“Great Experience!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 52 Hotels in Galveston
Laramie, Wyoming
“Great Experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

This property was truly beautiful. The service was great! Food in the restaurant was excellent. There was a charge for the internet which seems to be becoming more common at higher quality hotels. The only problem was that the toilet backed up and apparently they sent the repair person to the wrong room. A very uncomfortable hour later, I went to the lobby and asked for directions to the public restroom. The shuttle to the cruise ship was efficient. However, the bellman had not told us where to pick it up, so we nearly missed it. I took a bad fall while trying to get my luggage to the bus.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to post your comments on Trp Advisor. I will pass on your review to our staff.Please consider the Hilton Galveston in the future when in the area. Have a great day!
Mike PIstone

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
  • Polish first
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

Spent a couple of nights during spring break at this hotel. We have stayed here before and really have enjoyed our stay. The pool is heated and that made a big difference since the weather was chilly. A couple of complaints- tried having breakfast at the restaurant and it was taking too long just to be seen by the hostess. Only 1 bartender at the pool bar so getting drinks or something to eat was also a slow process. One year they had a band by the pool but not this time. Overall it's a nice hotel but could be better.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I appreciate you taking the time to post your comments on Trp Advisor. I will pass on your review to our staff. Have a great day!
Mike PIstone
BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

We have stayed at several hotels in Galveston. This was our first experience with the Hilton. My husband and I were both very impressed with the hotel and the staff. We stayed in the Deluxe King and had a super view of the beach and the pool. Thank you Hilton for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CWiegreffe
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
I can't tell you enough how appreciative I am for your kind words on the posting to Trip Advisor. Your comments go along way when we share them with staff. Please consider us when visiting our area again!
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

I'm always thrilled when my room is ready before the promised time, and this one was. The room was clean and quiet. I booked the hotel for a one-night stay pre-cruise and discovered after checking in that you can leave your car there and they have a shuttle to take you directly to the pier. I don't recall seeing that on their website, but that is a nice perk.

The front desk personnel were really nice.

The only negative thing about the hotel was the food. For dinner, I had an avocado w/ half of it with chicken salad and the other half with tuna salad and crackers. The crackers were old and the salads were bland. I also can't stand the little fatty part on chicken and my first bite had that, so I just left the rest of it. Service was not good, either.

The location is really good. It's right across from the seawall and it's located on the water. After checking in, I walked up and down the street and really enjoyed the relaxation. At the last minute, I decided to take off my shoes and socks and walk on the beach. Lots of dogs running around (well-behaved).

If I return to Galveston, I will definitely stay at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, 8 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us. I hope that you will consider us again when in this area.
I appreciate your business,
Tyler, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

We have stayed here multiple times and have never been disappointed. There are two "sections" to this hotel. One has rooms with balconies that are angled toward the ocean and the other section has huge windows that directly face the ocean. We prefer a room high up in the new tower with large windows.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I will be sure to share your Trip Advisor comments with our staff. Your review will help motivate our efforts and for that I personally appreciate it. Please come see us again.
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2013

Everything about this place was amazing. Big shout out to the maintenace crew! We were missing our remote and they hurried up there to replace it & left a cute little chocolate hammer that said sorry! They also helped me jump my car the next morning after I left the light on. The hotel was beautfiul and the pool looked amazing- wish the weather was warmer. There is nothing like getting out of the shower and having a nice plush robe! Located next to Rain Forest Cafe & Landry's(oysters were awesome!) We will be back this summer to enjoy the pool!! :)

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rachel R
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Galveston Island Resort, responded to this review, 1 March 2013
Thank you for your posting of your stay with us. iappreciate your comments and will review them with staff. Please consider us again for future stays.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2013

We had a one night, quick trip to Galveston recently, while pulling a cargo trailer. The hotel valet was very courteous, helping us park the trailer, unhitching it, and blocking it off so it was safe and secure. We were very pleased with the service. The other hotel staff was equally as friendly and the service was great! The room was very comfortable, with a small balcony, although the view was not incredibly terrific, I could still see and hear the ocean! We would definately recommend this hotel and plan to stay there again on our next visit. The service was just wonderful and made our trip so much easier!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple