“Were I to visit Galveston again, I'd certainly stay here.”
Review of Scottish Inn

Scottish Inn
Ranked #28 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Austin, Texas
“Were I to visit Galveston again, I'd certainly stay here.”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

My brother booked a different hotel for our trip to Galveston, that, upon reading the TERRIBLE reviews (on Yelp and on Trip Advisor), I refused to even give it a shot. He asked for a better suggestion and I stumbled upon this place, which is well reviewed, less expensive, AND lacking in certain insects that the other place, with which the other place was rife. Pretty sure that was a run on sentence... sorry.

Brother arrived before me and, while he was waiting, Sam(?), the owner, showed him the room and turned on the A/C. They had a useful chat about the island and things to do/see/avoid. When I arrived, all the paperwork was ready, I just had to hand over my CC and my ID. There is covered parking available on a first come/first serve basis

Seemingly recently renovated, the rooms are clean and equipped with a microwave, mini fridge, mini coffee pot, and a pretty good sized flat screen tv. The beds are quite comfy. The pool looks amazing, though it's a bit too chilly to swim right now.

There are a few downsides, however, but none of them (for me, at least) are dealbreakers. No counter space in the bathrooms. Outlets in odd places, there are no outlets behind/near the nightstand, so you have to charge your phone where you can't hit the snooze button. And, I guess because of the outlet thing, no digital clock. When I wake up in the middle of the night, I'd rather turn over and look at the time instead of getting up to check my phone. Again, by no means are these things deal breakers.

It's right near the ferry dock, off the beaten path. A little bit of a hike from all the things, but I don't think that's a bad thing.

Were I to visit Galveston again, I'd certainly stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Quani C
scottishinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Thank You for staying with us,sorry it took so long to respond.We are happy you enjoyed you stay with us.
Sam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Blanco, Texas
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I chose to lodge here after considering numerous reviews of several hotel/motels and I was not disappointed in choosing the Scottish Inn. The owner/managers Sam and Sarah were most helpful and friendly. The king room was spacious, clean and Quiet. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and the quiet was deafening. :) Intending to avoid the weekend traffic and the boulevard crowds, I chose to visit the area during the week. Although the ferry dock is close by, the night passed quietly.

Room Tip: choose beachside upper
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 10Xtopshot
scottishinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Thank You Gregory for your view on my place; this is a good time of the year to visit the island.
It’s quite and the rates are very fair. We enjoyed having you and wife here. Again thank you from wife and me.
Georgetown, Texas
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed here on a Friday night before Saturday departure on a Disney cruise. The room and beds were comfortable and clean. We did not partake of breakfast, so no review of that aspect of the facilities. The owner was kind and helpful and recommended a local seafood shop for dinner; his recommendation was spot-on. We have no qualms about staying here again if our travels take us back to Galveston.

Room Tip: Our room on the side of the facility was away from the road; therefore it was very quiet. We noticed...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank cat2102
scottishinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Hello Michael, thank you for staying with us hope you and family had a wonderful Disney cruise.
I and the wife really appreciate your kind input.
Michigamme, Michigan
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Got to the hotel late because of a play in Houston, the owner was waiting for me with a smile and an upgrade to the room. Very friendly people, great price, and it was located right next to the ferry where you can take a free ride across and see the dolphins and ocean birds. The room was nice, clean, and comfortable. If I ever come back to Galveston I'll be spending my nights here.

I Highly suggest this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Justin M
scottishinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank You Justin, for your review on our place it was our pleasure to have you here, my wife and I really appreciate your kind words for us.
Bryan, Texas
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The owner Sam and his wife are super awesome people! Our room was awesome ,very comfortable bed, the room was super clean, very nice atmosphere not noise very homey ,we will be staying at this hotel every trip we make to galveston! Thank you,Sam for your kindness! David & Sarah C

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Sarah N
scottishinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Thank you David for your input on our place. We really do care for the guest who stays with.
Its view like this that makes us feels that we are doing this right.
Again thank you David and Sarah
From Sam and Wife
Silsbee, Texas
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We go every year, stay at the Scottish Inn, rooms are very clean, neat, pool is excellent, surroundings are neat and tidy, and you cannot beat Sam and his wife and staff for their hospitality. We always feel safe, the only place we will stay in the Galveston area. Looking forward to our next trip.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Jameslee P
scottishinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Thank you for giving us a good report on our hospitality. Hope you had a good fishing trip.

Sam and Wife
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 18 August 2013

First of all, the staff, who I assume to be the owners, are extremely friendly, helpful, and professional. We were quite surprised by their hospitality and appreciated it. The outside of the hotel looked nicer than we expected, and the room we stayed in was recently renovated. Everything was clean, the room was quite large for one king bed, and there was plenty of storage. The pool was clean and there was lots of seating around it. Parking was great and we really liked the location. Right by the ferry, which is a Galveston-must if you like dolphins! Less than five minutes from Seawall Blvd. and the beach. We will absolutely stay here again on our next Galveston vacation. We did encounter a few insects (something we've always encountered in large hotels) and the remote didn't work. We did not take it to the owner as it wasn't a big deal to us, but we felt like it would have been handled quickly had we brought it to their attention.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank katihowell
scottishinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Yes Kati we are the owner’s we try our best to keep everyone who checks inn happy and to help them the best we can about things to do on the island. Again we thank you for your very kind words about my place.