Scottish Inn
Comfort Inn & Suites Beachfront(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$158
US$138
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
US$98
Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$133
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Galveston Island Resort(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$100
Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$286
US$144
  • Restaurant
US$155
Travelocity
The San Luis Resort(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$195
Travelocity
All reviewsferry landingcheck in hours earlysausage biscuitsself serve breakfastcrystal beachgreat place to stayan older buildingfree cruise parkingcruise departuremicrowave and refrigeratorwould definitely stay here againwithin walking distancecomfortable bedsnext morningweekend staylocation was perfectfree breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I booked my reservation for me and my family through priceline as a place to stay during a vacation/birthday for my step son, I had a long drive to get to this place after I got off from work and had loaded the car to make the trip. At midnight Priceline cancelled my reservation due to "no show" I found this out when I had arrived around 3 a.m. The owner met me at the office door let me in and explained there was absolutely no problem and helped me with checking in right away. When I got to my room the air conditioner would not come on, I went back to the office where the owner came right away to look to see if anything could be done. When he looked it over and determined it was not working he promptly gave us another room. After that the experience was top notch. We spent the next day at Schlitterbahn and arrived back to a nice cool room after our day out in the sun. The next morning before check out my children wanted to go swimming one more time before we left, the pool had hours on it which were 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. when one of their staff saw we were standing there at the locked gate looking at the pool he unlocked it for us to get it it was so nice of them. Also there were 2 different types of doughnuts offered as well as Coffee fresh fruit and toast available in the office. Upon checkout the owner apologized again for the inconvenience of the a/c from my check in which was absolutely no problem as things happen, he even offered to let my children take some extra doughnuts for the road. The staff was so friendly and the owner as well as his wife were absolutely above and beyond great people. Should I return to the island this will be the first place I look into. The grounds were also immaculate as well as very secure with security camera's.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank TimZumo
scottishinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

I felt so bad that the A/C in your room did not work and had to come back to the office at 3.00 in the morning. Your review was to kind thank you very much.
Hope you had a pleasent trip back home.
Sam

Reviewed 13 June 2013

Our party of 11 just returned from our trip at the Scottish Inn. When we first arrived I was a little unsure of this hotel. It is older and being near the water has some issues with rust. I thought the beds might be too firm, but I slept better than I have in some time. What really made this a pleasant stay was Sam and his wife. We had planned to stay two days, but when we returned from Moody Gardens our car overheated and needed repairs. Sam helped us find a mechanic and went out of his way to make our stay enjoyable. Since we only had one car that was running, we spent the 3rd day at the pool. It was very relaxing. The four kids spent the entire day swimming and the pool was large and clean. The grounds were well maintained. A car is very handy here, not much within walking distance. Also no elevator and no first floor rooms, so that could be an issue for some. We would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank 922AmyA
scottishinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2013

Hello Amy,
You spent 2 days here when I found you had car trouble and the distance some your family had to travel it was the least I could do, I normally don’t like to recommend a mechanic, but I knew this young man and asked him to help fix it that evening. I am glad things worked out for you and your family.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

My first impression was the owner and wife were very pleasant and accommodating ; however, behind the check-in counter was the left over breakfast, orange juice and a toaster with a loaf of bread. Hum. It was 6 p.m. Upon arriving in our room on the 3rd floor the room the AC unit was cranked on high, but yet the room was stuffy, with a mildew smell and humid. We left for dinner, dreading our return to the room, however, when we returned the room was freezing cold and the smell was gone. The bathroom is very small, small tub with shower head only, very little hot water or water pressure. The bed and linens were comparable to an upscale hotel, extremely comfortable! There is a coffee pot and refrigerator and watch for some outlets that don’t work. We had prepaid two nights, but would have probably stayed the second night even if we hadn’t prepaid. It’s not as bad as it “sounds”, just giving straight experience. Hey, if you were in Mexico it would be an upscale room, just close your eyes and pretend – but don’t book on the basis of the free “breakfast”.
I’m a high maintenance, fussy woman, but in whole, this hotel covered the basic needs for a reasonably priced hotel in Galveston. You’ll experience less traffic staying at this end of the island. When the traffic gets bad for the ferry, there’s still an open lane to access the hotel without delays.

Room Tip: Dont book on basis of the "free breakfast".
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Donna C

Hello Donna,
Thank you for your praise for myself and my wife.
You came on the sandcastle weekend
Just little explanation for the bread and juice. Some family check in late due to the long distance travel.
Children are cranky late night so I ask if they would like something to eat or drink and the air conditioner normally I ask my wife to turn on the A/C prior to a guest check in. In this section of the building she forgot, when she realized she ran to the room while you were driving round the building. This is not an excuse so we both apologies for the inconvenience.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

When I called for our reservation I told sam I was only booking there because of a great review I saw on trip advisor. My husband and I were taking our first cruise on carnival magic. Sam is defiantly an outstanding hotel owner. He remembered my phone reservation, offered to let us leave our car their during the trip. It is true you can see the ferry boats from this hotel. Parking by your room was great. Check in was quick. We had enough time to tour the island enjoy great dining and get a good nights sleep before setting sail the next morning.
Thanks sam!!! I will be recommending you to everyone I know.

Mr. And mrs. Allen

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank Bigspring432
scottishinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Thank you for coming out from west Texas to stay with us, also for overlooking the negative reviews. We try to please everyone that walk’s through our door.
Sam.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

We stayed there before a cruise vacation. The cool thing was that we were able to leave our car at the hotel for a whole week. So we did not have to pay at the pier for parking, which would be about $80. The pool is big and inviting. The harbor is right ahead that you can actually see from some rooms. Sam was really nice. He offered coffee when we got there since was late. The place need some paint and some little things here and there. But overall was just fine. Our room had a small fridge and a microwave.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank eva2378

Thank You for staying with,really help's when we are appreciated.Hopefully by end of this year there will be positive change's.We do hope you will come stay with us again.