“Great value. ”
Review of Scottish Inn

Scottish Inn
Ranked #28 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Great place, close to the ferry. This is our second stay here. Friendly & courteous owners. Clean room & cold air. Staying one night pre cruise. Will always come back here. Staying in room 207.
Can't say much more than that although 200 words are required!!!

Stayed: August 2014
7  Thank tcpjh
scottishinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Thanks again for coming back.
Sam

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We always enjoy our stay here. We had a room that had been renovated it was very nice. The beds were great!!!! The pool was clean rooms were clean everything was wonderful. Sam is such an awesome guy! Thanks for all that you do!
Love ,
the clean sheet family
George and Amanda

Stayed: July 2014
6  Thank ana0210

Thank you Ana for staying with us again with your family.
Sam

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I researched many places for my stay for a huge wrestling show and the Scottish Inn sounded perfect. I was right. When I checked in the owner was really friendly and allowed me to check in a bit early. He was very welcoming and was always available and friendly. The rooms were nice. I read that you hear traffic from the street side rooms. I had a street side room and all was quiet the entire stay. The room Air conditioner was awesome. Stayed nice and cold how I like it. The beds were perfect for me because I have minor back issues. Upon check out Sam was very interested on how the stay went and thanked me for staying. People who have bad reviews must be hot heads because Sam was very friendly. I recommend the Scottish Inn and will be staying there again when I go back to Galveston. Thanks for everything. From Jose Sorola

6  Thank Naval S
scottishinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank You Jose for staying with us really thank you for putting a kind word for Myself and wife.
Hope to see you again in the future . Sam

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We were so happy to have picked this lovely hotel. We felt very cared for, which is lacking these days from alot of the chains. This family owned establishment met and exceeded our family's needs. It was affordable, comfortable, and we would definitely stay again! It was minutes from everything. I have to say this was one of our best vacations and a big part of that was due to how comfortable we were made to feel by Mr. Sam and his wife.

6  Thank Bridgetpd

Thank you Bridget and family for staying with us really appreciate the review and for having your family here. Thank You from both of us. Sam

Reviewed 12 July 2014

My sister who just buried her husband on Monday and my nephew checked in around 6pm. Hotel knew I was coming with my daughter to stay with her while he went out and was ok with it. Owner came in to fix remote (9:20) told us my nephew never gave him his credit card (when he had) that too many people were here. I asked how much more for us to be with her and he said "I want to to get your things and leave here and never come back. You need to vacate the premises immediately and don't come back!" Stormed out the door and left it open. Wow no visitors and you can't go out once you check in is unheard of. We are outraged! I don't recommend this place to anyone unless you are there to sleep and leave. Like he said "people come here to stay not leave". I could swear they are in America and no one can tell you you have to stay once you check in!!! And yes it is now 11:05 at my home in Pearland.

6  Thank Vaskim3
scottishinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Mr. O checked in about 6.15pm I asked for payment he gave me a Credit Card it was declined and I have a log of the card declined he said he would come and pay me little later as he was Navy I thanked him for his service and trusted him to have a key on the promise of him paying me. You came in at about 8.00pm ( I did not know you were coming)said you was visiting. Asked you to come to the office so as to make a note of your license as you were a visitor. Everything good so far
Later about 9.15pm a call from room 207 the remote was not working I went to reprogram the control and saw you and asked where Mr. O was and how long you were staying you replied you were staying and Mr. O will not be back till morning. Well since room was not paid for and Mr. O was not in the room I asked you to leave and went back to the office. As for the no visitors its safety for my guest my staff and the property in general.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

After reading many reviews, I settled on staying at the Scottish Inn the night before our RCCL cruise. We were going to be there on my daughter's fiance's birthday. To save money, we all shared a double room. I couldn't afford to spend a lot of money, but I still wanted something clean, comfortable and convenient. This didn't disappoint.

The owner, Sam, was great. He got us checked in very quickly and was very friendly. Our room was on the second floor, with the entryway overlooking the pool area. We didn't have time to swim, but several people were. It was very clean and looked to be in great shape.

That night we went to walk around downtown, browsing in and out of shops. Then we had dinner at The Original Mexican food restaurant (which was very good). Later, we looked around the old cemetery. (We find them very interesting, rich with history.) The beds were comfortable, and we all slept well.

The next morning we took advantage of the light breakfast foods offered. There were prepackaged pastries, fruit, cereal, juice, ... This was the only thing that I think could use a little more thought put into it; But it was fine, and it totally served its purpose.

Sam let us park our vehicle up front, where it would be visible by security cameras, and he graciously made arrangements for someone that had a pickup to take us to the pier. Think it costs about $15, but we gave him $20 for help with all our bags.

The ferry is within walking distance, and there were always police in the street close-by helping to direct traffic. It's a very safe area, we all agreed. The other guests we met were very nice, and it seemed to be a very family friendly place.

After a wonderful cruise, we took a cab back to the hotel. No problems with our vehicle, and Sam even offered some breakfast food for the road.

We will definitely stay again at the Scottish Inn. It's a good value for the money, and Sam was great!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Tammy L
scottishinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Scottish Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Thank You Tammy for staying with us, we are happy your stay was good.
We really try to please everybody. Hope to see you again. Sam

Reviewed 1 July 2014

It is a little out of the way, No beach views etc. However, with the seaweed problem in Galveston this year, being away from the beach is a blessing! The owner was very helpful and wanted to make our stay as pleasant as possible. The pool was wonderful and the rooms very clean. All in all, very nice stay. Cant beat the price

Room Tip: The bolivar ferry lines up on the road so try to get the other side of the hotel.