texas Beach Front.

I had FUN laying out on the beach and renting the umbrella and beach chairs for my mom and I to take in the ocean and sun.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank tomuchpriss

• Turkish first
Aubrey, Texas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great job on cleaning up the island Galveston!”
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Galveston has done a great job cleaning up the seawall and beaches. The island is cleaner than I have ever seen it. I have been coming to Galveston for more than 25 years. I was supprised to see how great the entire island looks. My favorite trip to Galveston ever!

Visited July 2011
2 Thank June8912
Montgomery, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Galveston is a nice mini vacation with a lot of history to discover! Relax and enjoy the sand and suN!”
Reviewed 30 April 2010

I love going to Galveston and riding down the seawall. I was really surprised, about a month ago, when the weather was just a little too cold to swim, the crowd was amazing, and I almost felt like I was on a tropical get-away, not just a commuter from houston. A lot of ppl down talk Galveston, the water may not be a pretty blue, but when the reflects off of it, it looks blue enough! There are beautiful sunsets, and a lot of history there! I think its a great place to take mini vacations and very family friendly! ; ) Can't wait to go this weekend and enjoy the sand, sun, beach, and fun!

6 Thank vipm_barbie
Houston Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“what to think about the seawall”
Reviewed 1 April 2010

my boyfriend and I went to the seawall march 28th.2010 and it was a beautiful day more than alot of people were there when we usually go there really isn't anybody but i can tell you this there was alot of jellyfishes laying on the sand im trying to look for a beach were its safe to swim but i don't know were to go.

2 Thank HoustonTexasJ_Walkin
Houston, TX
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Don't walk - Drive!”
Reviewed 28 July 2009

We drove along the seawall - San Luis Pass Road - and really got a feel for the island. This is the main drag for the island, Broadway being the second biggest street, and it really helped us figure out what our eating choices were, great hotel ideas, and we also loved looking at the ocean. Walking might be nice in the early morning or late evening hours. You could also rent a bike or other similar transportation.

2 Thank funintexas